PDA

View Full Version : The Black Widow

poolq
10-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Had the pleasure of meeting Jeanette Lee a few weeks ago at an APA get together. She is one of the most gracious individuals I've ever met. She was recovering from her back surgery she had 6 weeks prior and yet stayed until every last person had an opportunity to meet her and get an autorgraph or picture taken with her. I stood in line twice, once to get an autographed poster and then again to get my picture take with her(I didn't have my camera with me the first time). Many people had her sign there cue cases. She stayed until there was nobody left in the line and got up continuously to have her picture taken with people. The top she was wearing showed her upper back and the surgery scars were visible. I believe she said it was her sixth back surgery. Due to the recovery she was unable to do any exhibitions that evening.

SPetty
10-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks, poolq. Were you able to find out when she'll be returning to play?

Nostroke
10-28-2005, 08:24 PM
No one rivals Jeanette when it comes to working the crowd and justifiably she takes in more cash than anyone for just that reason-At lest here in the US- Jennifer Chen is supposed to take in some unreal numbers in Asia.

HALHOULE
10-28-2005, 09:07 PM
AT WHAT AGE ARE PEPLE STANDING IN LINE FOR A PHOTO OR AUTOGRAPH? WHAT IS THE FASCINATION FOR DOING SO?

rackem
10-28-2005, 10:23 PM
WHAT IS YOUR FASCINATION WITH HAVING SOMETHING DEROGATORY TO SAY ABOUT JUST ABOUT EVERY POST. THEY APRECIATE WHAT SHE GIVES BACK TO THE GAME.
GET A LIFE /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sneakypapi
10-30-2005, 12:46 AM
When I go to billiard tournaments or events I do not go out of my way to stand in line to get an autograph. I will say this,if I am walking around or at a sponser booth and a pro comes in I would say hello and a quick handshake. You have to remember that some people love to meet their idols, it brings them closer to that person plus it gives them an idea of the players personality as an individual (nice or an ass).

Billy
10-30-2005, 01:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HALHOULE:</font><hr> ...STANDING IN LINE FOR A PHOTO OR AUTOGRAPH? WHAT IS THE FASCINATION FOR DOING SO? <hr /></blockquote>

maybe because she has an aiming system that works?

HALHOULE
10-30-2005, 02:53 AM
APPARENTLY YOU HAVE NO LIFE, WHY ARE YOU READING MY POSTING? GET A LIFE! BETTER YET, GET A POOL GAME, SO YOU CAN PLAY WITH THE NEWBIES.

WHAT IS YOUR FACINATION WITH EDITING OTHER PEOPLES POSTING?????

Chopstick
10-30-2005, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HALHOULE:</font><hr> AT WHAT AGE ARE PEPLE STANDING IN LINE FOR A PHOTO OR AUTOGRAPH? WHAT IS THE FASCINATION FOR DOING SO? <hr /></blockquote>

I DID IT ONCE. I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE PICTURE. I JUST WANTED TO CHECK OUT HER RACK, WHICH FOR THE RECORD, IS NOT BAD! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ChopStick~~~&gt;DOM /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rackem
10-30-2005, 11:26 AM
UNFORTUNATELY I READ THEM BECAUSE YOU WRITE THEM!! BELIEVE ME I LIKE OTHERS REALLY WISH WE DID NOT HAVE TO.
AS FAR AS GAME GOES, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT.
GAME IS GAME, LIP IS LIP AN OLDTIMER LIKE YOU SHOULD KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

poolq
11-03-2005, 09:55 AM
I was standing around waiting to play in a mini tournament and didn't have anything else to do, so why not. I got the picture and an autographed poster to hang in my basement by the table. Why worry about what other people do. It's not like we were doing anything illegal.

Deeman3
11-07-2005, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolq:</font><hr> I was standing around waiting to play in a mini tournament and didn't have anything else to do, so why not. I got the picture and an autographed poster to hang in my basement by the table. Why worry about what other people do. It's not like we were doing anything illegal. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Poolq:

You don't owe any explaination to this clown. I liked Chopstick's response (his are usually the best). Just say, "I am a stalker. I love to stalk beautiful women who's nicknames imply they will kill and devour me."

However, you might try my method. I get in line and offer them my autograph! Hey, a few have thanked me for it (while looking around for security people).

I have a friend who got her autograph on his shaft (don't make jokes here) and he treasures it. Most of the pros are graitous and appreciate that fans are interested in their autograph.

Just a thought, did you ask Hal for his? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

Deeman

supergreenman
11-07-2005, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolq:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> Poolq:
I have a friend who got her autograph on his shaft (don't make jokes here) and he treasures it. </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Isn't that something you can get arrested for? And as if people aren't going to make jokes about that /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
:P:P

Rich R.
11-07-2005, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolq:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> Poolq:
I have a friend who got her autograph on his shaft (don't make jokes here) and he treasures it. </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supergreenman:</font><hr> Isn't that something you can get arrested for? And as if people aren't going to make jokes about that /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
:P:P <hr /></blockquote>
There are no legal problems, as long as it is between consenting adults. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

supergreenman
11-07-2005, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolq:</font><hr> <font color="blue">
:P:P <hr /></blockquote>
There are no legal problems, as long as it is between consenting adults. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Oh, I was under the impression it was in a public place :P