PDA

View Full Version : Jenn Barretta's Movie Role

9 Ball Girl
11-10-2005, 07:18 AM
They're expecting for this film to explode in the way The Color of Money did. Way to go, Jenn!

http://www.mainstreetproductions.com/main.htm

Rich R.
11-10-2005, 07:52 AM
That's great. I'm sure she will do a great job. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

supergreenman
11-10-2005, 08:33 AM
I hope it turns out to be a great movie. I wonder if it will be loaded with all the usual suspects like poolhall junkies was.

I noticed it wasn't listed on the Hollywood Stock Exchange(hsx.com <---- you too can be a millionaire) yet. Do you know if it's still in Development or if they've moved to production?

James

9 Ball Girl
11-10-2005, 09:00 AM
I only know the same thing that you know from the website. It's an independent film which I think has better chances than when it's not an independent film like PHJ was. Time will tell...

dg-in-centralpa
11-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Congrats to Jennifer. I hope this will get major distribution. Anybody going to invest money in it? From their website we can become investors in the movie although they didn't say how much each person must put in.

DG - would be fun to do if I had money I didn't need

supergreenman
11-10-2005, 11:56 AM
If/when(I sent an e-mail to the site manager) it gets listed on HSX I'll invest millions of fake dollars on the movie.

As for real money, I've lost too many fake dollars on good movies to ever invest real money in one.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Deeman3
11-10-2005, 01:22 PM
I have only talked to Jennifer once on the phone and by e-mail but with her talent, looks and game, just maybe we will see our first pool movie star as opposed to a movie star who plays pool.

I wish her all success and hope this leads to even bigger things for her.

Deeman
if I were 25 years yonger, I'd be arrested for stalking her....

Tom_In_Cincy
11-10-2005, 08:12 PM
More info from this west coast news .

New Pool Movie (http://www.onthebreaknews.com/Page17.htm)

dg-in-centralpa
11-11-2005, 05:29 AM
The role of "Black Diamond" maybe "Black Widow"?

DG

Snapshot9
11-13-2005, 02:33 PM
It will make a lot more money, and appeal more to
a general audience if there is some sex and nudity
in it. To me, having the main character come off
like a Mary Lou Retton would be a mistake, and not
very true to life. Let her have a good heart, but
let her have some emotional problems to add spice
to the plot.

supergreenman
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Sex and nudity in a pool movie, OMG!!!!!!!! Is that allowed? Do pool players have sex? What a bunch of pervs.... I'm shocked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif jk

vonn31
11-14-2005, 02:08 PM
She has the ability to do huge things for the game of pool. I wish her the best and hope she does well.

Vonn31
(Hal from AZ)

catscradle
11-15-2005, 05:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> They're expecting for this film to explode in the way The Color of Money did. Way to go, Jenn!

http://www.mainstreetproductions.com/main.htm <hr /></blockquote>

I wish her well, but I'll be surprised if this is the next "Color of Money". To start with the name is awful. Furthermore, if she is a celebrity from one area that turns out to be a good actor, she will be the exception. I hope she is a good actor and I hope the movie is a block buster that brings pool the boast it sorely needs. Who knows the timing of it and the IPT may be a perfect synergy.
Good luck to her though I'm a skeptic.

vinnie717
11-15-2005, 12:37 PM
whatever happened to danny basavich's movie has anyone heard anything about it

tjlmbklr
11-15-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only know the same thing that you know from the website. It's an independent film which I think has better chances than when it's not an independent film like PHJ was. Time will tell...
<hr /></blockquote>

I thought PHJ's was an independent film. And by the way I hope I don't offend here but that movie had only one good thing about it, the display of pool playing(poorly acted by Rick Shroeder, and the young Johny character) Other then that it did suck pretty bad. Oh I do love Christopher Walken though. I mean the story line that is, Sorry I am a movie buff and like to pick apart bad ones.

[ QUOTE ]
Sex and nudity in a pool movie, OMG!!!!!!!! Is that allowed? Do pool players have sex? What a bunch of pervs.... I'm shocked <hr /></blockquote>

Are you kidding me I met my VERY sexual VERY beatiful girlfriend at a poolhall....!

Anyway, goodluck to Jenn, I will more then likely buy this movie like I did Poolhall Junkies; What...? I never said that I didn't own it...!

supergreenman
11-16-2005, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;

I thought PHJ's was an independent film. And by the way I hope I don't offend here but that movie had only one good thing about it, the display of pool playing(poorly acted by Rick Shroeder, and the young Johny character) Other then that it did suck pretty bad. Oh I do love Christopher Walken though. I mean the story line that is, Sorry I am a movie buff and like to pick apart bad ones.

<hr /></blockquote>

I was under the impression phj was an independant film as well, I got that impression from watching the directors commentary on the special features. I'm a movie junkie too and other than the really good pool coverage I thought the movie blew chunks. (um, I own it too)

Congrats on scoring a female poolhall junkie, I know a few at my local pool room that make my blood flow faster.

James

tjlmbklr
11-16-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on scoring a female poolhall junkie, I know a few at my local pool room that make my blood flow faster <hr /></blockquote>

Unfortionately she isn't a poolhall junkie. Matter of fact it was her first time in a poolhall, she just happened to come with some friends. I sent her a drink and the ret is history.

I did however see what would be the perfect woman for a lot of pool junkies. She was shooting alone(quite good too) tall and beautiful and was Mute. I know this because she was speaking sign with a friend and hat a MP3 player in her pocket listening to music while she shot.

I mean come on good looking, shoots pool, and best of all she can't talk. Ok I am sorry I don't want to make it look like I am making fun. She was very attractive though.

supergreenman
11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Congrats on scoring a female poolhall junkie, I know a few at my local pool room that make my blood flow faster <hr /></blockquote>

Unfortionately she isn't a poolhall junkie. Matter of fact it was her first time in a poolhall, she just happened to come with some friends. I sent her a drink and the ret is history.

I did however see what would be the perfect woman for a lot of pool junkies. She was shooting alone(quite good too) tall and beautiful and was Mute. I know this because she was speaking sign with a friend and hat a MP3 player in her pocket listening to music while she shot.

I mean come on good looking, shoots pool, and best of all she can't talk. Ok I am sorry I don't want to make it look like I am making fun. She was very attractive though. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh come on now, I'm sure you don't mean that you'd want a woman that can't talk dirT to you. And she can talk, but she can't nag you if you aren't looking at her. :P

~~~~James runs to the corner and ducks the flying cueballs