PDA

View Full Version : Pool Ball Mini Buffer

JimS
06-24-2002, 06:20 PM
You've seen them advertised in the magazines. $59.95 gets a 3 ball cleaner/buffer. Well, I resisted for a while but in a weak moment I called the number and bought one.

That weak moment turned out to be a stroke of genius. IT WORKS GREAT!! No effort at all gets all 15 of them puppies all polished up like brand new...and just as advertised....in 5 seconds per 3 ball load.

Pretty neat tool. Simple, clean, easy, not so cheap, but very functional. I like it!

Rip
06-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Jim, is this the gizmo that looks like a plastic bucket that you stick an electric drill through? What kind of cleaner or polish did you use with this set-up? If it does the job---I'm in! Rip~~likes clean Aramiths

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> You've seen them advertised in the magazines. $59.95 gets a 3 ball cleaner/buffer. Well, I resisted for a while but in a weak moment I called the number and bought one.

That weak moment turned out to be a stroke of genius. IT WORKS GREAT!! No effort at all gets all 15 of them puppies all polished up like brand new...and just as advertised....in 5 seconds per 3 ball load.

Pretty neat tool. Simple, clean, easy, not so cheap, but very functional. I like it!
<hr></blockquote>

Barbara
06-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Yeah Rip, that's the one. It's made at a place not too far from me and I'd sure like to know the names of the guys behind this. Fred Agnir got one at the Expo. Personally, I don't think my husband would be real thrilled about borrowing his cordless drill for this use.

Oh well.

Barbara~~~brain dead from studying...

Rip
06-24-2002, 07:54 PM
Thanks Barbara. I would definitely think twice about pi$$ing of your husband by messing around with his power tools. I'd have to climb up on Chris Cass' shoulders just to see eye to eye while I was begging for his forgiveness! LOL! Let the big guy know I caught 3 jillion fat stripers today at Lake Mead. Did I mention that Jeanette Lee looked extremely lovely tonight? LOL, Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Yeah Rip, that's the one. It's made at a place not too far from me and I'd sure like to know the names of the guys behind this. Fred Agnir got one at the Expo. Personally, I don't think my husband would be real thrilled about borrowing his cordless drill for this use.

Oh well.

Barbara~~~brain dead from studying... <hr></blockquote>

Barbara
06-24-2002, 08:07 PM
You know Rip, I probably bought him that cordless drill, too!

Why I remember one Christmas he got the Powermatic Model 64 10" Artisan's Table Saw and I labeled the gift tag on the owner manual, "How to get wood while cutting wood". He laughed!!!

Barbara~~~buys all the really cool stuff for him for Santa...

JimS
06-24-2002, 08:39 PM
Barbara is correct Rip....that's the one. I used the cleaner that comes with it. You just use a tablespoon full per rack.....I used a cap-full since I couldn't find a tablespoon measure.

I used a cordless drill and it certainly won't hurt the drill. Five seconds per 3 ball set and they're polished great.

Rip
06-24-2002, 10:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> Barbara is correct Rip....that's the one. I used the cleaner that comes with it. You just use a tablespoon full per rack.....I used a cap-full since I couldn't find a tablespoon measure.

I used a cordless drill and it certainly won't hurt the drill. Five seconds per 3 ball set and they're polished great. <hr></blockquote>

I appreciate that JimS...did you notice that Jeanette Lee looked particularly lovely tonight? Rip~~shouldn't have eaten those oysters tonight!

JimS
06-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Glad to help Rip.

Re Ms. Lee.....I know that nobody is going to believe this but she just doesn't "do it" for me. Truth! Not my type. She's beautiful I know, but she just doesn't trip my trigger.

Rip
06-24-2002, 10:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> Glad to help Rip.

Re Ms. Lee.....I know that nobody is going to believe this but she just doesn't "do it" for me. Truth! Not my type. She's beautiful I know, but she just doesn't trip my trigger.

<hr></blockquote>

Uh---yeah---ahemmmm---I agree about J. Lee---not my type--okay, my wife just left the room--J. Lee looked great tonight! LOL, Rip

06-25-2002, 12:01 AM
Guys, save yourselves a few bucks and buy a car polisher. Does the same job, but you can use it to buff up that paint job when you're done with the important stuff! BTW, if you run out of Karseal, Turtle wax works well on those Aramiths too!

MikeM
06-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Jim,

I used to feel the same way about JL until I saw her in person at Valley Forge this year. WOW, she's 10 times better looking in person!

MM

JimS
06-25-2002, 06:56 PM
I tried the car polisher thing but couldn't find a way to get the balls to spin. I tried putting them in a cooking pan lined with a doubled over towel but couldn't get much action.

06-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Try a hard plastic bucket. The towel just provides resistance. The slicker the surface, the more action you get. BTW, this is pure conjecture, I've never actually tried it myself. I was kinda hoping someone else would and if you wouldn't mind, could you report the results to the rest of us? LOL

cheesemouse
06-25-2002, 08:40 PM
This maybe is too cheap and simple but I use a rubber backed door mat rug with a high quality car buffer mit. I roll out the rug( 2ft x2ft ) on the table, put the balls in the rack, give them a light spray with polish, let them set for a minute and then while holding the rack with one hand I polish the balls with the mit hand. The balls spin and polish like crazy in a matter of a minute or so. I never use the rug or mit for anything else.