PDA

View Full Version : To MY friends, Please read.

cueball1950
10-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Well my friends, i have come to a decision and i must abide by that decision for awhile. I must say good bye to the board and my friends for awhile. As alot of you know already, things here at home with my wife's health are not good and they are only getting worse. next up for her is a type of ventilator that is called a turtle shell that she will use only at night when sleeping to help give her lungs a rest. I could stay on here and continue like i have been doing but i feel like i am cheating her on her care if i do. She still wants me to continue to play pool as an outlet and such but i feel that my time would be better off spent being around her and taking care of her needs and trying to make her life easier and more comfortable. I will check in from time to time as i know i could never give it up totally and i know i will still make valley forge in january for atleast over night. But i love you all and will miss you all so please do me a favor and keep her in your prayers for me. till we meet again................mike

Cane
10-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Mike, I hope it goes without saying that you and your wife will be in all our thoughts and prayers. You and your words will be missed.

Best regards,
Bob

stickman
10-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Mike, my prayers will be with you and your wife.
God bless, Jim

Rich R.
10-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Take care Mike. Stop in when you can.
We will see you at VF.

dg-in-centralpa
10-07-2005, 04:31 AM
Mike,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you, your wife, and the rest of your family. You have my phone number, call me if you need to talk.

Duane

Sid_Vicious
10-07-2005, 04:58 AM
Mike,

Good fortune added your wife to you life for you to enjoy, love and cherish. Mostly though we bond to take care of one another in times of need, and you know where you need to be right now, this is the way it should be. Take care Mike.

Sid

Brian in VA
10-07-2005, 05:01 AM
I'll hold you and your wife in my thoughts Mike. If you need anything, you know where to call.

Brian in VA

RUNaRAK
10-07-2005, 05:06 AM
Wishing you and your wife the best. You are a good man. Your support is what she needs, keep up the good work. Your situation will be lifted up in my prayers.

Joe

pooltchr
10-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Mike,
More prayers coming up from the southland. We understand your need to spend time with her. That's part of what a good marriage is all about.
You will both be in our thoughts.
Steve

Qtec
10-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Here's hoping that the next time you post it will be with better news. Try and stay positive DG. Best of luck.

Qtec

9 Ball Girl
10-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Mike, I wish your wife well. You've got my number if you need anything.

Steve Lipsky
10-07-2005, 06:54 AM
Mike,

You and your wife are in my prayers. You have been an enormous inspiration to me over the years and you know I will be there for you. PM or call anytime you need to talk, Mike. You are a wonderful person and friend, and this board will always be here for you.

- Steve

Deeman3
10-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Mike,

You are in all our prays. We'll be here when you need us. God Bless your wife.

Deeman

sack316
10-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Mike,
More prayers and love coming to you and yours from Alabama. Thank you for being a good enough person to put someone elses comfort and needs to the highest priority. It takes a special person that you obviously are. Best wishes to you and your family.
sack

Fran Crimi
10-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Tough times, Mike. Tough times.

My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Sending thoughts and prayers to you from NYC,
Fran

Eric.
10-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Keep in touch, Mike. Best thoughts to you and yours, I'll catch up with you down the road.

Eric

Barbara
10-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Take care of your bride, Mike.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Barbara

Tom_In_Cincy
10-07-2005, 11:52 AM
YOu must do what you feel is correct.

I will miss your posts.

JMD in VA
10-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Mike, you and the wife are in my prayers. If you need anything, let us know and "The Mayor" will rally the troops. Take care! Keep in touch!

JMD in VA

Keith Talent
10-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Best to you and your wife, Mike.

pooldaddy9
10-07-2005, 04:50 PM
We have you both in our thoughts and prayers. You do what you have to do. We are here for you if you need us. That is what family is for.
pooldaddy9

dg-in-centralpa
10-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Mike - So glad I got to meet you at the Open. My thoughts will be with you and your wife. You know you have a wonderful support system waiting here for you when you need it.
Love,
Mrs. DG

Harold Acosta
10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Mike, it's sad to know what you are going through; however, it is the most honorable duty you can do. Give her all your best, make her feel she is your first priority.

My most sincere prayers will be with you. Be strong, very strong my friend.

God bless....

Harold

theinel
10-08-2005, 01:57 AM
cueball1950,

I am sorry to hear about the tough times that you and your wife are facing. Please remember that no matter how much of your time that you need to devote to her that you must also give yourself some too. Your strength must be maintained in order for her to benefit from it. If that means an hour out playing pool or a few minutes catching up on the CCB it is well worth it to her and to you. Stay positive and stay in touch.

Best wishes,

Terry

DickLeonard
10-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Mike, good luck and I will keep your wife in my prayers. You always have to choose family over any hopes or dreams.####

Scott Lee
10-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Mike...Best wishes with your lovely wife! I'll be thinking good thoughts, and praying for whatever comes, to be as easy as possible, on everyone concerned! I enjoyed meeting you last December in Albany, and I look forward to another time...next time we get to PLAY some! God bless!

Scott

ARJ
10-08-2005, 04:14 PM
All my best Mike.

ARJ

Voodoo Daddy
10-09-2005, 02:48 AM
Good luck Mike...were all rooting for her. See you in March!!

Leviathan
10-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Best regards, Mike, with respect and best wishes.--Alan

cueball1950
10-10-2005, 02:00 PM
I just wanted to take a real quick minute and make a post saying thank you to all of my friends for your kind words of encouragement during what is going to be a difficult time. I will post from time to time to say hi and to let every one know that i am well and how things are going. Again, thanks for all of your kind words. I now know what it means to have true friends..................................mike