PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage

SPetty
11-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Texas is voting on a "gay marriage ban" constitutional amendment today.

It's been said that most people who are against gay marriage are against the "marriage" part because "marriage" implies some religious meaning. (But what about the folks who are married via a judge rather than a clergyman? Isn't that still a marriage?) HOWEVER, the wording on the Texas ballot, if passed, would outlaw gay civil unions, not just gay marriage:

"The constitutional amendment providing that marriage in this state consists only of the union of one man and one woman and prohibiting this state or a political subdivision of this state from creating or recognizing any legal status identical or similar to marriage."

My sister and her boyfriend have written up what looks like hundreds of pages of legal crap that allows this one to act for that one, etc. - paperwork that isn't needed if you're married so I don't know why they don't just get married - so does all of that become unrecognized by the state if this passes?

If it fails by one vote, you can blame me. I went north to vote this morning at the volunteer fire department which was the last place I voted, and they weren't voting there, so I went west to the main voting place, and after waiting in line, they said I had to go to a different place 10 miles to the east. I really had to get to work, so I couldn't take the extra who knows how long to drive back to find a place I've never been with iffy directions at best after already taking the extra 25 minutes or so going to the wrong place and waiting in line at the other wrong place... What is this, Florida?

Chopstick
11-08-2005, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
who knows how long to drive back to find a place I've never been with iffy directions at best after already taking the extra 25 minutes or so going to the wrong place and waiting in line at the other wrong place... What is this, Florida?
<hr /></blockquote>

Real men don't ask for directions. We either know where we're going, find ourselves or we don't go (or buy a GPS). The reason Flarda's wacky is cause it's fulla Uhaul Yankees! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman3
11-08-2005, 02:52 PM
They waited until I left Texas to have this vote....

Deeman
will only vote for gay marriage of it allows farmers to marry sheep...

DickLeonard
11-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Chopstick this Northern Yankee wishes when the UHaulers go South they sign up for Florida's Medicade,Medicare and get off ours. If they couldn't use ours you would see them leaving in Droves. Wagon Train North.####

Deeman3
11-09-2005, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Chopstick this Northern Yankee wishes when the UHaulers go South they sign up for Florida's Medicade,Medicare and get off ours. If they couldn't use ours you would see them leaving in Droves. Wagon Train North.#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Dick,

If you want 'em back, just get some legislation going to get them off your medicare and we'll help ship them back.

We'd hate to lose them but, what the heck, we all have to make sacrifices. </font color>

Deeman

supergreenman
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Being from Canada I'm kinda curious. What are U-Haulers? Some sort of weird cult that live in trucks?

Deeman3
11-09-2005, 03:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supergreenman:</font><hr> Being from Canada I'm kinda curious. What are U-Haulers? Some sort of weird cult that live in trucks? <hr /></blockquote>

U-haulers are tyically people who load their possessions in a U-Haul brand rental truck and invade another area. Some might consider them latter day carpertbaggers (a name given to northerners who came to the south during reconstruction to take advantage of everyone).

There is an old saying in the South (that I am much too politically correct to ascribe to) that says, "The only thing a Southerner fears is a __________with a knife, a ________with a gun and a Yankee with a U-Haul."

Deeman
only fears a woman with a gun or a Hillary in the White House......

wolfdancer
11-09-2005, 03:43 PM
They're a migratory group, like the old gypsies. They follow the sun, and end up in warm states like Alabama, for the winter. everything they own, including the K-Mart Steve Mizerak cue, can be packed into a Uhaul, trailor

supergreenman
11-09-2005, 03:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> They're a migratory group, like the old gypsies. They follow the sun, and end up in warm states like Alabama, for the winter. everything they own, including the K-Mart Steve Mizerak cue, can be packed into a Uhaul, trailor <hr /></blockquote>

Hmm sounds a lot like Canada Geese, Do they leave [censored] all around too?

Up here we just shoot them in the fall.

Deeman3
11-09-2005, 04:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supergreenman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> They're a migratory group, like the old gypsies. They follow the sun, and end up in warm states like Alabama, for the winter. everything they own, including the K-Mart Steve Mizerak cue, can be packed into a Uhaul, trailor <hr /></blockquote>

Hmm sounds a lot like Canada Geese, Do they leave [censored] all around too? <font color="blue"> Yes </font color>

Up here we just shoot them in the fall. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> We actually shoot more Canada Geese as well as other migrating things here than you do in Canada. We do appreciate your sending the geese but not the others.Aaaa?</font color>

Deeman
wondering how to mount a Canada Goose? Can't wait for this reply....

ras314
11-09-2005, 05:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Deeman
wondering how to mount a Canada Goose? Can't wait for this reply.... <hr /></blockquote>
First you've got to be able to out fly one .....

Deeman3
11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Deeman
wondering how to mount a Canada Goose? Can't wait for this reply.... <hr /></blockquote>
First you've got to be able to out fly one ..... <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, May New Mexico have an influx of carpetbaggers that boggles the mind....

Deeman

supergreenman
11-10-2005, 10:11 AM
I think mounting geese is something you should ask one of those Uhaulers you were talking about. If you really want to know that is. I don't. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
11-11-2005, 07:28 AM
LOL, I expect that by the time we get the idiot out of the White House, the U-hauler population will have grown considerable, that is if they can get gas. As for carpetbaggers, that's a pretty good description of Halliburton these days.

Gayle in Md....I think it was mostly heterosexual men who had intercourse with sheep....Hmmmmmm /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

cueball1950
11-12-2005, 12:13 AM
there are only 2 things really that will make a sheep farmer happy. 1 is a bottle of liquor under 1 arm and a sheep under the other.........................mike

stolen from another post

Chopstick
11-12-2005, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Chopstick this Northern Yankee wishes when the UHaulers go South they sign up for Florida's Medicade,Medicare and get off ours. If they couldn't use ours you would see them leaving in Droves. Wagon Train North.#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Dick,

If you want 'em back, just get some legislation going to get them off your medicare and we'll help ship them back.

We'd hate to lose them but, what the heck, we all have to make sacrifices. </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

The population of Flarda is 12% native population, a zillion guys frod LonGiland, A smattering of Porda Recans which are not from Puerto Rico, they are from New Jersey. I've never have been able ro figure that one out cause Puerto Rico is closer. Now the Flarda New Jersey Porda Ricans are a species all to them selves. They talk fast and loud and they're all nuts. Every last one of them. They're fun to party with though.

There is also a bunch of Vietnamize here. If you want to see em just take a magic marker, write karaoke on it and tape it to the door on any bar and the place will be full of em in an hour. They go nuts for it. I wish catchin fish was that easy.

And last are two Tennessee rednecks from South Memphis. We don't really care what these other folks do. We just want to be able to get to our favorite fishin hole without too much trouble.

DickLeonard
11-14-2005, 05:49 AM
Gayle, it is strange that we are on the same wave length, this must be what they mean by Intelligent Design. It saves me posting because you have already posted my thoughts.####

catscradle
11-14-2005, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Chopstick this Northern Yankee wishes when the UHaulers go South they sign up for Florida's Medicade,Medicare and get off ours. If they couldn't use ours you would see them leaving in Droves. Wagon Train North.#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Dick,

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>
Wait a minute Deeman, your previous posts would lead me to believe you're out in the middle of the boonies where you're lucky to see people leave alone having a snowbird problem. What do you care if they come or go? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Ain't it the truth honey!!! We have got to get together before one of us dies!!! Whenever I give my verbal list of things I must do before I die, "Gotta meet Dick Leonard" is on the top of my list.

Your posts save me too, LOL.

Gayle in Md...Loves Dick Leonard... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman3
11-14-2005, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr>Deeman <hr /></blockquote>
Wait a minute Deeman, your previous posts would lead me to believe you're out in the middle of the boonies where you're lucky to see people leave alone having a snowbird problem. What do you care if they come or go? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue">
Opps! Caught again. I really don't care much but was just offering my help.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote>

DickLeonard
11-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Gayle it's strange that we are on the same wave lenghth, I think it has something to do with Intelligent Design, this way I don't have to post just read yours. Thanks for saving me from posting.####

wolfdancer
11-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Dick, it's not so strange....there's an old saying
"great minds think alike".....and no reason why that wouldn't hold true for the whole spectrum of mentality
lol
I'm Alabamy bound
I'm Alabamy bound
And if the train don't stop 'n turn around
I'm Alabamy bound

Don't you leave me here
Don't you leave me here
The locomos ghost suite pullin' out
Leave a dime for a beer

I'm Alabamy bound (I'm Alabamy bound)
And if the train don't stop and turn around

(Hair don't curl)
And your eyes ain't blue
'Cause if you don't want me, sweet Polly Ann
(Well, I don't want you)

Alabamy bound (I'm Alabamy bound)
And if the train down stop and turn around

I'm Alabamy bound (don't cha leave me here) umm
I'm Alabamy bound (don't cha leave me here)
I'm Alabamy bound (don't cha leave me here)
I'm Alabamy bound

DickLeonard
11-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Gayle my wife was making her pre funeral -arrangements. She wanted to be cremated and have her ashes spread throught Wal- Marts parking lot, that way her daughters would visit her twice a week.####

DickLeonard
11-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Woldancer you could change the wording to I am Albany Bound and we would get them Back.####

Gayle in MD
11-14-2005, 05:43 PM
BWA HA HA HA HA....that's the funniest thing I've heard in weeks! Maybe I should have mine dumped down in the bilge of our boat, LOL, Nah, they'd be scrubbed away in no time...

Gayle in Md....Co-Owner of the cleanest boat in Maryland.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif