PDA

View Full Version : Lost A Friend

Sid_Vicious
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
A little less than 17 years ago, I found an 8 month old Vizsla pup which became my companion, one hell of a dog, but more than that, my best friend. Even though I felt he was going to defy the odds forever, the last few days proved different, and a trip to the vet this afternoon showed his kidneys were failing, so now he is at peace,,,my decision, a tough yet right thing. Anyway, I know Rebel wasn't a human being, but to me he was better than many, and I will surely miss him not being here. No real reason for me to be writing y'all now except that a need to release a little in this quiet afternoon after getting back home. Ironically I had this month off work, a sabbatical leave, so at least my dog and I spent good quality time, never expected this though, even with his age.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this. I know that there are bigger things in life to deal with, and yet, today, it's my biggest. sid

DebraLiStarr
10-25-2005, 04:41 PM
I am so sorry. You did the right thing and he is at peace now and thinking about you just as much as you are thinking about him. This is very important! I have seen many threads in this and other forums that deal with this subject. My dog is part of my family. If anything ever happened to her I would be just as sad as if it were my mom or dad or one my siblings. I'm sending you a big hug - and I will keep you in my prayers.

Debra

Drop1
10-25-2005, 08:05 PM
It might seem strange to some people,but when Rebel died,I know it tore your guts out,and you cried. And it takes some time,because of what was built up over seventeen years for the grief to stop. There will be a period,when you miss the bark of Rebel,and the just being there only wanting you to be happy. I know it is hard,hard,but ride it out,not only for your self,but for the strenth Rebel would expect you to have.

Barbara
10-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Sid,

I know you're really hurting right now and feel free to take the time to greive and say what you want. Pets give their owners an unconditional daily love that non-pet owners sometimes do not comprehend.

I understand and I'm sorry for your loss. The grief does lessen with each passing day, but unfortunately, it's a slow process.

I know you'll remember Rebel well and I hope in the future you'll find another buddy.

Barbara

Barbara

stickman
10-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Sorry about your friend, Sid. Nothing wrong with morning the loss of your friend. There are times I spend more time with my pooch than humans. My Boston (Buster)is a pretty good friend.

PQQLK9
10-25-2005, 09:02 PM
So sorry about the lost of your friend Sid.
Our Lhaso Apso (Fresca) has been a part of our family for 11 years and I
dread the inevitable.

Fran Crimi
10-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how you're feeling. My parrot died 6 weeks ago. She was 18 and my best friend, too. The grief is idescribable. You feel like you just lost a whole chunk of your life. All gone...just like that. For me, the first week was about survival...just get through one day at a time. It slowly gets better but it's still hard. I've heard it takes months, even longer. You might want to check out the pet bereavement websites where people post about their pet losses. I found it comforting to know I wasn't alone in my grieving. People all over the place are going through it right now and they comfort each other on these message boards. It somehow eases the pain a little.

Fran

ryushen21
10-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Hey Sid,

I know how it feels man. I had to go through losing both of the dogs that i grew up with. Take the time and remember all the great experiences that you had with him.

dg-in-centralpa
10-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Our condolences my friend.

DG & Mrs. DG

Deeman3
10-26-2005, 05:07 AM
Sorry to hear this Sid.

Deeman

Mrs_DG
10-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Sid, thanks for the courage to share your loss with us. I know how hard it hurts. Nothing will ever take Rebel's place in your heart. Remember him...write things down, frame his pictures. Hopefully another young pup will come along that needs your love.

I had 2 siamese cats. 1 lived to be 20, the other 15. I had to put them both down in the same week, right before Christmas. Our daughter Jessica (still in elementary school) often said she could hear them purr, and I also felt their presence in places around the house. Rebel may still be near you at least for a while.

Sorry if this sounds silly - but I can't give you a hug through the internet.

Take care of yourself.

Mrs. DG

Gayle in MD
10-28-2005, 01:01 AM
I'm so sorry Martin. Our pets are part of us....

Love,
Gayle

CarolNYC
10-28-2005, 02:02 AM
Sorry Sid! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Carol