PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Walmart Pool Table

10-31-2005, 06:54 AM
Hey guys, I really want to get a pool table, but my budget is (VERY)limited. I think that I'm going to get a really cheap one from Walmart. I know alot of people are gonna say "oh, don't get one of those cheapy Walmart ones, get the Olhausen one, it's beautiful, and around $2,500", but I can't.

I was looking at something like this (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4241665)

So, I'm just looking for some reasurance, do you think that this table (or one simaler) would be good for playing on?

Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-01-2005, 04:52 PM
A little help /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SPetty
11-02-2005, 08:34 AM
"oh, don't get one of those cheapy Walmart ones"

I don't think you'll like it. Look at local ads in the newspaper and check out eBay for a cheapy SLATE bed table. You should be able to get a used one for about the same price when you find the right seller. It doesn't matter what kind or brand, but you'll be much more happy with it than that cheapy Walmart one.

If you post your question to the main Cue Chalk Board forum, you'll get better results.

11-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Okay, thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

caedos
11-16-2005, 11:24 AM
It's better than nothing, but not much if you have a pool room nearby. For me, I'd take the $250 and buy 50 lunches (soup, tea, tip included) in several of the north Dallas rooms; they comp the table time which can easily add up to many hours of play.

If you have houseguests and it's the only way you're getting a table, maybe. I'd rather buy a poker set.

Good luck!

Carl

crookedcue
12-01-2005, 06:07 PM
my sister gave me that one,except the felt is green.the price was right,,,it was free,and only good for practice.if i had to pay for it,id have to say look for something better.

Billy_Bob
12-02-2005, 12:00 AM
My friend has one and he and his kids have a lot of fun on it. (He of course comes to my house or plays elsewhere for serious pool.)

Playing his 4 year old is quite fun. I never get a chance to shoot! That is because this kid "cheats" and will not let anyone else shoot until he has knocked all the balls in.

And when I do get a chance to shoot, the kids will lean on the table and this makes all the balls roll all over the place.

It can be fun if that is all you have room or money for...

zzYphh
01-16-2006, 03:24 AM
I know a place, full sized qaulity tables wholesale price if your intrested reply they run like 750 dollars which is cheap

QuickNick
12-29-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't want to hand out false reassurance! I honestly don't think that anyone who really wants to shoot a game of pool would be happy with a cheapie table from Walmart, Sears, Target, Sports Authority, or others, ad nauseum.

Spend the money at a pool hall. You'll enjoy it much more! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mantis
01-01-2007, 12:33 AM
I currently have an 8' Brunswick table, however, when I lived in an apartment and could not afford, or fit a table like that, I bought one of those walmart brand tables for about $180. It certainly was not slate, the nails that held the "slatron", (or whatever it was) down poked up in spots, and it was difficult to keep really level. However, I love playing pool, and it was better than nothing. For an accomplished player it is not a good idea, but for someone who loves to play and has no other option, I would say go for it. You can still work on your stroke, spin, and angles on a table like this, and it will still be fun to play on. If you can get a used slate table for the same price, by all means do it. If not, this table is better than nothing. I know I certainly did not have time to run to the pool hall all the time, and wanted to be able to play at my home anytime. Not to mention that I hate the smoke. All in all, it is better that nothing, but not better than a used slate table for the same price.