PDA

View Full Version : An amazing shot

eat_sleep_pool
10-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I was playing straight pool, and i ended up with something like this, dont really mind the other balls that are not in the cluster. But anyways i was looking at this shot for a little and i found this way to shot it. and it worked, you should have seen the smile on my face, and the dreaded look on my opponets face.. hahhahahah

eat_sleep_pool
10-09-2005, 08:24 PM
START(
%AN7O5%BL7P8%CJ1V9%DL7N1%EM7P1%FK6P1%GK6N8%HM7N8%I L7O4%JK6M5
%KH5P7%LW3E9%MK6Q4%NE7V0%OF8I1%PN5J2%QM6M3%UN2L9%V N5J6%[[1E4
%\U0Z2%]Q5W0%^N2P9
)END

I forgot to add the shot.. hhahhaha

SteveFromNY
10-10-2005, 10:22 AM
I always wondered how you see ths shot? All I see a bunch of jibberish.

Bob_Jewett
10-10-2005, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eat_sleep_pool:</font><hr> I was playing straight pool, and i ended up with something like this, dont really mind the other balls that are not in the cluster. But anyways i was looking at this shot for a little and i found this way to shot it. and it worked, you should have seen the smile on my face, and the dreaded look on my opponets face.. ... <hr /></blockquote>
(For those who couldn't see the Wei table posting, the shot was to bank the "second head ball" cross-side at straight pool.)

This is a standard dead shot at straight pool, usually shot from a 14-ball rack. The balls have to be racked right and the table has to have fairly sticky cloth. For other dead balls out of a full rack, see one of Robert Byrne's books. I don't remember if it is in "Standard" or "Advanced," but he lists a bunch of them.

Another standard dead ball from a full rack is either of the bottom corner balls to go cross-side. Just hit as much of them as you can from about the center of the foot rail. Some side spin on the cue ball may help.

heater451
10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SteveFromNY:</font><hr> I always wondered how you see ths shot? All I see a bunch of jibberish. <hr /></blockquote> http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/

Follow the link, and you will see a "help" link at the bottom-left on the page. You might want to bookmark the page as well (Add to Favorite. . .) .

The short instruction is: Copy the "gibberish", and use the "Paste" button with the WEI table.

If you want to diagram something, start with a fresh table. Click and drag the balls, arrows, and lables where you want, and click on "Copy". When you paste this into a post, you will see the gibberish again.

You can drag balls completely off the table, to remove them, but if you need more than is left, you will have to start over.

=============================