PDA

View Full Version : Frankie Hernandez banned from Blaze 9-Ball Tour

Lockwood
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
11/14/05
Sunday November 13, 2005-
Something is not right in Blaze 9-Ball Tour.
After a heated argument about changing the draw Blaze 9-Ball Tour ejected Frankie Hernandez with the aid of the Parrsippany Police. Apparently the draw was manipulated to force Mr. Hernandez to play Mr. Mike Davis in the second round. Mr. Henandez complained and the draw was changed back. Pool has never been a clean game, but this is intolerable. Are we ready for the IPT?

supergreenman
11-14-2005, 12:40 PM
I would hope he got his money back.

J

Lockwood
11-14-2005, 12:47 PM
After two wins they gave him his entry fee. But he is not allowed to play in the 5,000 skins game or 10,000 season finals.

9 Ball Girl
11-14-2005, 12:48 PM
If the draw was changed back then why did Frankie need to be ejected?

Lockwood
11-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Good question

Steve Lipsky
11-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Lockwood, could you please be more specific about what happened?

You say the draw was changed to make Frankie play Mike in the 2nd round. When was it changed? Before the tournament began? If it was not BEFORE the tournament, there must be something left out of the story. You can't write out a whole draw, play a whole first round, and then cross out two names and shift their positions. There would be a riot.

You also wrote after two wins they gave Frankie his money back. But if this happened FOR round two, then Frankie would have only played one match so far.

Could it have been a situation where Mike maybe showed up late, and assumed one of the bye positions? Frankie would have thought he was playing Player A (who got a bye in the first round), but then Mike came late, beat player A, and then was slated to play Frankie (rather than maybe a weaker Player A)? I don't know, I'm just thinking of possible explanations. And I'm not saying that would make things right, either. I'm just curious.

Not trying to be argumentative or difficult, Lockwood... just trying to get to the bottom of this. I can't believe they simply crossed out names and switched positions. That's just too ludicrous.

- Steve

randyg
11-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Steve makes sense. Something had to happen that we are now aware of. I also would like to hear "the rest of the story"....randyg

Barbara
11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Steve,

I can't believe a TD would back out a bye after play has started for a player showing up late.

That's just wrong.

Barbara

supergreenman
11-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Mr. Hernandez must have really been hot over something to have had to have been removed by the police.

Vagabond
11-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Whether it is fair or not it is finally done.Does any one remeber what happened more than 15 years ago to a bully in a small town in the state of Missouri?
I am glad that finally some one tackled this guy and this should have been done long time ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

iusedtoberich
11-14-2005, 06:53 PM
I don't know the specifics of this altercation because I was not there. But, I play out of Drexeline Billiards and have been there for every Blaze event this year and last. I have seen Frankie play in our room at least 6 times. EVERY SINGLE TIME, he has gotten into a heated argument with either another player or the tournament director. The arguments usually seem to be over the racking of the balls. This only happens with Frankie. The other players are very civil, but he goes off the deep end. As angry as he gets, and as big as he is, I wouldn't want him around me or anyone else if his anger turned to violence. Obviously the people at this latest altercation felt the same way about their safety if they used the police to remove him. I am glad he has been removed from the tour. I'm sure there will be many posters who will come on and say the same.

sbcbk
11-15-2005, 12:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> If the draw was changed back then why did Frankie need to be ejected? <hr /></blockquote>

you dont know Frankie then.....he dont let stuff like that slide.....they aint ready for Frankie out there lol

Vagabond
11-15-2005, 06:53 AM
I heard 10 years ago that after his close friend was shot to death he has been acting as a tough guy.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Steve Lipsky
11-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Hi Barabara. I'm not saying that would have made the situation right. I'm just looking for a more plausible explanation of what happened. Certainly switching players' names once play has started is much more egregious than instating a late player in a bye position.

Both are wrong, of course. But one is much worse /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Hope all is well,
Steve

Lockwood
11-15-2005, 07:14 AM
They changed the draw before the tournament started. It was on the computer with Frankie in one slot. Someone moved Frankie. Frankie complained and they moved him back. Frankie played two matches and then Frankie and Jose had words outside Jose then walked back into the room saying that Frankie has been ejected and if he comes back into the room someone should call the cops.

Lockwood
11-15-2005, 07:26 AM
There was no bye situation or late player. They were trying to help one player and hurt another. The TD admited that Frankie was moved at first because they didn't two pros to play each other in the first round.The TD explained that this was a mistake. Frankie knew that this was not a mistake, but a cold blooded act.

Lockwood
11-15-2005, 07:40 AM
There was never a threat of violence. This is America. Everyone has rights. Even those we don't like.

Steve Lipsky
11-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the additional information. Wow, that's pretty bad. I've never played a Blaze tour, and now I'm not sure I ever will.

Thanks for clarifying.

- Steve

Nostroke
11-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Was there a Calcutta at this event?

Eric.
11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
They usually have a "player auction" at every stop. I'm sure that was another Pandora's box.

Eric

Nostroke
11-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Well that explains it-another robbery attempt no doubt.