PDA

View Full Version : Decent Billiard Balls

wantsumrice
10-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,

There's a pool table in the lounge of my dorm, and they provide pool balls but I find that the ones they give away are very heavy... And I heard somewhere that you could damage your cue by playing with cheap balls, is this true?

So I was thinking of buying a set myself, so I wouldn't need to worry about damaging my cue and so I wouldn't need to be worrying about checking the balls in and out. Which brands are good?

ras314
10-05-2005, 03:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wantsumrice:</font><hr> And I heard somewhere that you could damage your cue by playing with cheap balls, is this true?
[ QUOTE ]

News to me. Well, maybe if you get mad enough to wack your cue on something...

Bob_Jewett
10-05-2005, 06:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wantsumrice:</font><hr>... I find that the ones they give away are very heavy... Which brands are good? <hr /></blockquote>
I simply don't believe the first part. If the balls are significantly heavier than the regulation 6 ounces, they must be very special, perhaps antiques, and may be worth a lot of money. Offer to replace them with brand new balls if you can have the old ones.

Aramith is good. It's the only brand used in any world championship these days, so far as I know.

Unless the balls have sharp cracks exposed, I can't imagine that you can hurt your cue by hitting them.

Is it April 1st already?