PDA

View Full Version : My New Retirement Plan

9 Ball Girl
10-06-2005, 11:04 AM
<font color="red">INVESTING FOR YOUR RETIREMENT</font color>

<font color="green">If you had purchased $1,000 of Nortel Stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.</font color>

<font color="blue">With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.</font color>

<font color="orange">With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.</font color>

<font color="brown">But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of Beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.</font color>

<font color="red">Based on the above, current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.</font color>

It's called the 401-Keg Plan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
10-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Classic.
Too bad I didn't store a million gallons of gasoline starting 3 year ago.

Sid_Vicious
10-07-2005, 05:20 AM
9'ster...I don't remember ever seeing you with a beer in Texas. Does this mean you are a beginner?, cuz I give lessons for the price of your good company(and the bar tab) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif...sid

9 Ball Girl
10-07-2005, 07:00 AM
How quickly we forget. All I kept downing was Corona or the Texan fav, LoneStar. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
10-07-2005, 07:24 AM
"or the Texan fav, LoneStar"

WTF! You definitely need lessons in Texas beer drinkin'. Only the outa towners purposely drinks that stuff ;-) Remember all those cows you saw? Half of what goes into Lone Star Beer comes from those cow, and I ain't talking about milk /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif sid

9 Ball Girl
10-07-2005, 08:03 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Funny thing is, the LoneStar beers that they sell in the bars here in NY look completely different than the ones I was drinking there. Maybe we get the better stuff?

Sid_Vicious
10-07-2005, 08:16 AM
How's the Canadian beer in NY compared to being in Canada???sid

Stretch
10-08-2005, 02:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> How's the Canadian beer in NY compared to being in Canada???sid <hr /></blockquote>

Cheaper! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St

Voodoo Daddy
10-09-2005, 02:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <font color="red">INVESTING FOR YOUR RETIREMENT</font color>

<font color="green">If you had purchased $1,000 of Nortel Stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.</font color>

<font color="blue">With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.</font color>

<font color="orange">With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.</font color>

<font color="brown">But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of Beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.</font color>

<font color="red">Based on the above, current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.</font color>

It's called the 401-Keg Plan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Simple inverstments like Balabushka's in the early eightys were somewhere around $700-$1000. Now they draw about $12000-$20000, my parents thought I had rocks in my head back then.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif