PDA

View Full Version : RandyG, Whatcha Know?

Sid_Vicious
11-04-2005, 06:47 AM
Randy...What's the skuttlebutt in your opinion concerning the VondaVillage supposedly opening here in McKinney within the next week or so? You are "in the know" with most everything billiard related here in the Dallas area, so I wondered if you have a positive or negative idea whether this thing is really going to happen,,,seems fishy at best imo. I personally can not see activity at the site to support what I've heard James to have stated as ongoing progress, and the on-site skate personnel supposedly aren't positive in the least when asked.

Thanks in advance..sid

randyg
11-04-2005, 02:57 PM
SID: Going to happen soon. About 40 tables, 16 Valley Cougars from TD ROWE.

Down side is no Liqueur license, maybe beer & wine at best.

Open 24 hours.

IMO=Kids.

Still might be a nice place, who knows....oh ya, the Whistler knows.

randyg

randyg
11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
The SHADOW knows also...randyg

Cane
11-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Well, is it going to happen before next Tuesday???? I want to see this place. Not that Clicks on Marsh Lane is getting old or anything, but I love new pool rooms!

See ya Tuesday, Randy... Monday, Oz!

Later,
Bob

Sid_Vicious
11-04-2005, 04:00 PM
I understand all of the highlights of the future business. All I am saying is that the current business at that site said yesterday when asked by a friend of mine that it'll take a minumum of 6 weeks to remove the skateboarding gear out of there, plus that there is nothing near a business deal having been settled upon. That sounds queer to me that this place is being announced with opening dates of the 5th, now pushed out to the 11th. People can state that the twin towers will be built in a week all they want, but the time logistics rules it out as well. I am not getting a good feeling that we are hearing the real facts, or possibly even anything close to the actual truth is all...sid~~~ain't holding my breath nor making any monetary investments toward this today

DebraLiStarr
11-04-2005, 11:42 PM
I moved out of McKinney almost 5 years ago. Doesn't sound like much has changed, huh Sid? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
11-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Collin County, need I say more...sid

SpiderMan
11-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Is this the place?

Vonda Village (http://vondavillage.com/)

Web site implies they're up and running, quite a contrast with your noted lack of activity at the physical location.

I see James Vonda a couple times a week on the local tournament circuit. He's very optimistic about this venture, and I hope he does manage to pull it off. We need some more options "up north".

SpiderMan

DebraLiStarr
11-07-2005, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Is this the place?

Vonda Village (http://vondavillage.com/)

Web site implies they're up and running, quite a contrast with your noted lack of activity at the physical location.

I see James Vonda a couple times a week on the local tournament circuit. He's very optimistic about this venture, and I hope he does manage to pull it off. We need some more options "up north".

SpiderMan

<hr /></blockquote>

Spidey....
Is this the same shopping center that has Big Lots? Just wondering. If it is then its a great location, and would be visible from the highway. They need something up there. When I lived there I would drive down to Plano or Dallas. That got old, but I had moved to McKinney from Dallas - and I was spoiled by the choices I had down there.

Debra

(I have NO reason to step foot back in Collin County ever again, and for that I am very grateful)

Sid_Vicious
11-07-2005, 03:37 PM
No, it is south of Lousiana/Central intersection where Big Lots is located, on the northbound service road between the Movies10 theater and the Amerihost Motel. The one ergonomic negative is that the building is 90 degrees in orientation from 75, so hopefully there will be a flashy sign like the Clicks has on Kinglsey...sid

Sid_Vicious
11-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Don't fill the gas tank for a trip to VondaVillage...as I expected Randy...it ain't happenin', like all of the past hoopla stated. Info from the horse's mouth...sid~~~excited for nuthin'

DebraLiStarr
11-19-2005, 07:12 PM
... and life continues in the vast land of nothingness known as McKinney, Texas. Glad I'm gone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PoolFool
11-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Sid: I still have 5 vending machines at that location that are kid oriented (under 16 yr olds mostly) I have not been told to move them ....yet.

PoolFool

SpiderMan
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Vonda Village web site has also been taken offline.

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
11-28-2005, 12:44 PM
That is dissapointing but personally expected. I don't understand why these investors did not buy into one of the other closed down buildings up here, the Galbraith hardware store out on 121 for instance, looks big enough and ready for a look-see and bargaining for. The old Wal-mart is another but may be unlisted for sale. Lastly, why did Vonda not simple lease that skateboard joint.The sign out front states both options, kinda makes me wonder what was really in the wind with this thing all along. Collin county really has held back PHs as such...I'd been surprised if anyone could have wrangled the local government into this one. Oh well, I can drive to Dallas. All my friends are there anyway...sid