PDA

View Full Version : Dead Center!

PastPrime
10-18-2005, 11:26 AM
I've been working hard on not letting my shoulder sneak into the shot (which helps hold down my flying elbow) and have made good improvement. Now, however as I am concentrating on making a straight stroke I find that my Cue Tip does not return everytime to the center of the ball. It can go slightly left or right and I find it very hard to hit it "dead center". People watching say that my stroke looks OK but I can see the waver. Does anyone have a tip or suggestion that might help me on this? On long shots this slight deviation is enough to help me miss shots or my position and I need to straighten it out. Please, drop everything, stay home from work and dedicate your life to helping me out! It's my only hope.

9 Ball Girl
10-18-2005, 11:58 AM
I used to have that same problem too and this is what Tony Robles taught me to do and it helped tremendously:

1. Place a chalk on the second diamond of the long rail (This is so that you can see where the diamond would be when you get down into your stance).

2. Place the cueball on the spot.

3. Aim for the center of the cueball and shoot it into the rail where you placed your chalk.

4. Stay down, follow through, and if you hit the center of the cueball, it should come back and hit the center of your tip.

5. After mastering the short rail, do it on the long rail for that long shot.

It took me a while to get it right but it worked and hope it works for you!