PDA

View Full Version : Wilma report

Voodoo Daddy
10-25-2005, 03:44 AM
LIVE from Hurricane Central...no power for 3.2 MILLION people...damage to everything, roads are horride and tempers will begin to flare today. Had two sliding windows cave in during Wilma's fury and spent the day clearing trees from the road leading to our complex. Cant get in contact with my family in West Palm due to phones being down...its a mess. Reporting from Downtown Miami, where the generators work great...VOODOO out!!

eg8r
10-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Hey Voodoo,

I am glad you are safe and doing alright. Hopefully you will get everything cleared up and back to normal in a short amount of time. We did not have any damage up here in Orlando, but it was a free day from work. We had lots of wind and rain but nothing substantial. People were out driving on the streets like nothing was going on except a little thunderstorm.

eg8r

dg-in-centralpa
10-25-2005, 07:09 AM
Voodoo - glad to hear you're ok. Mary and I were concerned. Keep us updated.

DG

Rich R.
10-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Steve, the windows and trees can be replaced. I'm happy to hear that you are alright. I hope your family is well too.

The phones must be a mess, in South Florida. I've been trying to get in touch with someone else there, but the calls won't go through.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Glad to hear you're ok.. keep the faith...

Eric.
10-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Hang tough, my friend.

Hey, at least it wasn't Hurrican Andrew all over again...

Eric

silverbullet
10-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Glad you are ok VD. My son is in Ft Myers. Had just moved into his new house the day before. Lots of people on the street with roofs blown off, trees uprooted. For some reason the hurricaine missed his house. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Laura

Rich R.
10-26-2005, 06:33 AM
I was just in contact with ARJ, formerly known as Kato.
He wanted me to tell everyone that he is alive and kicking.
As most in South Florida, he had some problems with the storm, but his were minor.

His family, who also live in that area, are alright too, with only some relatively minor damage to their property.

BTW, if any one has tried calling him, he has no cell phone service. We assume there has been a lot of damage to the cell phone towers.

cueball1950
10-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Good report rich... thanks....glad to see kato is doing well as with his family also.............mike

cueball1950
10-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Big Steve, my friend,,,glad to hear that you are ok. Keep in touch. and stay safe my friend.................mike