PDA

View Full Version : Best Inexpensive Pool Tables?

Greg88
10-12-2005, 10:43 AM
At this point I just need an inexpensive 8' pool table that plays fairly well. There are some slate tables for ~$1000-1100, such as (1) Imperial's Player II and Eliminator, (2) DMI Sport's Minnesota Fats Vegas and Cordoba, and (3) Playcraft's Oak Knight and Black Night. Which of these play best (play surface, rails, cushions, ..)? How do they compare to the $600-700 Mizerak Slatron tables (like the Oakwood, Heritage, and Majestic), which are a lot easier to "handle".

Billy
10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Greg88:</font><hr> At this point I just need an inexpensive 8' pool table that plays fairly well. There are some slate tables for ~$1000-1100, such as (1) Imperial's Player II and Eliminator, (2) DMI Sport's Minnesota Fats Vegas and Cordoba, and (3) Playcraft's Oak Knight and Black Night. Which of these play best (play surface, rails, cushions, ..)? How do they compare to the $600-700 Mizerak Slatron tables (like the Oakwood, Heritage, and Majestic), which are a lot easier to "handle". <hr /></blockquote>

I've always thought that Gandy commercial tables were the best table for the price

if you have the time look for used commercial tables (Brunswick,Gandy,Diamond) ... they are in abundance and will save you big money

jmo