PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any info on Legacy tables?

mike253
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm looking to buy a table and I came across one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Legacy-Pool-Table_W0QQitemZ7197372575QQcategoryZ75198QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem tables for around $1100 installed (its used) the owner cant seem to find a name and that link is the only info I can find on it.. can anyone help? Thanks.

Scott Lee
11-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Pretty sure this is a 'made-in-China' table, and it not deemed to be high quality materials or construction. Usually you get what you pay for, and in this case, I'd probably pass. jmo

Scott Lee

Brad
11-17-2005, 07:14 AM
R.O.C. table. Run hard, run fast, and run far.

Ask the guy if you can rub a cue stick across the top of the pocket. (This would be a typical reflection of daily use, wouldn't it?) Finish will rub right off with very little effort.

For the more adventurous, cut a leg in half. You might just find paper inside.

Legacy imports about 6000 - 8000 tables to the US. They are strickly price. If you're after something for the kids to beat up, this is it. It's a disposable table! Buy it, use it, throw it away in three years.

You can buy these things NEW for $1100

mike253
11-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks a ton for the info guys. I'll take a pass on the table. I'm looking for a well constructed table that'll last a while thats in the $1000-$1500 range. I'm planning on using the table on a regular basis and I want something that will hold up well. If anyone knows of any decent used (or new, if they fall in that price range) 8 foot tables in the Northern VA area, let me know. Thanks again guys, you saved me a bunch of money and headache!

Brad
11-17-2005, 12:51 PM
I'll bet you can get a nice C.L. Bailey table in that price range. Try them. They make a decent table.

Scott Lee
11-17-2005, 01:19 PM
I second the choice of C.L. Bailey. Excellent product, priced nicely, made here in the U.S., with solid wood, and good slate!

Scott Lee

bgrishkevich
01-27-2006, 08:52 AM
What did you go with?

bgrishkevich
01-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Mde in China....legacy tells folks up front the factory is in china. They import the slate and rails from the same place every other company does. The hardwood is from U.S. as are the rails. These are shipped to China, and assembled, then sent back.
Same thing Brunswick does and they are the stable of the Billiards. Problem is, other companies don'd disclose this. Just because something is put together or assembled in U.S. does not mean it is "Built" here.
Call some folks who assemble tables (sub contractors for local dealers) in your area, and ask them if they have a preferance or see any quality differences.

bgrishkevich
01-27-2006, 08:59 AM
What is wrong with the slate on the Legacy tables?