PDA

View Full Version : My curse has been lifted!!!

Voodoo Daddy
10-09-2005, 06:46 AM
Life will be good now that the REDSOX are out of the playoffs. Since they won the World Series last year my karma has been in termoil. When the White sox shot them down I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders like kickin crack <so I'm told, lol>. If the Yankees get past the Angels, the White Sox will give them all they can handle from what I saw.

Deeman3
10-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Voodoo,

Yep, Maybe my Cardinals won't blow it so easy this year....

I was glad to see the Sox do well but feel bad for Boston as they still a quality team. Houston has my attention right now. They could do some damage.

Deeman

9 Ball Girl
10-09-2005, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Life will be good now that the REDSOX are out of the playoffs. Since they won the World Series last year my karma has been in termoil. When the White sox shot them down I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders like kickin crack &lt;so I'm told, lol&gt;. If the Yankees get past the Angels, the White Sox will give them all they can handle from what I saw. <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
10-09-2005, 03:26 PM
I was kind of hoping the Yankees and Red Sox would meet again. That would have made for a good playoff series.

sack316
10-10-2005, 03:53 PM
yeah, a Red Sox-Yanks ALCS would have been good to watch, much like their season finale with a good storyline and history to back it up. But I'm also glad to see the white sox enjoy some success, and as a cubs fan I guess it's the next best thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
No matter who goes and who doesn't, the CS and the WS should both be great series and fun to watch. Gotta love October

DickLeonard
10-12-2005, 06:15 AM
Voodoo Daddy, I glad the Curse has Been Lifted. This World Series will be a TV disaster as for Ratings but at least were guaranteed a new Worlds Series Champion.####

9 Ball Girl
10-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Hell yeah! And even though the Yanks lost, I take solace in knowing that they did better than the BoSucks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catscradle
10-12-2005, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hell yeah! And even though the Yanks lost, I take solace in knowing that they did better than the BoSucks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Losing is losing, it is not a relative thing. There is only 1 World Series Champion, and only 1 team with bragging rights.
Of course, professional sports are all a farce anyway. You can't really believe the members of the Yankees care about NYC or that the members of the Red Sox care about Boston. The care about their paychecks and their individual platitudes, but that's a whole other thread. Cases in point David Wells, Pedro Martinez, A-Rod, etc.

9 Ball Girl
10-12-2005, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr>Losing is losing, it is not a relative thing. There is only 1 World Series Champion, and only 1 team with bragging rights. Of course, professional sports are all a farce anyway. You can't really believe the members of the Yankees care about NYC or that the members of the Red Sox care about Boston. The care about their paychecks and their individual platitudes, but that's a whole other thread. Cases in point David Wells, Pedro Martinez, A-Rod, etc. <hr /></blockquote>

I guess you're right. Curse those handsome devils!

Tom_In_Cincy
10-12-2005, 10:52 AM
I only root for 4 teams in baseball.

The Red Sox, Cardinals and any team playing the Yankees or the Cubs.

St. Louis only wins or plays in the World Series in the even decades. The 20s, 40s, 60, 80s and now the 00s. Check it out.

The Cards are 2nd only to the Yankees in World Series titles.

catscradle
10-13-2005, 03:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
I guess you're right. Curse those handsome devils! <hr /></blockquote>

From my perspective handsomeness is not a factor in the evaluation of men's professional sports teams. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now if we're talking about the WPBA ....

catscradle
10-13-2005, 03:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Life will be good now that the REDSOX are out of the playoffs. Since they won the World Series last year my karma has been in termoil. When the White sox shot them down I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders like kickin crack &lt;so I'm told, lol&gt;. If the Yankees get past the Angels, the White Sox will give them all they can handle from what I saw. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey voodoo, why the omen link? I thought you were a Searing guy.

Voodoo Daddy
10-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Thats what you get for thinking again Cats, lol!!! Just helping a friend is all...I'd do that for any Florida cuemaker!!

catscradle
10-13-2005, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Thats what you get for thinking again Cats, lol!!! Just helping a friend is all...I'd do that for any Florida cuemaker!! <hr /></blockquote>

FWIW, I find his website not very user friendly. I have hit with his cues though and they are quite nice.