PDA

View Full Version : Baseball-The Pool Game

Candyman
10-13-2005, 09:49 AM
I did a search on CCB and nothing came up about this game. It is a very popular game in my area and is always played for a dime or quarter a point. If two or three people play they play against each other or four can play and they draw pills to match up as partners. The game is played with 21 balls racked like 8-ball. The idea is to shoot at the highest number ball and leave the cueball in a position where your opponent can't see a high number ball and no shot if possible. Each person gets only one shot. If a person scratches or fouls (like in 9-ball) they loose three points. The game goes on for nine innings (like baseball-hence the name). The balls are re-racked and the cueball stays where it is if needed. The person or team with the most points wins. If a winner had 100 points and the loser had 60 points, the difference would be 40 points. If you were playing for a dime, you would lose 4 bucks. It sounds fairly simple and it is, but a lot of strategy goes into it. I was just interested if others ever played this game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cycopath
10-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Do you safe break? Like in straight pool.

Candyman
10-13-2005, 12:31 PM
You break just like 8-ball. If you are lucky you can run in multiple balls and get a good points jump. However, if the game goes past one rack, which is common, the cueball stays where it ended up on the last shot and it is possible to pick off a high ball without disturbing the rack to much. If I were to rack, I would make sure only low balls were in accessable places.

SPetty
10-13-2005, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> You break just like 8-ball. If you are lucky you can run in multiple balls and get a good points jump. However, if the game goes past one rack, which is common, the cueball stays where it ended up on the last shot and it is possible to pick off a high ball without disturbing the rack to much. If I were to rack, I would make sure only low balls were in accessable places. <hr /></blockquote>Now I'm confused. This is twice you've referred to a high ball, not the high ball. Also, in your first post, you speak of hitting the high ball, not pocketing the high ball (or a high ball?), but in this post, you talk of running multiple balls. Pocketing balls?

Would you mind describing it again for me? It sounds like fun, and I've seen baseball balls for sale before.

Candyman
10-13-2005, 05:22 PM
I am sorry for the confusion. The balls are numbered 1 thru 21 and a special rack is available to accomodate the extra balls. It is a triangle rack. When your turn comes around, you get one shot only. You can shoot any ball on the table. It is to your advantage to shoot the highest numbered ball and get several balls to fall if possible. You are trying to get as many points with your one shot as possible. An example would be to shoot the 21 and 20 in at the same time. This would give you 41 points for your inning. You still have 8 innings left to score more points. This would be a perfect game for Petty Point. It really is a blast.