PDA

View Full Version : Break Cue Shaft/Tip

dareads
11-17-2005, 07:40 PM
I was looking for advice on a good shaft and tip for a jump cue. After to many years of the same cue, I am getting a new one. I would ideally like to keep my old cue and buy a new shaft so that it could be a jump cue. I was wondering if there are any recommendations out there for a shaft or tip type and size for a good break cue.
Thanks

supergreenman
11-18-2005, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dareads:</font><hr> I was looking for advice on a good shaft and tip for a jump cue. After to many years of the same cue, I am getting a new one. I would ideally like to keep my old cue and buy a new shaft so that it could be a jump cue. I was wondering if there are any recommendations out there for a shaft or tip type and size for a good break cue.
Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Dareads, I would suggest before you do anything drastic to your old cue, get used to your new cue first, especially since you've been using it for years.

Something I've been meaning to change with my equipment is my jump/break cue. At the moment I have a phenollic tip on it. This is really good when it comes to jump shots however, I think I would prefer to have a hard leather tip on it for break shots and add a new jump cue to my bag for jump shots. Combining purposes, i.e. jump shots and break shots, in one piece of equipment results in a sacrifice in performance on both shots for a small amount of cost savings or space in your cue case.

Just my opinion, others may disagree with me.

James

ceebee
11-18-2005, 11:33 AM
QUOTE,"Combining purposes, i.e. jump shots and break shots, in one piece of equipment results in a sacrifice in performance on both shots ,"UNQUOTE

I believe in special tools for special jobs.