PDA

View Full Version : eg8r, where are you?

Qtec
10-13-2005, 08:46 AM
I thought of you when I read this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Was Cheney involved in Palmegate?

[ QUOTE ]
Fitzgerald’s examination centers on a group of players charged with not only selling the war, but according to sources familiar with the case, to discredit anyone who openly “disagreed with the official Iraq war” story.

The group’s members included Deputy White House chief of staff Karl Rove, Bush advisor Karen Hughes, Senior Advisor to the Vice President Mary Matalin, Deputy Director of Communications James Wilkinson, Assistant to the President and Legislative Liaison Nicholas Calio, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, National Security Advisor Stephen Hadley and I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby - Chief of Staff to the Vice President and co-author of the Administration's pre-emptive strike policy.

Rice was later appointed Secretary of State; her deputy Hadley was made National Security Advisor. Wilkinson departed to become a spokesman for the military's central command, and later for the Republican National Convention. Hughes was recently appointed Undersecretary of State.

Several members of the group have testified before Fitzgerald’s grand jury.

Cheney’s role under scrutiny

Two officials close to Fitzgerald told RAW STORY they have seen documents obtained from the White House Iraq Group which state that Cheney was present at several of the group's meetings. They say Cheney personally discussed with individuals in attendance at least two interviews in May and June of 2003 Wilson gave to New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof and Washington Post reporter Walter Pincus, in which he claimed the administration “twisted” prewar intelligence and what the response from the administration should be.

Cheney was interviewed by the FBI surrounding the leak in 2004. According to the New York Times, Cheney was asked whether he knew of any concerted effort by White House aides to name Ms. Wilson.

Sources close to the investigation have also confirmed that special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald is trying to determine Vice President Cheney's role in the outing of Mrs. Wilson, more specifically, if Cheney ordered the leak.

Those close to Fitzgerald say they have yet to uncover any evidence that suggests Cheney ordered the leak or played a role in the outing of Mrs. Wilson. Still, the sources said they are investigating claims that Cheney may have been involved based on his attendance at meetings of the Iraq group. Previous reports indicate Cheney was intimately involved with the framing of the Iraq war.

On Wednesday, The Wall Street Journal confirmed that the Iraq group was under scrutiny.

“Formed in August 2002, the group, which included Messrs. [Karl] Rove and [Lewis] Libby, worked on setting strategy for selling the war in Iraq to the public in the months leading up to the March 2003 invasion,” the Journal reported. “The group likely would have played a significant role in responding to [former Ambassador Joseph] Wilson's claims” that the Bush administration twisted intelligence when it said Iraq tried to acquire yellow-cake uranium from Africa.

Rove's "strategic communications" task force operating inside the group was instrumental in writing and coordinating speeches by senior Bush administration officials, highlighting in September 2002 that Iraq was a nuclear threat.

Background

The White House Iraq Group operated virtually unknown until January 2004, when Fitzgerald subpoenaed for notes, email and attendance records. Bush Chief of Staff Andrew H. Card Jr. created the group in August of 2002.

“A senior official who participated in its work called it "an internal working group, like many formed for priority issues, to make sure each part of the White House was fulfilling its responsibilities," according to an Aug. 10, 2003, Washington Post investigative report on the group’s inner workings.

Senior Bush adviser Karl Rove chaired meetings of the group.

The group relied heavily on New York Times reporter Judith Miller, who, after meeting with several of the organization’s members in August 2002, wrote an explosive story that many critics of the war believe laid the groundwork for military action against Iraq.

On Sunday, Sept. 8, 2002, Miller wrote a story for the Times quoting anonymous officials who said aluminum tubes found in Iraq were to be used as centrifuges. Her report said the "diameter, thickness and other technical specifications" of the tubes -- precisely the grounds for skepticism among nuclear enrichment experts -- showed that they were "intended as components of centrifuges."

<font color="blue"> She closed her piece by quoting then-National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice who said the United States would not sit by and wait to find a smoking gun to prove its case, possibly in the form of a “a mushroom cloud." <font color="purple"> After Miller’s piece was published, administration officials pursued their case on Sunday talk shows using Miller’s piece as evidence that Iraq was pursuing a nuclear bomb, even though those officials were the ones who supplied Miller with the story and were quoted anonymously.</font color></font color>

Rice's comments on CNN’s “Late Edition” reaffirmed Miller’s story. Rice said that Saddam Hussein was "actively pursuing a nuclear weapon" and that the tubes -- described repeatedly in U.S. intelligence reports as "dual-use" items -- were "only really suited for nuclear weapons programs, centrifuge programs."

Cheney, on NBC's "Meet the Press," also mentioned the aluminum tubes story in the Times and said "increasingly, we believe the United States will become the target" of an Iraqi atomic bomb. Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, on CBS's "Face the Nation," asked viewers to "imagine a September 11th with weapons of mass destruction.”

President Bush reiterated the image of Rice’s mushroom cloud comment in his Oct. 7, 2002 speech.

<font color="red"> The International Atomic Energy Agency later revealed that Iraq’s aluminum tubes were never designed to enrich uranium. </font color>

In February of 2003, WHIG allegedly scripted the speech Powell made to the United Nations presenting the United States’ case for war.

Powell’s speech to the UN, United Press International reported, “was handled by the White House Iraq Group, which… provided Powell with a script for his speech, using information developed by Feith's group. Much of it was unsourced material fed to newspapers by the OSP. Realizing this, Powell's team turned to the now-discredited National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq. But some of Feith's handiwork ended up in Powell's mouth anyway.”

<hr /></blockquote>

They should all be tried for TREASON.

Q

eg8r
10-13-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was Cheney involved in Palmegate? <hr /></blockquote> Nope, and your quoted text states they have no evidence. However empowering minds like yourself keep the fight going in the internet world.

[ QUOTE ]
They should all be tried for TREASON. <hr /></blockquote> trea·son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trzn)
n.
Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

With this definition, I don't agree with your statement. Cheney did not wage any war on the US and I am pretty certain Saddam is not thanking him.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey Q,
Anyone who is dumb enough to think that we weren't duped in going to war by this bunch of liars, doesn't READ!

Cheney was mad as hell when Joe Wilson blew out the lights on one of their biggest lies.

Powell has already admitted that the United Nations address, made by himself, was full of intentionally exaggerated statements.

To involve our country in war, by intentionally decieving the people, is the same thing as being involved in waging war against ones country.

To intentionally decieve Congress, and the Senate, is a felony, to decieve them in order to involve the country in a war, is treason.

To out an undercover agent is treason.

Memos have already been exposed which prove that even those closest to the top of Government know that Bush had an agenda to go to war, and that he and his cabinet ignored the warnings about alQaeda's plans to fly jets into buildings. This has been well documented by the FBI. They chose to ignore it because it didn't fit in with their agenda for Iraq, which is also the reason why they did everything they could to prevent the 9/11 investigation, including cutting the money off for the investigation. Condoleza Rice refused to be interrogated in the investigation, originally, and if the families of those who lost their lives hadn't raised such an uproar about it, they probably would have gotten away with no investigation.

Dalay, Frist, Libby, Rove, and several others in the Resmuglican Party are under investigation, and my personal opinion is that Cheney will let his underlings go down to protect him the same way the Army officers let their underlings at Abugrabe take the heat for them after they promoted torture of prisoners.

There were people in the FBI warning this administration, and they wouldn't listen, and they are to blame for what happened at the World Trade Center, and the Chief of Security at the WTC was one of the people who left the FBI, frustrated because this administration turned down all warnings, and got rid of all those who stood between them and their agenda, he then went to work at the WTC, where he died on 9/11 trying to save others.

Bush is lower than 40% approval in many of today's polls, yet those who refuse to look at the truth about this corrupt administration are still defending him, even though he is destroying this country.

They should be lynched, impeachment isn't nearly enough for this bunch of criminals.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
10-13-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, and your quoted text states they have no evidence. <hr /></blockquote>
Do you think Cheney didnt know there was a plan to discredit Wilson?
Do you really think Libby and Rove have the authority to do something like this without Cheney knowing anything about it?

The facts are these;
they took the US to war, not in the National interest, but in their own interest. They distorted, mislead and lied in order to gain the neccessary suport.
The world is NOT a safer place and Iraq in a state of Anarchy. Its become a magnet and a training ground for every fanatic in the ME.
It has also shown there is no defence against suicide bombers!

The whole exercise has been a total shambles. I feel sorry for the 2000 dead and the 10,000 wounded- of whom you hardly hear anything about these days.

Its been pretty good for the oil companies and the US arms industry tho.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r
10-14-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Cheney didnt know there was a plan to discredit Wilson?
Do you really think Libby and Rove have the authority to do something like this without Cheney knowing anything about it? <hr /></blockquote> LOL, you don't care about the facts, you just want to play games about what you "think".

[ QUOTE ]
The facts are these;
they took the US to war, not in the National interest, but in their own interest. They distorted, mislead and lied in order to gain the neccessary suport.
The world is NOT a safer place and Iraq in a state of Anarchy. Its become a magnet and a training ground for every fanatic in the ME.
It has also shown there is no defence against suicide bombers!

The whole exercise has been a total shambles. I feel sorry for the 2000 dead and the 10,000 wounded- of whom you hardly hear anything about these days.

Its been pretty good for the oil companies and the US arms industry tho.
<hr /></blockquote> Doom and gloom. Those are not facts, they are beliefs, perception, speculation, whatever you want to call it. Not sure what you mean by hardly hearing about those that have died, more ridiculous nonsense, non-fact coming from you. You would not know what a fact is if it hit you in the face.

eg8r

Qtec
10-14-2005, 06:44 AM
I remember you saying that Rove had nothing to do with the leaking of P. I also remember you speculating that Wilson did it himself! LOL
Every time you present a 'fact', I show you that its not true- you have no more 'facts' left to use!
The WMDs, the links to Al Q, The tubes, the Yellowcake etc etc etc are all fantasies of GW&amp;crew.
Its very simple, they lied.
If you would get your head out of the sand[BTW, I think you should change your name to emu. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif] you would see it for yourself.
I live in hope. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

eg8r
10-14-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember you saying that Rove had nothing to do with the leaking of P. I also remember you speculating that Wilson did it himself! LOL
Every time you present a 'fact', I show you that its not true- you have no more 'facts' left to use!
The WMDs, the links to Al Q, The tubes, the Yellowcake etc etc etc are all fantasies of GW&amp;crew.
If you would get your head out of the sand[BTW, I think you should change your name to emu. ] you would see it for yourself.
I live in hope. <hr /></blockquote> Doom and gloom Q, that is where you live.

eg8r

Qtec
10-14-2005, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I remember you saying that Rove had nothing to do with the leaking of P. I also remember you speculating that Wilson did it himself! LOL
If you would get your head out of the sand you would see it for yourself.
I live in hope. <hr /></blockquote> Doom and gloom Q, that is where you live.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Now you are starting to talk like GW- all rhetoric, no substance. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Think about this the next time you moan about taxes, in 30 years time, your daughter will probably still be paying for this war!

BTW, Just last year, the UK finally paid off its debt to the US for [b]WW2!

Q

eg8r
10-14-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Think about this the next time you moan about taxes, in 30 years time, your daughter will probably still be paying for this war!
<hr /></blockquote> Hopefully the Fairtax will be here and all will be good.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Just last year, the UK finally paid off its debt to the US for WW2! <hr /></blockquote> Good for them.

eg8r