PDA

View Full Version : Blocked

Jimmy B
10-28-2005, 07:03 PM
I've tried to post a few times and have learned I have been banned?? Not sure why, but it was nice knowing you all :-(

JB

cueball1950
10-28-2005, 07:16 PM
But iif you are here then how can you be blocked. You made this post...................................mike

Tom_In_Cincy
10-28-2005, 07:16 PM
How did you post if you were banned?

Rich R.
10-28-2005, 07:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> I've tried to post a few times and have learned I have been banned?? Not sure why, but it was nice knowing you all :-(

JB <hr /></blockquote>Since you posted this, I assume you are no longer banned. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FYI, someone else recently had the problem of being banned for no good reason. There seems to be some kind of glitch with the forum. If it happens again, contact the administrator. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
10-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I am guessing that an AOL customer was banned, and the IP address was shared with other AOL people on here. We had a thread where the common IP address was discussed long ago, so it makes sense that the glitch is probably just that simple. If not, and banning is really getting frequent, then someone in charge has gotten unreasonable..sid

SPetty
10-29-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm banned too!

Jimmy B
10-31-2005, 01:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'm banned too! <hr /></blockquote>

LOL well, I didn't get the you can't post message until after I hit the send button, so I made the post just to see if I still was and when I wasn't I decided not to push my luck with a second "guess I was wrong " post LOL.

JB

DickLeonard
11-01-2005, 05:45 AM
Rich, when your banned you can't post to the Webmaster either. I am banned every other day. I try using short posts now. It is very frustrating to type a long post and then find your banned and your thoughts are lost forever in your mind. Sometimes they can be retrieved and then there times when they can't.####

Cornerman
11-01-2005, 10:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> I've tried to post a few times and have learned I have been banned?? Not sure why, but it was nice knowing you all :-(

JB <hr /></blockquote>

If you can't post,why did you post to say you can't post?

You have got to be the biggest boob on this board.

Regards,

Fred &lt;~~~ second biggest boob

Steve - Detroit
11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
If you are now a bigger boob than Fred you have replaced him as my hero. Lord help me, I love big boobs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fran Crimi
11-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Dick,

I've got it down to a system now. If I get the banned message after I've written a post, I click the back arrow and go back to my post. Then I go to the beginning of my post, left click and hold the mouse button while I highlight my post. Then I set my mouse anywhere on the highlight and right click it, and click "copy" on the menu that pops up. Then I exit my browser and sign back on, hopefully to a different IP address, go back to the post I'm responding to, click on reply and then in the reply box, I right click my mouse and click on "paste" in the pop up menu. My post is still there even though I exited my browser and it copies right into the box.

I hope they fix this thing soon...LOL

Fran

Fran Crimi
11-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Do any AOL users out there know how to identify the IP address you're in at any given time? We used to be able to right click on the welcome screen and view the address, but that doesn't work anymore. I think we need to let the webmaster know what address we're in when we're being banned.

Fran

DickLeonard
11-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Fran thanks for that info. I think there is a lot to learn to use the computer to its maximun capacity. I probably should go to College. Our community college is free to retired people as long as there is room in the class.####

SPetty
11-02-2005, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> how to identify the IP address you're in<hr /></blockquote>Try this:

http://www.whatismyip.com/