PDA

View Full Version : Special pool clothes legal? I want to wear this

Patrick
06-21-2002, 06:26 PM
http://www.spaceart-online.de/Artikel/asa087.jpg
Picture is of Bison from Streetfighter movie.
This will look good when coming into the arena, then you remove the coat. Like in boxing.
The metal shoes are good for stability in the stance, normal leather shoes are flexible when you add pressure to it, so the stance would move a little.
The clothes should be tight for consistency and to improve speed in the break. A suit similar to what sprinters use, to get less wind resistance. Because the wind changes the direction of the arm from the sleeve and it will be unpredictable. Special gloves are needed too.
If you will move your legs in the break, then the metal shoes are not good. But moving the whole body is not perfect for breaking, you need accuracy in matches.
When attempting world record breaks, then you can use different lighter shoes with a good grip to the ground to get a faster break. Or then you can change shoes for breaking between every game if you are skilled enough.

All this advice is useless if your game isn't perfect already.

Patrick

stickman
06-21-2002, 09:10 PM
Patrick, you're supposed to use that stuff for glueing your tips on. You've been sniffing it again, haven't you? Lay down and take a nap and you'll feel better when you wake up. LMAO

rackmup
06-22-2002, 07:01 AM
http://members.aol.com/discopimpsaz/discopimps.jpg

The shirts are looser, allowing you a greater range of movement (for jump shots and hard masse' shots.) The pants are tighter, allowing you to keep your balls racked tighter.

The shoes are taller (8" platforms) allowing a greater view of the table.

The hairstyle allows you to store "Tip Shapers", chalk, etc. at arms length. No more running back to your case! Simply reach into your "Pool 'Fro" and get with it!

The special sunglasses reduce glare from overhead lighting.

Another positive benefit from the clothing shown is...THE LADIES DIG IT!

Regards,

Ken

Ken's Pool Pimp School
<font color=blue>www.poolpimpin_andho_dealing.com</font color=blue>

PQQLK9
06-22-2002, 08:25 AM
Hilarious....ROTFLMAO...Pimpin n' Pool...."you better have my monee"

9 Ball Girl
06-22-2002, 10:11 AM
Oh yeah Baby. I am definitely diggin' this look!

Chris Cass
06-24-2002, 09:28 AM
Been there, done that. LOL

C.C.

Fred Agnir
06-24-2002, 09:37 AM
Or maybe:

http://users.aol.com/whalerider/private/celeb/farlbutt.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Okay. Now I'm blind.

SPetty
06-24-2002, 11:30 AM
Hey Ken, isn't that you on the left there?

Doctor_D
06-24-2002, 11:38 AM
Good afternoon:

Time for the boys with the little white coats to come and take you away.

Dr. D.

stickman
06-24-2002, 12:01 PM
Patrick, you might feel more at home in this.

http://www.clicket.com/clicket/costume/images/15606.jpg

stickman
06-24-2002, 12:25 PM
http://www.t140.demon.co.uk/pages/bigi/sj436.jpg

Patrick
06-25-2002, 01:44 AM
Those clothes are useless for pool, normal clothes are better than that.
I want metal clothes so I can balance the stance. In formula 1 they balance the car with weights so the tyres last longer.
Don't you understand, when you accellerate and decellerate the arm, the body moves a little, body-arm weight ratio should be as big as possible. Body should weigh a lot, while the arm should weigh as little as possible.
But you can't just build up the muscles in the body only, you will not get enough speed in your arms. Arms should be the strongest so you can break fast. Of course you can train the arms for strength only and not mass (but this will take longer because any mistake will require you to start over) and the rest of the body for mass and strength. But then the arms will look weird and the body is unbalanced to do other sports, especially in bodybuilding where you need as much muscle mass as possible.
I want a fully developed body so I can become the best at other sports too. This is why I don't develop my body for pool only, I develop it for as many things as possible.
Because of this, I will need extra weights so my arms will weigh even less in proportion to my body.
You can't do this without a lot of strength, because you can't carry the metal clothes while moving fast enough around the table, plus it would look weird for the audience.

Patrick

TomBrooklyn
06-26-2002, 02:14 PM
Patrick, I showed your attire idea to Vince McMahon and he thought it was an excellent choice.

Pool players don't have much in the way of 'pool clothing'. There is the tuxedo, but that is a borrowed idea not exclusive to pool. Most sporting activities have special clothing. Even golfers have special shoes and certain dress items. We need a dress system for maximizing functional performance that is also stylish.

If you can prove the functionality of your clothing idea on the table, I think it will catch on. I'm looking forward to the pool halls being filled with swashbuckling superheroes in capes.

And it should be noted by all collectors that if Patrick changes his look, his early autograph cards with the 'old' look will become even more valuable.

06-26-2002, 02:21 PM
I once saw a man wearing some sort of apron to play pool in. This was years ago. Probably in 81. It tied around the legs. He kept chalk in an apron pocket. And he took it off before leaving when he was finished playing.

Kato
06-26-2002, 02:47 PM
Funny thing about that Tom. You stand to make an awful lot of money if Patrick changes his look...........don't you?

Kato

Kato
06-26-2002, 02:49 PM
Phil from So Flo wears an apron when he plays. When he saw Ray Martin wearing one it's sealed the deal.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
06-26-2002, 02:57 PM
I used to wear an apron when I played at a certain pool hall. It made me look like one of the old timers. The tables in this PH were dirty and if I didn't wear the apron, I wound up with a black streak across my thighs by the end of the night. You could tell who were the pool hall junkies just by looking at the front of our pants!