PDA

View Full Version : falcon or mcdermott?

dazednconfused
11-08-2005, 07:47 PM
I'm a novice and and I play quite a bit. I'm looking for a new cue for $200 to $300 and I'm looking at falcon or mcdermott. Which is better?

Cali
11-13-2005, 11:19 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifBoth cues hit fairly well. My first cue was a McDermott and I was very happy with it. Falcon is very reputable but if I were you I would go with the Mcdermott because of their warranty. Check out Hawleys Billiards or Billiard Warehouse online for some pretty good prices. "When my girlfriend tells me to "stay down" I have no problems, but when I shoot pool I cant stay down"----try the new Tunacue!! It will remind you of home!

caedos
11-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Which is better, vanilla or chocolate?

After you've decided what aesthetics you like, take a look at the more utilitarian criteria. How do they build their cues, service, warranty, finish (McDermott has long been recognized as one of the very best at any price), do you like the taper, factory tip? (LePro or what?), and the construction of the joint. I vote McDermott as that's what I'm most familiar and comfortable with. I trust them to have a good product no matter the cue. I could use more education on Falcon products.

Carl