PDA

View Full Version : How can I get rid of these cueball stains? [image]

ObeOne
06-24-2002, 11:26 PM
http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/cueball.jpg
How do I remove these nasty stains? Armorall won't do it, Pledge won't do it, and Softscrub sorta made the ball turn a shade of pink for a while, so I quit using it. Any ideas?

06-25-2002, 12:08 AM
Throw it in the washer with 2 pair of tennis shoes & a rake. It'll work every time...JER

Chris Cass
06-25-2002, 12:18 AM
Just take some blk magic marker and turn it into an 8 ball. Then, drill a hole in it. Have it threaded and make a gear shifter out of it. Then, install it in your car. Then, sell the car. Buy a new car, and with the change, get a new cue ball.

Or you can skip steps 1 thru 6.

C.C.~~always willing to help with a smile.

06-25-2002, 12:39 AM
I would try something slightly abrasive like 2500 grit sand paper first on one of the marks to see if in fact it can come out

Tommy_Davidson
06-25-2002, 12:42 AM
> I've done this before,and my method works. Go to Wal-Mart or any drugstore and get one of those multi-colored nail buffers,they usually have a half-pink/half-white side and a grayish-black side. Look at the ball closely to see which way the scratches run,they will almost always have a pattern,then take the roughest side of the buffer and gently sand the scratch away,then buff with the finer surfaces. This will take a while,and the ball will need to be polished/waxed afterwards,but it works. If the marks are actually small circular shaped cracks,as opposed to "ball burns",the sanding method I described will help take the dirt out of the crack,but won't eliminate the crack. Tommy D.

Rod
06-25-2002, 02:00 AM
HA HA HA HA, crack me up Chris!LMAO Jeez is that ball junk or what!!! Buy A new ball. Uncomon to popular belief, a c/b does not have a real long life. You don't have to worry about someone stealing that ugly thing!!

ObeOne
06-25-2002, 03:25 AM
Where can I get a good cueball online? Anybody want my old one? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

rackmup
06-25-2002, 06:10 AM
You've already received some great ideas but this WILL work:

Remove hardened stains with a dull chainsaw blade. Place stain facedown on paper towels. Tackle from the edge of the stain with cleaning fluid or dry-cleaning solvent. Is the stain still there? Treat with a solution of 1 tablespoon mild white hand dish-washing liquid and 1 teaspoon household ammonia in 1 cup water. Then wash in the hottest water safe for human contact. Drain one gallon of gasoline from your car and mix with two parts bleach and three parts chlorine and 1 can of Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup. Mix well and allow ball to soak overnight. This should remove the majority of the stains. For those still remaining, buff clean with an abrasive grinding wheel or body shop grinder.

Now that the stains are gone, buff to a high gloss with a mixture of carnuba wax, Armor-All and the powder mix from a box of beef stroganoff Hamburger Helper.

After buffing, place ball in the oven (pre-heated to 475 degrees) for 1 hour.

Now...you're ready to go!

Regards,

Ken (if this doesn't work, email me and I'll buy you a new whitey)

06-25-2002, 07:02 AM
My cueball often looks a lot worse than that.
But it goes off of it after playing a few hours hard shots from the cloth friction.
I get those marks from masse and jumpshots.

Vapros
06-25-2002, 09:54 AM
By that time, if you add a few dimples here and there, you'll have a golf ball that you can draw.

Chris Cass
06-25-2002, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vapros:</font><hr> By that time, if you add a few dimples here and there, you'll have a golf ball that you can draw. <hr></blockquote>

Now, that's something Cheese would say. LOL

C.C.

Chris Cass
06-25-2002, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> HA HA HA HA, crack me up Chris!LMAO Jeez is that ball junk or what!!! Buy A new ball. Uncomon to popular belief, a c/b does not have a real long life. You don't have to worry about someone stealing that ugly thing!! <hr></blockquote>

Hey Rod,

What can I say? It's the only time duct tape doesn't work. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

06-25-2002, 11:25 AM

stickman
06-25-2002, 11:47 AM
CLR works wonders on dishwashers and showers too. I have no idea what it might do to cueballs though. We have hard water and the inside of my dishwasher was beginning to look like a heavy smoker's teeth. CLR made it look new.