PDA

View Full Version : Chicken

Qtec
10-13-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush to troops: 'Never going to give in'
Sunni party, Shiite-Kurd coalition OK deal ahead of vote

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- President Bush gave a pep talk via teleconference Thursday to U.S. troops in Tikrit, telling them: "We're never going to back down" without a "total victory" in Iraq.

Bush talked with 10 members of Task Force Liberty in Tikrit and an Iraqi soldier, who gave a positive assessment of the security situation and the training of Iraqi forces.

"I'm going to assure you of this: that so long as I'm the president, we're never going to back down, we're never going to give in, we'll never accept anything less than total victory," he said.

Speaking from the White House, the president discussed the U.S. strategy in Iraq and the war on terror and thanked the troops for their service.

"When you e-mail your families, you tell them how proud the commander in chief is of their patience and their support as well," he said.

Bush asked the troops about preparations for Saturday's referendum on the Iraqi draft constitution and questioned them about conditions in Tikrit, former dictator Saddam Hussein's hometown.

The soldiers told the president Iraqi troops were ready to fight and that the Iraqi people seemed to be excited about the upcoming vote. (Full story)

Capt. David Williams told the president voter registration was up 17 percent -- more than 400,000 in north-central Iraq and 100,000 in Salaheddin province.

"I was with my Iraqi counterpart in the city of Tikrit last week, and he was going around talking to the locals," Williams said. "And from what he told me that the locals told him, the Iraqi people are ready and eager to vote in this referendum."

Capt. Brent Kennedy told Bush the 42nd Infantry Division, lead unit for Task Force Liberty, is working with Iraqis to secure 1,250 polling sites in Iraq as part of "Operation Saratoga."

Before the teleconference, Allison Barber, deputy assistant to the secretary of defense, went through a rehearsal of the scripted question-and-answer session, telling the troops that any non-scripted questions from the president should be handled by Kennedy.

When asked about the rehearsed event, White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the coordination was done because of the "technological challenges" of a satellite feed. He denied responses had been screened.

<hr /></blockquote>

Seems to me like the "bring it on", "never back down" Pres is too chicken to answer any real questions.

Q

wolfdancer
10-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Are you implying that our beloved chickenhawk Pres....is
chickens**t ?

Drop1
10-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Lets face it,the man is a lame chicken. The only one Bush is fooling,is Bush /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif