PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this woman?

wolfdancer
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
My Mom passed away last year, and we, my four sisters, brother, and I........just found out we have a 63 yr old sister, that we never knew about. Seems Mom, besides riveting nose cones on aircraft (Bell), and wiring submarine control panels(Westinghouse), did a little more for the war effort, morale, then we knew about.
So we are all excited, about this mystery lady....she may be rich, successful, famous...maybe not, since she shares our genes.
In either case, we want to find her, and not sure how to proceed???
We now know her birthdate, her adopted parents names, the grammer school that she graduated from. I think maybe school records aren't sealed like adoptions are?
Any ideas...besides hiring Dog, the bounty hunter...and his beautiful wife?
she'll be thrilled to meet us, I'm sure, especially when she finds out, I'm the sanest one of the siblings

cueball1950
10-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Just folow her school records. SOmething like this happened to a friend of mine awhile back. A woman at the bank where he did his business all the time kept getting compliments/remarks that that looked alike from her co workers and other customers. When his dad passed she showed up at th funeral and when asked if she knew and how she knew his father the woman politely told him that the man in the casket was her biological father. Neither sibling knew about the other and they only lived a couple of miles apart..Small world we live in...............mike

wolfdancer
10-26-2005, 10:40 PM
thanks, Mike...

dg-in-centralpa
10-27-2005, 04:32 AM
I would start with her adoptive parents, if they are still alive, or relatives of theirs. Be careful, she may not be as enthused to a new family as you are. Mrs. DG has a distant famous relative, who all on this board would know. Her family tried to get in touch with this person just to try and get some family history, as very little is known, and he totally ignored the letters.

DG - not trying to be a pessimist

wolfdancer
10-27-2005, 12:21 PM
DG, we thought of that....we'd just call first, and test the waters.
Did you happen to see the story about Mike Hastings, who
"should" be King of England?
The documentary's historian Michael Jones found documents in Rouen Cathedral he believes show that Edward IV, who ruled from 1461 to 1483, was illegitimate because when he was conceived his parents were 124 miles apart.

Edward's "father" Richard of York was fighting the French at Pontoise, while his mother Cecily was five days' march away at Rouen, allegedly enjoying the attentions of an archer, according to Jones' research.

If true, the claim means the crown should have passed on to Rich"ard's second son George, Hasting's direct ancestor."

Seem's like the Royal's also had an affair, or two

Fran Crimi
10-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Jack, there are these find-a-person websites where for a small fee, they get you on-line access to public documents, like marriage, birth and death (hopefully not) information, as well as registered addresses.

Or you could always call Oprah or Maury. Hey, there's a story there, your mom being one of the original Rosie the riviters. Let them do the work for you. All you'd have to do is bring a bouquet of flowers and hug your newly found sister on TV.

Fran

wolfdancer
10-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Fran, I tried that once, tried to find the whereabouts of my friends estranged son....spent about $50, to no avail.
Unfortunately, there is no "Mr. Keene, Tracer of Lost Persons"
(an old radio show) to turn to. My cousin Carol though has had some experience, and luck, in the past, so we're turning the
search, over to her. Right now, we don't have a last name, but believe she is in Philly.
I've always considered myself the rightful heir to the still undiscovered family fortune...hope she doesn't go to the front of the line.
It's all kind of neat though....my sisters are really excited by all this...while I take the view that she must have known for a long time, that she was adopted, yet never looked us up....or maybe did...and passed.
Here's a link to a free Mr. Keen show Mr. Keen (http://www.otrcat.com/mrkeen.htm)