View Full Version : Talisman or Moori Tip?
10-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Is there much difference between that moori and talisman tips? I've tried the moori hard with a Preadtor Z and like the way it felt. If I go with moori I'll go with the medium one,
So to post so much,lol
There is so much for me to learn about the game
10-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Try these steps:
1. Take out coin (I prefer a quarter)
2. Flip into air in a spinning motion and falling onto a hard surface.
3. Call Heads or Tails (Heads being Moori, Tails being Talisman)
4. Wait until coin is motionless and flat.
5. Figure which to buy based on Heads or Tails facing up.
6. Go to pool store, buy the selected tip.
7. Have the tip installed on the end of your cue.
8. Practice with the tip for a few weeks,
9. If you like it, keep it and that is your new favorite tip. If you dislike the feel, repeat steps 6-8 on the other tip.
Practice, Practice, Practice. That will tell you if you like a tip or not. I would go with Moori, if you do not like it switch to something else and say it was $20 well spent on trying it out and getting some practice in at the same time. THey are both good tips, can't go wrong either way.
10-16-2005, 04:54 AM
The Talismans have had a lot of delamination problems in the past. Moori is the tip of choice in layered tips IMO...sid
10-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Todd, I tried all that....borrowed a quarter, found a nice quiet space, flipped the quarter...managed to catch it on only the third try... I've always had great hand-eye coordination
and it came up heads......and then I realised that you forgot to include a step.....
Is heads a Moori? or a Talisman?
When I had my cue lathe, I had some delamination problems with the Talisman...you had to be extra careful when trimming it.....but they also sometimes came apart through use. Good hit though....don't even see them mentioned anymore.
10-16-2005, 05:06 PM
wolfy..see step 3. HEHEHEHE (it was there and has not been edited hehe)
10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Jeez, you did include the heads/tails...thing....Reading ain't my thing.......
Years ago in the old AFL, before the merger...championship game Buffalo Vs San Diego....and the game goes into overtime
Elbert Dubenion (wide receiver?) is the co-caption for Buffalo, and wins the coin flip. The wind is blowing pretty strong, so Bflo wants to have the wind at their back....Delbert says we'll kick-off....San diego then gets to pick what end they'll defend......it all worked out though, Buffalo won.
so heads is....?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.