PDA

View Full Version : Best Layered Tip???

GolfProTj
10-15-2005, 02:30 PM
What's the best tip on the market?

UWPoolGod
10-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Golf-
Seems like the posts you have been writing lately have to do with the "best" items you are inquiring about. It is all personal feel with the way people play and how they move the cueball etc. So it is kind of hard to explain what the "best" of something is when it may not be the best for you personally.

That said, as far as tips go, I have played with three types of tips in the 9 years I have been playing pool. In progression: LePro, Hercules layered, and Moori III Med. I like the way the Moori plays, not too hard (miscue alot) and not too soft. I have had good results with it. I could have also had good results with another tip but since this one is working I will stick with it. If another tip comes out that is advertised to be the best I will wait to hear some hands on thoughts before fully changing from soemthing that is working. Good luck.

wolfdancer
10-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Kind of like asking what's the best golf ball, or clubs
( I like Callaway ).
I had a free supply of Moori's, but find the Everest tip suits my non-stroke, stroke the best.

stickman
10-15-2005, 08:52 PM
I don't know if they're the best but, I like the Moori III med. and Everest tips. I started having delaminations with Talisman's and switched to the above tips. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-16-2005, 08:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GolfProTj:</font><hr> What's the best tip on the market?

<hr /></blockquote>The absolute best tip on the market, is the tip that works best for you.

Every tip is just a little bit different from all other tips. Each will feel and hit a little bit different for each player using it. Whatever tip feels best and hits the best for you, is the best.

To find the best for you, it may take a little bit of experimentation.

Sid_Vicious
10-16-2005, 08:59 AM
If you are asking for advice on what to get with the most chance of liking the tip, of having it hold up to wear and keep shape, then my answer is the Moori. These tips have set a standard of layered tips over the years,,,why tinker with that???sid

Snapshot9
10-17-2005, 10:01 AM
I like the Hercules medium hard tip. Never had a problem
with them.

SteveFromNY
10-18-2005, 09:40 AM
My vote goes to the moori med as well, although I have the latest Moori III med which I'm having installed soon.