PDA

View Full Version : questions on new rubber, shims, for brunswick vip

dmgwalsh
11-07-2005, 07:45 AM
I'm getting new simonis 760 on my 1965 brunswick vip and want to take this opportunity to shim the pockets and replace the rubber.

Someone mentioned artemis K66. Is that the best? Would that work on my table. I know we recently replaced the rails at my billiard club with artemis K66 and the ball seems to slide after it hits the rail for about 6 inches. DNK if that's the new cloth or something with the height of the rails.

Also, someone mentioned extending the rails a little and then shimming a bit too. My pockets are over 5" and I want to get them to about 4.75" .

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

DickLeonard
11-09-2005, 12:24 PM
DmgWalsh, if your going to change the rubber now is the time to tighten the pockets. A good mechanic can extend the rail a 1/2 inch on both sides by glueing wood shims behind the rubber and stapling it to keep it secure. The rubber will perform perfect, no bad bounces that is caused by adding facings instead of extending the rubber to your pocket dimensions.####

ceebee
11-09-2005, 02:38 PM
DMG... I enjoy the Championship Dual Density "Tour Edition" cushions on my table. The reason I stayed away from the Artemis is because they respond different from American Cushions, so what I learn, may not help me at the Pool Room.

Good Luck

dmgwalsh
11-10-2005, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> DmgWalsh, if your going to change the rubber now is the time to tighten the pockets. A good mechanic can extend the rail a 1/2 inch on both sides by glueing wood shims behind the rubber and stapling it to keep it secure. The rubber will perform perfect, no bad bounces that is caused by adding facings instead of extending the rubber to your pocket dimensions.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Dick: I emailed your post to my mechanic and he said that is exactly what he intended to do.
Thanks for the input. Dennis

dmgwalsh
11-10-2005, 08:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> DMG... I enjoy the Championship Dual Density "Tour Edition" cushions on my table. The reason I stayed away from the Artemis is because they respond different from American Cushions, so what I learn, may not help me at the Pool Room.

Good Luck <hr /></blockquote>

Since my pool club has K66 and that's where I play one of my 14.1 leagues, I think I'll stay with the K66, but thanks for the input. Dennis