PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hendry and Jimmy"whirlwind"White

ukboy
10-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Stephen Hendry and Jimmy"whirlwind"White maybe joining Ronnie O'Sullivan in the US to play pool, depending on how much prize money is on offer.How much money do the top players make does anyone know?

DvB
10-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Last time I checked the average figure (and I'm rounding off here, granted), it came to approximately "crap." That's up slightly from "peanuts."

Scott "The Shot" Smith loves to tell this joke to the galleries (right word?) at the tournaments he works: What do a pro pool player and a small pizza have in common? Neither can feed a family of four.

Billy
10-12-2005, 03:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ukboy:</font><hr> Stephen Hendry and Jimmy"whirlwind"White maybe joining Ronnie O'Sullivan in the US to play pool, depending on how much prize money is on offer.How much money do the top players make does anyone know? <hr /></blockquote>

they will be helping us more than we will be helping them

compared to what they're accustomed to, they had better enjoy playing pool more so than winning the US dollar

jmo

DickLeonard
10-12-2005, 05:47 AM
DVB your right about that once my family got to 5 I gave up pool.Thanks for the laugh. Then I said to myself holy cow that is me. ####

Deeman3
10-12-2005, 07:02 AM
UKBoy,

Unlike the UK, we don't have betting pools that would drive up prize money or increase viewership amongst our fans here. I remember long broascasts of snooker and having little old ladies recognise Steven, Jimmy and The Nugget on the streets. Our top ten pool players could not get arrested, much less recognised by the general public.

That, combinedwith little or no endorsements of top players in the general media means we have a system where the top few players can eak out a meager living with a few doing better if they have an interest in pool related retail sales.

If the snooker players are in the top 50 in the UK, they would probably be better served to stay in that sport.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Deeman