PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Player Nicknames

06-21-2002, 01:29 AM
What are everyones favorite and least favorite player nicknames, for me it has to be.

Favorite

Nick"The Kentucky Colonel" Varner

Least Favorite

Corey "The Prince of Pool" Duell

I don't know if Corey gave himself this nickname, but I would spend the rest of my life trying to get rid of it.

Rich

Patrick
06-21-2002, 02:37 AM
Will you call me Patrick "The Alien" when I start on the IBC world tour?

Patrick

Voodoo Daddy
06-21-2002, 04:43 AM
Tour Favorite?..."The Rifleman" Buddy Hall {just fits}

Least favorite?..."Django" Franciso Bustamante {reminds me of the great jazz guiitarist Django Reinhartd,not a pool player

All time favorite? "The Polish Prince" John Dovinsky {its a Florida thing}

Voodoo...will keep his nickname

BillPorter
06-21-2002, 06:42 AM
My favorite has to be "Kid Delicious" (Danny Bassivich).

PQQLK9
06-21-2002, 07:06 AM
Favorites: "Pretty Boy Floyd" Jimmy Mataya...cool dude
"Machine Gun Lou" Butera

Least: "Capt'n Hook" (my favorite player)Mike Sigel
"Striking Viking" but I love her "EVA"

Kato
06-21-2002, 07:23 AM
My favorites. Big Steve "Voodoo Daddy", Phil Schuman, "Father Time"

Least favorite, R.J. "Kato" Benoit, LOL

Kato~~~slapped with a nickname on top of my nickname.

TheFish
06-21-2002, 07:25 AM
I wish I was called the prince. but everyone just calls me The fish. I wonder why?

Fred Agnir
06-21-2002, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich:</font><hr> What are everyones favorite and least favorite player nicknames, for me it has to be.

Favorite

Nick"The Kentucky Colonel" Varner<hr></blockquote>
Funny, that's one of my least favorites.

Most of my least favorites are ones that people made up just to make up a nickname.

Least:

Troy "The Boy Toy" Frank
Mika "The Iceman" Immonen

C'mon...

Favorites

Jose' Amang Parica
King James Rempe
Oil Can Larry Lisciotti
Larry the Iceman Hubbart
Hippie Jimmy Reid
Cornbread Red
Bugs Rucker
Strawberry Brooks
on and on and on...

but my all-time favorite (as of this moment) has got to be:

Charlie Williams!!!!

Fred

Vagabond
06-21-2002, 08:02 AM
Howdy,
John was also known as ``Road Runner``. I have not seen him for ages. cheers
Vagabond

Vagabond
06-21-2002, 08:11 AM
Howdy,
My least favorite: Chiken man ( do not know his real name.He is from Boston area).
Most Favorite: Minnesota Fats , Tennessee Tarzan ( Mike Massey)
Cheers
Vagabond

Wally_in_Cincy
06-21-2002, 08:19 AM
Coolest:

"Silent Assassin" is pretty cool
also
Vivian Villareal "The Texas Tornado"
Allison Fisher "The Duchess of Doom"
Jeanette Lee "The Black Widow"

Least Favorite:
"G-Force" Gerda Hofstatter
"Striking Viking" (I don't think the Vikings were Swedish)

9 Ball Girl
06-21-2002, 08:30 AM
Favorites:

Tony "The Silent Assassin" Robles
Jeanette "The Black Widow" Lee
Charlie "The Korean Dragon" Williams
Karen "The Irish Invader" Corr

Least Favorites:

Cory "The Prince of Pool" Duell
Neslie "The Crunch" O'Hare

PQQLK9
06-21-2002, 09:10 AM
"but my all-time favorite (as of this moment) has got to be: Charlie Williams"

ROTFLMAO

06-21-2002, 11:51 AM
Hao Ping Chang of Taiwan, on his World Championship information form, one year had his nickname down as 'Happy Boy from Windy Village'. The following year he had toughened up considerably and was billing himself as 'National Defensive Missile'!

Other classics from out east were Fong Pang Chao - 'Cold Faced Murderer' ( I swear!).

Another Taiwanese player had his NN down as 'Smart Boy of Billiard Circuit'. Catchy huh?

I also like Steve Singh's who is an English pool player of the Sikh religion. His is the Turbanator and, of course, he wears one when he plays!

Luke

Eric.
06-21-2002, 12:20 PM
Best:
Rifleman, Razor, the Cannon, the Black Widow, Scorpion, Texas Tornado, the Lion.

Worst:
Prince of Pool, G-Force, China Doll, Dancing Bear, Kentucky Colonel(KFC?)

IMO, you gotta have some personality n soul behind the names or else it can get cheesy real quick!

Eric &gt;nickname: Eric

Wally_in_Cincy
06-21-2002, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Luke Riches:</font><hr> Hao Ping Chang of Taiwan, on his World Championship information form, one year had his nickname down as 'Happy Boy from Windy Village'. The following year he had toughened up considerably and was billing himself as 'National Defensive Missile'!

Other classics from out east were Fong Pang Chao - 'Cold Faced Murderer' ( I swear!). <hr></blockquote>

I thought it was "Stone-faced Killer". Same thing I suppose. I like to call him "The Smirking Jerk"

Sincerely,

Wally~~ "Bloody nice chap and quaffer of spiritous liquers"

Scott Lee
06-21-2002, 12:40 PM
Patrick...Gee, we will ALL be waiting with baited breath to hear of your conquests on the IBC tour! LOL Like to make a wager on whether you win even ONE match!

Scott Lee

Scott Lee
06-21-2002, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Luke Riches:</font><hr> I also like Steve Singh's who is an English pool player of the Sikh religion. His is the Turbanator and, of course, he wears one when he plays!Luke <hr></blockquote>

Luke...Now I LIKE that one! Very clever! The Turbanator! LOL There were many more nicknames with the older players, many with very cool monikers, than most of the weak nicknames for today's players. A couple of examples: Eddie Taylor, as the Knoxville Bear; or Marshall Carpenter, as the Tuscaloosa Squirrel. LOTS of players/hustlers in those days didn't even KNOW the real names of their opponents and/or road partners! They only knew them by their nicknames! LOL

Scott Lee

Fred Agnir
06-21-2002, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eric.:</font><hr> IMO, you gotta have some personality n soul behind the names or else it can get cheesy real quick!

Eric &gt;nickname: Eric <hr></blockquote>

LOL!! You reminded me of a post I've done in the past:

<a target="_blank" href=http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;oe=UTF8&amp;threadm=2aIb6.5755%24KJ3.319896%40newsre ad2.prod.itd.earthlink.net&amp;rnum=1&amp;prev=/groups%3Fq%3DChippewa%2BFred%2B%2Binsubject:proud% 2Binsubject:guys%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF8%26selm%3D2aIb6.5755%2524KJ3.319896%2 540newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net%26rnum%3D1>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;oe=UTF8&amp;threadm=2aIb6.5755%24KJ3.319896%40newsre ad2.prod.itd.earthlink.net&amp;rnum=1&amp;prev=/groups%3Fq%3DChippewa%2BFred%2B%2Binsubject:proud% 2Binsubject:guys%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF8%26selm%3D2aIb6.5755%2524KJ3.319896%2 540newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net%26rnum%3D1</a>

Fred

Eric.
06-21-2002, 01:00 PM
HAHAHAHa!

Eric &gt;still tryin to figger out what "Kemosabe" really meant

stickman
06-21-2002, 02:01 PM
BEST: Allison Fisher - Duchess of Doom

Lorri Jon Jones - Queen of the Hill

Jeanette Lee - The Black Widow

Efren "The Magician" Reyes

Johnnie "The Scorpion" Archer

Jim "Stickman" Redstone /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

WORST: Nick "Kentucky Colonel" Varner - Does he fry chicken?

Gerda Hofstatter - G-Force - this is what we call people that hit the ball hard on every stroke.

Ken
06-21-2002, 04:23 PM
"Chicken Man" Billy Dunsmore.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/wright_ken>http://www.geocities.com/wright_ken</a>

ted harris
06-21-2002, 04:27 PM
Chicken Man is Bill Dunsmore.

ted harris
06-21-2002, 04:48 PM
When I was out on the road a few years ago in Seattle, I ran across a couple of funny, yet serious nicknames. I was playing a guy named "Turbo" Johnny. We were playing cheap like $10- or $20- a game, and I was up a bit. I asked the guy why they called him Turbo Johnny, and he said it was because he was a theif, and he could do 10 flat with a TV on his back. Later, when I was at the 211 Club, I was playing for $50- or so a set with a dark skinned guy named "Dirty" Rich. A little while later I asked him why they called him "Dirty" Rich? His response was "Do I look clean?" During our gambling match, I was drilling balls in from everywhere, and was just trouncing poor "Dirty" Rich, and he actually started looking sick; losing his color. After a while he was rubbing his chest and started bitching at me that I was killing him, and getting very irritable. I told him it was just a game, and it was not worth dying for. When the match was done he went down the stairs and left. I heard later that he had a heart attack during our match. I must have played pretty good.

Patrick
06-21-2002, 05:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Patrick...Gee, we will ALL be waiting with baited breath to hear of your conquests on the IBC tour! LOL Like to make a wager on whether you win even ONE match!

Scott Lee <hr></blockquote> It is obvious how jealous you are. The only way I could lose is if the opponent gets lucky, because 9-ball is a luck game!

Patrick

06-21-2002, 07:04 PM
Chicken Man...Bill Dunsmore. His nickname fits Vagabond, dont ya think? Also remember a road agent from the mid-west named the Beagle, he traveled with a black dude that dressed like a stone pimp!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Voodoo...laughs at memories of the Chicken Man

06-21-2002, 07:58 PM
/

Chris Cass
06-21-2002, 08:33 PM
Will call you "Lumpy."
HAHAHAHAHAHA

C.C.

Chris Cass
06-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Hey Ted,

You need to tell us a story once in awhile. I enjoy road stories.

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
06-21-2002, 08:46 PM
C.C., I'll second that motion! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Patrick
06-21-2002, 08:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Will call you "Lumpy."
HAHAHAHAHAHA

C.C. <hr></blockquote>

Why "Lumpy"?

Patrick

stickman
06-21-2002, 09:25 PM
After you get pounded, you'll be LUMPY. LMAO!! HeHe

Troy
06-21-2002, 10:07 PM
How about "Netherworlder"..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> Will you call me Patrick "The Alien" when I start on the IBC world tour?

Patrick <hr></blockquote>

Patrick
06-21-2002, 10:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> After you get pounded, you'll be LUMPY. LMAO!! HeHe <hr></blockquote> I will not lose if there is no luck involved.

Patrick

cheesemouse
06-22-2002, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I will not lose if there is no luck involved<hr></blockquote>

Does that mean 'luck' isn't universal???

Wally_in_Cincy
06-22-2002, 08:05 AM
Remember Jesse "The Body" Ventura?

I recommend Neslie "The Body" O'Hare. Rowrr...

Vicki
06-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Worst: absolute worst... "The Pearl"

We should be able to do better for the world's best 9-ball player. It's shamefull really.

06-24-2002, 02:47 PM

06-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Gee.....the only thing that consistently comes to mind is....

Wingnut.

Scott Lee
06-25-2002, 01:01 PM
Wally...I'll second that emotion! Woohoo! She is definitely a hottie...and SMART too! She has, I believe, a masters and a doctorate degree!

Scott Lee

06-25-2002, 04:22 PM
How about Earl "Always Find Something To Cry About" Strickland?

cheesemouse
06-25-2002, 04:41 PM
Or Earl 'boohoo' Strickland~~~~~

SPetty
06-26-2002, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> Or Earl 'boohoo' Strickland~~~~~ <hr></blockquote>hahahaha Or Earl 'do you want some cheese with that whine' Strickland~~~~~

06-26-2002, 08:34 PM
Whitewolf, you must be from the No. Va. area? I live in that area myself and have played Spanish Rob a few times. I don;t know Cue-Ball Barry from Frederick though, is he playing out of Champions there?

Zach

06-26-2002, 11:36 PM
I was watching a one pocket match one night for a considerable amount of money. I found out one of the guys who was playing was nicknamed "The Milkman". I asked the person if he was nicknamed that because when the pressure was on, he would deliver and the guy turned to me and said "No, its because he's a retired milkman". ......doh!!!

Voodoo Daddy
06-27-2002, 12:44 AM
Mike Ives?...wow, havent heard that name in forever. Last I saw him he was living on a sailboat on the west coast of Florida. Nice guy, great writer and always stuck his tounge out when he pulled the trigger...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Voodoo...friends with Mike since '85

06-27-2002, 07:55 AM

PQQLK9
06-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Hi Whitewolf...do you by any chance know Greg Papas ...I think he lives in Rockville or Germantown and Probably shoots anywhere where there is action. We used to work together in Silver Spring....he's my mentor. He was kind of portly with a ponytail the last time I saw him.

ted harris
06-27-2002, 06:11 PM
I am going to Greg's this weekend for his Summer Party 2002. If you will email me your name and phone # I will give it to him ASAP. My email address is on my website at www.tedharris.com (http://www.tedharris.com) .

PQQLK9
06-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Thanks Ted...mail sent.

07-02-2002, 02:08 PM
Lets see, from my days.... Some of the best

Luther "Wimpy" Lassiter
Irving "The Deacon" Crane
Ray "Cool Cat" Martin
"Gentleman" Jack Colavita (my dad)
"Cue Ball Kelly" Charles Zingali (Greatest Referee)
"Weenee Beenie" Bill Staton
Joe "The Meatman" Balsis
Lou "Machine Gun" Butera

Anyone from NY remember "Dave the Face" Dave Lipner
from the Golden Cue in Queens?

Can anyone add some more from that era....