PDA

View Full Version : Spetty rules on Thursday night!!!!!

OnePocketChamp
11-12-2005, 05:57 AM
We played Spetty's team at Wizard's in Dallas last Thursday night and see rules!!! Won all of her games and played like some sort of female Godzilla on steroids, even after two or three shots of tequilla!!!!

Now, I have played her before out at the now famous Pettypoint poolhall so I know the girl can play but since she has been using this space-age, techno upgrade, Star Wars inspired OB1 shaft she has become a MONSTER. Luke Skywalker with his light saber needs to beware theres a new Jedi Knight in town and her name is Petty! OB1 shafts should be banned from all tournament play and Spetty voted off the island to be exiled to that little town in East Texas and leave us men alone.

I love you Spetty and again nice shootin.

Deeman3
11-12-2005, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote OnePocketChamp:</font><hr> We played Spetty's team at Wizard's in Dallas last Thursday night and see rules!!! Won all of her games and played like some sort of female Godzilla on steroids, even after two or three shots of tequilla!!!!

Now, I have played her before out at the now famous Pettypoint poolhall so I know the girl can play but since she has been using this space-age, techno upgrade, Star Wars inspired OB1 shaft she has become a MONSTER. Luke Skywalker with his light saber needs to beware theres a new Jedi Knight in town and her name is Petty! OB1 shafts should be banned from all tournament play and Spetty voted off the island to be exiled to that little town in East Texas and leave us men alone.

I love you Spetty and again nice shootin. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Yep, that's my road partner your talkin about. You can exile her to Alabama anytime you want. However, Leeroy might have something to say about that.

Deeman </font color>

Sid_Vicious
11-12-2005, 11:16 AM
It's the player not the wood of course, but I had a preminition that SPetty would take to the new shaft. I had a personal compliment paid after a league match I played in last week in which the OB1 played it's part. My captain from last season slipped up to my side, pointed to a player we had come back to rejoin the team that night after years being away and said, "See that guy there?", he continued to inform me the player said "I don't know who that guy is (meaning me,,,he and I never played on a team together as best I recall) but he's shooting lights out! I know I've played a little above my head at times, yet the shaft has added a bit of confidence to add to a good start of the 8-ball. I've never played in the 90% levels except for a spattering of times, and yet I've done that for all three of my league matches so far. Not bragging people, I realize the train might stop for me a match or two down the road, BUT for today the game and my new OB1 is quite a compliment to each other.

As far as SPetty and her light saber...anyone who has been around her game can attest that her stroke has always been superb. Sounds like the two of us are quite the testimony for Royce's new invention...sid~~~thinks everyone better watchout if SPetty and I happen to link in a scotch double pairing right now /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314
11-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Wondered when she was going to come out of hiding. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

You guys just keep on blaming that magic new OB1 shaft. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
11-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I wasn't. Like I said, SPetty's stroke is to be envied when it's "on", so this new wood is a boost to what's always been there all along. When I can toss a cue at a CB and feel extra confidence in advance in the way it's going to play for me, I have far more fun and make more runs to the finish. I might do that with my break cue on occasions, so it's just a coincidence that she and I have jumped up a notch already this season while using the same new shaft. OR! is it coincidence? Nice feeling to believe in your equipment, and that feeling is probably the key element no matter how you get to it...sid

ras314
11-12-2005, 05:31 PM
The other side of that feeling is more common, just blame all your goofs on the equipment. Could be why I never seem to improve. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SPetty
11-12-2005, 08:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> You guys just keep on blaming that magic new OB1 shaft. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHA! Yep, that's what I was thinking! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I don't know nothing about no special shaft - I just know that it's pretty! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

( www.obcues.com (http://www.obcues.com) )

But I tell ya, if a guy's going to give me ball in hand with only two balls and then the eight ball, I'm going to do what I can to not miss! OPC completely outplayed me - he just got a nasty roll where the cue ball caromed off his last remaining ball into the pocket. My turn! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It was nice seeing you again, OPC!

Chopstick
11-13-2005, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> You guys just keep on blaming that magic new OB1 shaft. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHA! Yep, that's what I was thinking! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I don't know nothing about no special shaft - I just know that it's pretty! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

( www.obcues.com (http://www.obcues.com) )

But I tell ya, if a guy's going to give me ball in hand with only two balls and then the eight ball, I'm going to do what I can to not miss! OPC completely outplayed me - he just got a nasty roll where the cue ball caromed off his last remaining ball into the pocket. My turn! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It was nice seeing you again, OPC! <hr /></blockquote>

Sandbagger /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sid_Vicious
11-13-2005, 08:38 AM
"I don't know nothing about no special shaft - I just know that it's pretty!"

Reminds me of a line from Peggy Bundy in "Married With Children" after she was told they were getting a computer. Peg said, "What color is it?" sid

randyg
11-13-2005, 09:01 AM
SID: Real question.

What do you think that the OB1 shaft add's to your game?

Thanks....randyg

Sid_Vicious
11-13-2005, 10:25 AM
randy...Hard to describe cuz I'm not a big "whys and how's" thinker of this game. My best take on the new shaft is that there appears to be a certain, dependable control of what the CB does after tip impact, meaning that squirt/swerve dampens to a level far better that the 314 ever did for me. Let's take a 4-6 foot 5 degree angle, hard-follow shot for down table position as an example. This shaft takes a monster stroke and stays true to it's path, including inside english, and that is saying a lot IMO. I can only say that the results are there for me and I'll never elect to shoot with another shaft on purpose. Can I shoot with my old shaft? Sure, it's a great piece of wood. Am I as confident? No.

I don't know if you have hit with one of Royce's shafts yet, but you'll discover that it feels like it hits soft. I play with a hard Moori and until this shaft, I've adjusted for the CB's deflecting aspect on very many cut shots requiring a stroke for CB movement. I just play the shot now and don't consume my thoughts in the "ifs about whitie after contact." I'll stick my neck out a bunch and say that if you took 20 players who use 314 shafts to take a blindfolded test using this shaft, and then their 314, you'd find a lot of 314 shafts being upgraded quickly. Is a laminated shaft imperative to performance compared to old wood? No, but the old wood is rare so for consistency I feel this shaft(and the 314 as well, just not as well) more guarantees me of getting a superior hit when shopping for a new/better shaft.

Whether it is an english, draw, follow or dead-on hit, this shaft simply carryies the CB right where I aim. What more can I say without going into analysis paralysis mode /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Besides, the ferrule design is intimidating, "Oh sh!t, he's playing with one of Royce's shafts!" sid

wolfdancer
11-13-2005, 11:20 AM
The "force" is now with him

randyg
11-13-2005, 12:19 PM
SID: Yes I have "hit" about 10 shots with the OB1 shaft. Not on my butt which may make some difference. I liked the soft feel but I think I need more time to examine the shaft.
I may just get one and take it to Pool School where I can set up the School's deflection/squirt drills and give it a fair test.

Thanks for the answer...randyg