PDA

View Full Version : I've got the "can't get a car pool" blues

Mrs_DG
10-26-2005, 06:52 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gifTrying to get a car pool going at my job for the past 3 years with no success. Lots of people drive the same route. Some on different shifts, but many on the same. The one's I've approached directly have other things going on - picking up children, going to athletic events or another job. But it seems out of a company of 300, someone would be willing to car pool with me.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I shower every day, I don't smoke, I don't look like an ogre most of the time and my personality is fairly in-offensive. I even put out special signs looking for a car pool on the day the recent gas panic hit. Am I doing something wrong? Trying not to take it personally.
I have heard on Public Radio that some companies have offered incentives for employees that car pool or take public transportation.

Anyone out there with feedback?

Mrs DG
Using a bank card to pay for gas since my green doesn't go that far...

cueball1950
10-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Ok...1st it is not your or whether you shower. i gotta tell you the truth.......the problem lies within your beauty and personality, the women don't want to car pool cuz they are jealous of those 2 items and the men don't want their wives/girlfriends from getting jealous. now that should explain it.
now on the other side, today people are just so busy that car pooling is not econimical enough any more. like they said, kids from school, gotta go to my 2nd job all these are a fact of everyday life in this day and age. when we were all in virginia for the open they also opened the diamond lanes to everybody since no one was car pooling there either (according to a trooper i talked to). Just my humble explanation.............................mike

wolfdancer
10-26-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't have any ideas, but with the cost of gasoline, i'd just like to wish you some luck.
Does your company have a bulletin board, put out an employees newsletter, or have a human resources dept that may post something? Friend of mine gets a free monthly pass for the light rail here....has your company looked into any of these incentive programs?

Rich R.
10-27-2005, 03:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Ok...1st it is not your or whether you shower. i gotta tell you the truth.......the problem lies within your beauty and personality, the women don't want to car pool cuz they are jealous of those 2 items and the men don't want their wives/girlfriends from getting jealous. now that should explain it. <hr /></blockquote>
Mike, you have it all wrong.
Everyone in Mrs. DG's company has heard how big and mean her husband is. They don't want to get on his bad side.

dg-in-centralpa
10-27-2005, 04:25 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifrotflmao

DG - waiting to play you again in VF