PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments in KC area???

06-25-2002, 01:10 AM
Hi all, I posted this topic over at AZbilliards but have yet to receive a response so I thought I would post it here also.

Hi all,

I just moved to Kansas City and was wondering if anyone knew of any larger size tournaments in this region. I have checked on playpool.com's site and they dont have anything listed. I have found a few smaller tournaments but I am looking for something bigger.

I used to play in the BCA's sponsored All American Tour and really enjoyed the competition as well as the skill levels involved and would like something more like that.

If anyone has some info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Preferably 9 ball, but I have also started playing 3 cushion billiards so am interested in that also.

thanks in advance,
nmshooter

stickman
06-25-2002, 06:59 AM
Most of the larger tournaments in that area are held at Shooters in Olathe. (810 W Highway 56, Olathe, KS, 913-780-5740) If nothing else, maybe they can give you some information.

06-25-2002, 03:54 PM
The Midwest 9ball Tour stops regularly at Shooter's in Olathe (4 times per year, I believe). The next one is July 18 (one pocket) and July 19-21 (9ball). If you want competition, this is the place to get it. They may also have other events on their schedule within driving range of Kansas City. You can read more about it at www.cuetimes.com (http://www.cuetimes.com) - click on What's Inside and just about any given issue will have the schedule and recent results.

Karla <--- going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come

06-25-2002, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated. I will look into The Midwest Tour and give shooters a call again.

nmshooter