PDA

View Full Version : Pool table light

kardkid
11-08-2005, 01:47 PM
What kind of pool table light do you recommend for my 9' pool table and where do you suggest that I get it at? Thanks Jim

wolfdancer
11-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Jim, you can pay a couple of hundred and get some kind of 9 ft
flourescent fixture....or you could just string up three warehouse fixtures like I did...I have daylight bulbs in them...each one the equivalent of 100w...but they only use 16w apiece. Whatever you get, check out the daylight bulbs...nice and easy on your eyes.
I spent just a little over $100..and the bulbs are rated for 10k hours.
Google in billiard table lights...and you'll find some nice looking fixtures in that $200 range

cueball1950
11-08-2005, 09:50 PM
I personally would just buy a diamond over head light from diamond billiard products. you can usually get them for around 300 after a tournament..... i think they are the best you can buy. or do as a friend of mine did. he just hung 3 100 watt bulbs up over his table and put a small piece of alumunum around them in a small cone shape. that worked for him.................mike

bluey2king
11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Hi Jim
I bought a three lamp fixture off ebay at a very good price. For a 9' table you want a four fixture. Ebay will help you see lots of styles. I wanted incadecent lighting. Also I didn't want a big box light but you might want one. Again e-bay will help you see styles and prices.

loyter
11-09-2005, 10:23 AM
I actually used track lighting with three nice little lamps and quuartz bulbs. The lamps themselves look like upside-down martini glasses and they add a sort of swanky, upscale look to the room. My table is 7'. For a 9' table, you might need 4 lights. My total cost was about $120.

Another benefit is that the lights are only about 4" in diameter and they don't get in the way of play as much. Especially those tricky jump shots out in the middle of the table.