PDA

View Full Version : It's Official!! Petty Point Pool Hall is 1st!!

Barbara
10-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Just got my November BD mag and there it is!!

Petty Point Pool Hall is 1st with BD for Best Home Design!!

Congrats LeRoy and Spetty!!

Barbara

Keith Talent
10-27-2005, 09:05 PM
I just checked it out, too. Totally impressive! The bar is set mighty high for the rest of us, lol.

My own work in progress, which is under half a foot of snow today, and still lacks bar stools, juke box, hot dog machine, not to mention a bar, windows, insulated walls and a ceiling, has a long way to go before it could hope to pack em in like the Petty Point. Great going, Susan and Leroy!

CarolNYC
10-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Hey Barb,

I spoke with Mason,very briefly, about Spetty Point-woo-hoo-
Congratulations Spetty!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
10-28-2005, 02:48 AM
Was there any doubt? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
10-28-2005, 05:01 AM
After the 3 page write-up earlier, it comes as no surprise, but it is certainly a well deserved honor!
Congratulations!
Steve

Vagabond
10-28-2005, 05:36 AM
Congratulations,petty point owners. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PQQLK9
10-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Good News!!! congratulations to SPetty.

9 Ball Girl
10-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Way to go, SPetty and Leroy and Molly! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wendy<---lookin' foward to my next visit!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
10-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks, everybody. I never would have done it without you folks who have visited who were nice enough to say nice things about my room and who encouraged me to enter the contest.

I haven't seen the article yet, but it sounds like they did O.K., eh?

When I get my copy, I'll scan in the article so y'all can see it. I've already scanned in the story from the October issue - it's here:

http://www.pettypoint.com/poolhall/

Just click on the magazine cover. I included the magazine cover for October because PettyPoint is on the cover - under Case Study:

PettyPoint - all one word, special capitalization! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric.
10-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Congrats SPetty!

Not bad for a room done on the "cheap". /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric >should built two

Barbara
Yeah, they did a really good article on your room. You were clearly the hands-down favorite with them. Congrats!

Now we all have an excuse to invite ourselves over to your place! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara

Fran Crimi
I read the article the other day. They said you were the hands-down winner. It was very complimentary. Congratulations again.

Fran

Brian in VA
10-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Tap! Tap! Tap! (And many more!)

Well done SPetty!

Brian in VA

wolfdancer
10-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Ordinarily I'd be among the first to offer congratulations....BUT, I am so GD jealous, I can't think straight....maybe if'n I had gotten them walls painted before the deadline....lol
It's a great looking room that you all have there, down at Petty Point Junction, and I hope if I'm ever in the neighborhood, I'd be welcome to stop in. i wouldn't overstay my welcome....two/three weeks tops...at a time.
And contrary to published reports, I do pick up after myself, occasionally. If it's not near the end of the month, when my welfare check runs out; I could supply my own booze, however if someone else is buying, I drink "top shelf"
Great room...I can only imagine how much hard work you both put into it....and "envy" how much enjoyment you must get from it....Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPetty
10-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks, wolfdancer. I still think you should post some picture of your room for the others to see. It was very, um, special! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
10-28-2005, 01:14 PM
"It was very, um, special"
How kind of you to think that. I do admit however, that my
room has a certain, je ne sais quoi, that may be lacking in yours. I could dispense with my usual exorbitant fee, and come down there and add the personal touches, to your masterpiece.
Don't know anything about interior design, but I did watch "Surprise by Design" once....and imagine your surprise, after I get done dekeratin' /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Many Congratulations!

DG and Mrs DG

SPetty
10-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks again, everyone, for the nice wishes. I received my comp copies today, and I've scanned in the article for you to see:

http://www.pettypoint.com/poolhall

Clicking on the left page takes you to the October issue article <font color="brown">(The ULTIMATE Do-It-Yourself Gameroom)</font color>. Clicking on the right page takes you to the November issue article <font color="brown">(Best Home Room Design)</font color> . (Keep clicking if you need bigger pics! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

I laughed and laughed and laughed at the first three lines of the article: <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mason King of Billiards Digest:</font><hr>LeRoy Petty doesn't love pool. He doesn't even like it. He can hardly stand to watch it.<hr /></blockquote>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll appreciate a little sympathy from you folks for that! LeRoy's the one that says "The only thing more boring than watching people play pool is watching people fish!" I've got to travel to "pool things" (like the upcoming IPT tourney in Orlando) by myself because of that!

Anyway, thanks again y'all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PoolFool
10-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Congratulations SPetty. And, thank you for letting me visit. You , Leroy and Molly are the greatest. Of course the pool hall ain't bad either.

PoolFool

Chopstick
10-30-2005, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> LeRoy's the one that says "The only thing more boring than watching people play pool is watching people fish!" I've got to travel to "pool things" (like the upcoming IPT tourney in Orlando) by myself because of that!

Anyway, thanks again y'all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Don't you worry, you won't be alone when you get here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm dusting off the Red Carpet now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I just talked to Grady, he'll be there.

Remeber, I told you that you were the best and that it was a remarkable accomplishment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SPetty
10-30-2005, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I just talked to Grady, he'll be there.<hr /></blockquote>Thanks, Chopstick.

Grady will not only be there, he's playing! The list of players is what's drawing me to this event. Have you seen it? Amazing...

http://www.internationalpooltour.com/ipt_content/ipt_players/2005_kind_of_hill.asp

They'll be posting the first round matchups sometime tomorrow. Sure glad I bought a new camera that doesn't have a red light shooting out the front every time I want to take a picture! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif