PDA

View Full Version : Music for the Pool Playing Soul

9 Ball Girl
06-25-2002, 09:38 PM
What kind of music do you guys like to listen to while you shoot? I love Classic Rock and prefer the sounds of Led Zeppelin and Cream (I usually wear my headphones while I practice).

What do you like to listen to?

PQQLK9
06-25-2002, 09:58 PM
Blues...(BB King...Stevie Ray Vaughn...anything guitarish...

Karatemom
06-25-2002, 10:10 PM
I prefer Rob Zombie, but anything fast and heavy will do.

Heide ~ an original headbanger

06-25-2002, 11:05 PM
I normally listen to heavy metal when shooting at a local place. When in tourneys, i couldnt tell you what they play, I usually drown it out. I do like a song by Jonny Lang called "rack em up". Great song!

marek
06-26-2002, 04:51 AM
I like classic music (Mozart, Verdi) but nothing close to it in my PH.....:) So I must get comfortable with hardcore techno and dance club music... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

cheesemouse
06-26-2002, 04:55 AM
When I was a sex, drugs and rock'n'roll hippy it bothered me when people hated the music of that era and I pledged that I would never be that narrow mind. I never imagined rap.......all my opponent has to do is crank up the rap crap and my game tanks....my favorite~~~ anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn

Doctor_D
06-26-2002, 05:46 AM
Good morning:

Aside from some Vivaldi, Chopin or Greig, I do enjoy the music if Enya.

Dr. D.

JimS
06-26-2002, 06:24 AM
I prefer Miles Davis, Keith Jarrett, Sonny Rollins, Duke Ellington, etc. Being in the pool room is a looooonnnnggg way from home for me.

Kato
06-26-2002, 06:40 AM
Heide, I am so groovin' on your action. Do you have a twin sister? Chris, you may be the luckiest man alive.

My musically preference while playing pool. Practicing at home I listen to Metallica, Anthrax, Testament, Savatage, Armored Saint and Slayer are my favorites. When I'm relaxing Great White has a greatest hits CD that is very bluesy and cool. When I'm in the pool room I like Kid Rock, Pearl Jam, Fleetwood Mac, and Queensryche. For my money, if you made me burn all my CD's and listen to 1 single band. Dream Theater.

Kato~~~knows if Voodoo answers this thread he'll tell each of you to play as much Metallica as possible. Says it gets him in the zone.

Doctor_D
06-26-2002, 06:56 AM
Good morning Kato:

Sounds like our tastes in music are at polar opposites!

Dr. D.

Kato
06-26-2002, 07:25 AM
Ah, not true Diana. It was asked what I like to play pool to. When I was but a young lass I played piano, classical piano. I was pretty good to, doing small recitals and the like. I've forgotten all the playing but not how much I love the sounds. I don't know the composers, the songs, the orchestra or musicians. My mother has played for 40 years and I love listening to her.

So you see my good Doctor, peel a layer off the onion, it may make you tear up a little, but it sure makes for good eatin'.

Kato

Karatemom
06-26-2002, 07:51 AM
Wow, deja vu. Just because I'm a heavy metal freak doesn't mean I don't like other styles of music as well. I also played classical piano when I was young. Took lessons for 9 years and did recitals and stuff, too. Wish we had a piano now, but no room for one. Electronics keyboards just aren't the same. There are just a few songs that I can remember by heart these days, but still keep my fingers nimble on this keyboard. Bach is my favorite classical musician.

Heide ~ has a half sister but is complete opposite of me.

Harold Acosta
06-26-2002, 08:01 AM
I'll listen to anything except Rap music. They could rap it up their a.........

Kato
06-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Chris told me a while back that he likes to jam before playing. I didn't think that sweet, innocent KarateMom would ever listen to music like that!!!!!! Too bad about you sister though. I could go for a girl like you.

Just wondering Heide. How easy was it for you to pick up typing. I found it real easy and attributed it piano.

Kato

Karatemom
06-26-2002, 08:23 AM
Chris likes just about anything except rap. It's funny to see the two of us, who don't look like metalheads, tapping our feet and singing the words to Never Gonna Stop by Zombie. Even Christ is into it. We took him to the Zombie/Ozzy concert for our Christmas present this year. It was his first concert. He LOVED it!!!!! Can't wait til they come back.

As for my sister, she is a bitch! We look a little alike, but she's big and I'm little, she's a country girl and I'm a city girl, etc., etc. Complete opposites. Never knew her growing up, just as well.

Typing was a snap. Back in high school, eons ago, I was up to 135 wpm with about 6 mistakes. I've been a secretary most of my career, til Christ started school. Now, since I'm an officer in the PTA, I type more often that I did a few years ago, but not like I used to. Like my job now too much to quit, even if it doesn't involve typing. I'm doing the one thing I always said I'd never do, following in my mother's footsteps, and loving every minute of it.

Heide ~ not as innocent as she looks

Doctor_D
06-26-2002, 08:26 AM
Good morning Kato:

Am I to understand that you are offering yoruself up for dinner?

Dr. D.

Kato
06-26-2002, 08:27 AM
My first concert was Black Sabbath. Catch up with ya on the personal. Bye, bye.

Kato

PQQLK9
06-26-2002, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> I'll listen to anything except Rap music. They could rap it up their a.........

Aw c'mon Harold...give Rap a chance...go buy a few CD'S and some baggy clothes and "chill" with the beat../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif or make an anti-rap CD and use the money to build a better cue than a predator.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

06-26-2002, 10:26 AM
WELL I LIKE JAZZ AND BLUES.BUT IN THE ROOM I PLAY IN GA. "GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT COME'S ON" .I DO HEAR IT NO HOW WHEN I'M IN THE ZONE THERE IS NO SOUND......

Wally_in_Cincy
06-26-2002, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> My first concert was Black Sabbath.
Kato <hr></blockquote>

So was mine...................in 1973 /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

So the consensus of the board is "ABR" "Anything But Rap"
I have to agree, although I do like Kid Rock a lot and Eminem a little.

When I play pool music is just background noise mostly. But if I had a choice:

Merle Haggard
Sublime
Chick Corea
Mark Chestnut
Everclear
Jean-Luc Ponty
Dave Matthews
Cranberries
Blondie
Bob Wills
Foo Fighters
Living Colour

or....Wishbone Ash

MikeM
06-26-2002, 01:14 PM
Sorry Wally, but I can't let it reach a consensus. I like rap - good rap (no it's not an oxymoron). DMX, WuTang, Black Rob, The Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Snoop, Dre and many others, put out great listening tracks, if you don't mind the language, that can help add a few MPH to your break. I also like everyone on your list (except Bob Wills, never heard of him). I would add Adrian Legg, Mozart, AC/DC, Alan Jackson, Bad Co., Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith, which was my first concert in 1977 and many, many others.

MM...listens to ALL good music.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-26-2002, 01:32 PM
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockhall.com/hof/inductee.asp?id=212>http://www.rockhall.com/hof/inductee.asp?id=212</a>

I guess the rap language has a lot to do with my dislike of it, but hey, to each his own.

9 Ball Girl
06-26-2002, 03:25 PM
Since you're name dropping /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif here are some of my favorite:

Led Zeppelin
Cream/Eric Clapton
The Doors
The Guess Who
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull

just to name a few. I get weird looks from people sometimes if I'm at a bar 'cause that music is from before my time. But, they sure don't make music like that anymore!

Voodoo Daddy
06-26-2002, 06:25 PM
I've read them but Kato's {he has an aflection for Dream Theater and Metallica}, and now I will drop the music list on ya'll. Stevie Ray Vaughn {my favorite musician ever} is always on my mind, a truckload of Allman Brothers and that Johnny Lang song "rack-m-up" is great as well. But for me to really get into pool room music off the box it would have to include BARRY WHITE, JAMES BROWN and MARVIN GAYE! What the pool room box never has is Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Ronnie Montrose, Miles Davis, Jeff Beck or John McGlaughlin The pool room box historically have WAY TOO MUCH Metallica, Limp Bizkit, DMX, TrickDaddy, J-Lo and any other no talent wanna-ne musician that has a gimic or a certain look that made them popular. Oh and ban Dave Mathews Band, they really annoy me...

Voodoo...musical snob

06-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Train. Drops of Jupiter. Can't live without it. Matchbox Twenty, Counting Crows, The Eagles, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Train, Train, Train! Classic rock when I'm feeling really old or nostalgic.

Kato
06-26-2002, 09:41 PM
As many times as possible my dear Doctor.

Kato~~~~easy and getting easier all the time.

06-26-2002, 10:45 PM
I imagine the older players would have experienced this but anyone here ever play six hours straight or more, in a pool room, without any music at all playing in the background?

Anyone?

To each his own but that's what I call shooting pool. No singing or humming, no tapping to the rhythm, no bopping around, nothing to make you feel up or down...just what's inside of you and what's on that table and the background sounds of others doing the same thing as you.

I remember this great old place called 'Barneys', and Stanley the owner never played music. He had this small TV behind the desk that he used to watch with the sound turned off so not to disturb the players.

Fran

MikeM
06-26-2002, 11:01 PM
Ronnie Montrose!!!!

Voodoo, UdaMan!

There is a player on my league team that's like 23 and says he's really into old school hard rock. I made him a CD of old Zeppelin, Pat Travers, April Wine, Robin Trower and a heavy dose of Montrose. Bad Motor Scooter, Rock the Nation, Rock Candy, Space Station No. 5 etc. He was blown away.

Trivia question for everyone but Voodoo. Who was the lead singer for Montrose?

MM...feeling old.

Voodoo Daddy
06-26-2002, 11:36 PM
April Wine...oh my. Thats gonna make me get out all my school stuff! Well, I did forget a few like Humble Pie, Ten Years After, King Crimson, Johnny Winter with Montrose {hahahaha}and midwestern favorite's BloodRock and Grand Funk Railroad!!!

Here is a hint to MM's trivia; The Red Rocker, get it?

Voodoo says; "Boom Boom...out go the lights!!!"

Voodoo Daddy
06-26-2002, 11:41 PM
The lady has a point. Tournament play is almost always done in silence, which is deafening!! But day to day, the music prevail's so ask for some Sinatra and Louis Prima for you pool room box...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Voodoo says; " I order antipasta twice just because she is so nice, Angelina. Angelina, the waitress at the pizzeria" Showing off his heritage again!!

MikeM
06-26-2002, 11:46 PM
Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, Deep Purple, UFO....time to burn one...oops did I say that? Don't ever tell my kids!

MM...."Snortin' Whiskey and Drinkin' Cocaine"

MikeM
06-26-2002, 11:52 PM
Gotta laugh at myself though. As I sit here and type I'm listening to Nat King Cole - my Dad's favorite. I'm gettin' old. Time for bed!

MM...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

06-27-2002, 12:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I imagine the older players would have experienced this but anyone here ever play six hours straight or more, in a pool room, without any music at all playing in the background?

Anyone?

To each his own but that's what I call shooting pool. No singing or humming, no tapping to the rhythm, no bopping around, nothing to make you feel up or down...just what's inside of you and what's on that table and the background sounds of others doing the same thing as you.

I remember this great old place called 'Barneys', and Stanley the owner never played music. He had this small TV behind the desk that he used to watch with the sound turned off so not to disturb the players.

Fran
<hr></blockquote>

odd you mention that. when friends come over to shoot pool, it isn't long before they want music. by myself, i don't think about needing music. i just shoot.

dan

Voodoo Daddy
06-27-2002, 12:39 AM
Frank "F"ing Marino!!! Mike, your scoring Voodoo points with every post man. Dont forget Randy California, Allan Holdsworth and the legendery James Marshall Hendrix....Voodoo Chile, slight return!!

Voodoo...born in the 60's, lived through the 70's-80's-90's only to be called old school in 2002!

Rod
06-27-2002, 02:22 AM
Fran, I'm not that old, but a fellow I know real well told me he played at pool rooms with out any music. Many time 8 to 10 hours a day. He said they didn't even have a juke box!
That's what he told me, I swear.

Scott Lee
06-27-2002, 03:10 AM
Rod...I've always enjoyed playing pool with NOTHING in the background. Years ago we used to play what we called "mum pool"! What it meant was that you played a match, and nobody said a WORD! No complementing good shoots, or anything else! In fact, the first one to talk would LOSE the match (no taking into account who was ahead at the time)! The main reason I mention this, is that I learned how your game improved immediately by taking away ALL distractions...and also just how HARD it was to play a match (with a friend) without saying a word to each other!
Try it yourself...you'll see how hard it is! LOL

Scott Lee

TomBrooklyn
06-27-2002, 03:20 AM
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/patrickduerr.htm>http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/patrickduerr.htm</a>

1) For Jenny
A primitive love song - the first orchestal composition of this musical prodigy and all-around genius was written when the composer was 12 years old, it contains a hidden satire on homosapien behaviour which no human has ever fully understood.

2) My Feelings Towards Her
An early piece by the same composer. It appears a bit strange, but actually expresses precisely how the composer sometimes feels.

Rich R.
06-27-2002, 04:04 AM
Fran, silence is best. I could easily do without music in the pool hall. I learned to play pool in a room with no music of any kind and no TV. Just the sound of a pin ball machine and the clicking of balls.
Rich R.~~~clicking of balls is music to my ears.

stickman
06-27-2002, 05:44 AM
Silence is golden! I don't play in total silence often, but I prefer it. Sometimes I get to the poolhall when it opens and depending on who's opening, I can play in peace. I have been the only one there at times. I'm afraid our poolhall may not be open much longer as slow as their business is. For me it is great just to hear the click of the balls and the sound of the balls dropping in the pockets. Sometimes the music is so loud there that you can barely communicate with other players without yelling. I prefer the quiet.

TomBrooklyn
06-27-2002, 06:13 AM
I went to the PH early for a change the other day. There was no music. What a pleasure. At some point the owner put on the music, and put it on at ear wrenching volume. What's up with that? I asked her twice to lower it and she put it to where it was more tolerable but still too loud.

What are these PH owners thinking? That they have a nightclub or a poolhall? Maybe loud music is what the recreational players who make up most of the business in most PHs want. It got me thinking again about getting my own table.

Oh yea, and not only was it too loud, and while some of it was music I liked, and some of it was music I didn't mind too much, some of it was Hippity Hop (C)Rap or whatever it's called. While I wasn't listening to all the lyrics, some of the words that jumped out and intruded on my concentration included f$ck, motherf&amp;cker, nigger, and whitety. I apologize for posting these vulgar words on this forum, but do so only because they are exact quotes of what was coming over the loudspeaker system in this PH. Anybody who wants to listen to this (c)rap is free to do so as far as I'm concerned, but I'd rather take a pass, thanks.

stickman
06-27-2002, 06:37 AM
Tom, I have no idea what the thinking is. The owner here does the same thing. When her fiance opens, I can play in peace. The other night, there were three of us there playing a ring game. She had the music terribly loud. It wasn't for us! Her fiance came in about 10:00pm and she told us to finish our set and she was closing early. We left at 10:30. We would have stayed and played til closing. (12:00) /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif It's too bad we don't have a decent place to play. As it is, I'm not sure we'll have a poolhall at all for long.

06-27-2002, 06:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Trivia question for everyone but Voodoo. Who was the lead singer for Montrose?

<hr></blockquote>

Sammy Hagar - what's the prize?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2002, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Ronnie Montrose!!!!

Voodoo, UdaMan!

There is a player on my league team that's like 23 and says he's really into old school hard rock. I made him a CD of old Zeppelin, Pat Travers, April Wine, Robin Trower and a heavy dose of Montrose. Bad Motor Scooter, Rock the Nation, Rock Candy, Space Station No. 5 etc. He was blown away.

Trivia question for everyone but Voodoo. Who was the lead singer for Montrose?

MM...feeling old. <hr></blockquote>

My daughter's 22 and she loves Pink Floyd and Hendrix.

I Saw Montrose in 1977 at Victory Theater in Dayton. They opened for Jo Jo Gunn if you can believe that. Sammy and Ronnie blew the house away. Saw UFO about about 1979 I think. Michael Schenker is the greatest. Saw Mahogany Rush around 1977 (?) opening for Joe Cocker. How weird is that.

My absolute alltime favorite is Wishbone Ash

Also
Blue Oyster Cult
Alice Cooper
Rush

Going deaf just thinkin' about it.

JimS
06-27-2002, 06:58 AM
The pool hall where I started playing had no music, not even a radio, and the TV was on ONLY during the World Series.

Here at home I play in silence 85% of the time, unless CC is here and then it's NEVER quiet! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif LOLOLOL. Do all Italians like to talk? LOLOL

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2002, 07:18 AM
Hey Tom. Have you been going to Hall of Fame again? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2002, 07:57 AM
I can totally dig the silence in a pool room. As a matter of fact, I was in a pool hall in Queens a couple of weeks ago where there was no music at all. I told my sister if she likes what she hears. (She's not a pool player so I got a puzzled look). I pointed out the satisfying sound of the balls being knocked in, the break especially. Then she looked at me like I was nuts. Anyway, it was relaxing!

But, if I'm going to be in a pool hall where they're playing music that I don't particularly care for and loudly at that, then I'd rather pop on my headphones to hear my music and start drilling away!

heater451
06-27-2002, 08:27 AM
I've played so much in bars/clubs, that it's much easier for me to tune a din out (like so much white/pink noise). I have even played chess, under the same conditions.

If it's silent, then I'm more easily distracted by individual things, whereas a near-sensory overload of movement and music doesn't bother me as much!

Q-guy
06-27-2002, 08:43 AM
There is almost no such thing as silence in a public. The quieter it gets the more disturbing even the least little sound becomes. Background music can act as a white noise and drowns out noises that may actually become annoying. I would not agree with some of the peoples choices in music. I think if the music is something you may begin to pay attention to and sing along with, it would be a distraction. Music that is just there, but you are not aware it is even playing is beneficial in a public place. Without the music, every sound in the place seem to become magnified. I played in some tournaments in Europe and they had classical music playing in the background. It was not only very classy, but was very pleasant to play to.

MikeM
06-27-2002, 08:57 AM
A spot in this year's World Championships in Cardiff!!

MM...you're welcome

SPetty
06-27-2002, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> Here at home I play in silence 85% of the time, unless CC is here and then it's NEVER quiet! <hr></blockquote>Hi JimS,

He is quite a talker isn't he? Makes it easy for shy introverts like me...

SPetty
06-27-2002, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/patrickduerr.htm>http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/patrickduerr.htm</a>
<hr></blockquote>Hi TomBrooklyn,

I believe you win the prize hands-down for the most eclectic artist here - and that's really something in a room of people trying to out-eclectic each other!

Can't wait to remember to give it a listen when I get home or get some headphones...

TomBrooklyn
06-27-2002, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey Tom. Have you been going to Hall of Fame again? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif <hr></blockquote>I haven't gone there lately,Wendy, I've been going more to Park Slope Billiards... I haven't been playing a lot, it's closer to me, the parking's a little better, and it's a little more like a "hangout" than Ovington (HOF) i.e. If you don't play the whole time you are there, it gets adjusted on the clock. BTW, so that no one gets the wrong idea, the vulgar (c)rap I refered to earlier was at Park Slope Billiards, not HOF. I never heard that brand of (c)rap at Ovington (HOF). I guess every place has it's advantages and disadvantages.

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Ah, Park Slope Billiards. I think the CDs that are in the jukebox are in there to cater to the young folk that they get there. Although I heard that since they got their beer license they're getting new clients. I haven't been there since March myself. I don't know how you do it without air conditioning though.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-27-2002, 04:39 PM
Fran,

Silence is golden, but it can be a distraction.
There have been many times that I have played or watched match ups where the only thing you could hear was the cue ball rolling (and I mean rolling) across the table.

I love playing in silence, and that's usually in the finals of a tournament late at nite with just a few people.

Love the silence..

06-27-2002, 05:31 PM
Hiya Wally! Thanks for the greetings back there ahhhh 4 pages ( i'm realy out of sink with these goins on ) your a good guy. Hmmmmmm Black Sabbath eh? For background tunes i kinda like "the oldies" with a warm spot for Canuck bands like...

April Wine

Burton Commings ( Guess Who )

BTO

Trooper

Kim Mitchell

My taist in groups is all over the place though. You should see me shoot on ZZ Top, AC/DC, The Black Crows, The Cars, Realy puts a charge into the Game it does. If i had to pick some easy listening stuff just to practice and relax i might choose The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Doobie Brothers, The Band, Pink Floyd,(to reeeeeeeealy relax LOL) stuff like that. You like the Hagg?! Cool, i like Country and Western too. There's just something deliciously quaint about playing on a shity bar box listening to a bad Country band in the middle of knowwhere and loveing every minuit of it LOL......Wait a minuit, no thats SCARY! lol Later Buds St.

Voodoo Daddy
06-27-2002, 05:57 PM
We have a standard mum bet of $20 and the game continues. One of the owners normally talks a blue streak likes the mum bet...it helps him bare down. I dont say much so it dont apply to me.

Voodoo....just there to hit balls

Rod
06-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Scott,
I know that game, we use to play that sometimes. In recent years we have played that in scotch doubles games. It's one of those deals where the partners have to go over every shot and it takes forever. Some people just can't keep their mouth shut and it costs them. I have to admit sometimes when my partner was about to make a very wrong choice I had to bite my toung!

Harold Acosta
06-27-2002, 08:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr> I'll listen to anything except Rap music. They could rap it up their a.........

Aw c'mon Harold...give Rap a chance...go buy a few CD'S and some baggy clothes and "chill" with the beat../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif or make an anti-rap CD and use the money to build a better cue than a predator.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Give rap a chance? No way Jose? Rap is heard all day long by my 14 year old kid and my wife! You should hear and see some of the Spanish Rappers, it's outrageous! Sexually explicit lirics, and videos! Lawmakers in Puerto Rico are currently proposing to ban the videos from a Local Video TV Station!

I would take all Spanish and American Rap videos, with all Predator cues and burn the SOB's to the ground!

Rap and Predator cues, have no place in my heart!

cheesemouse
06-27-2002, 09:35 PM
Harold Acosta,
Everyone has a right to like or dislike pool equiptment but your hatered of the Preditor cue is phyco~~~~did you have a tramatic experience with one, like accidently running it up your a$$ or maybe all your buddies have them and you can no longer beat them......just what is your problem??????

Voodoo Daddy
06-27-2002, 09:49 PM
So I guess if P-Diddy played with a Predator, that might push Harold over the edge?...Oh my...LMFAO!!!

Voodoo...knows Stevie Ray and Jimi would have played with a Szamboti

PQQLK9
06-28-2002, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> What kind of music do you guys like to listen to while you shoot? I love Classic Rock and prefer the sounds of Led Zeppelin and Cream (I usually wear my headphones while I practice).

What do you like to listen to? <hr></blockquote>

Sometimes I listen to Both types... Country AND Western /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

06-28-2002, 11:28 AM
the one song that really gets me going is the Devil went down to Georgia by the Charlie Danilles band.

Patrick
06-29-2002, 05:24 AM
The soul doesn't like music, it is the human vehicle that does, because of the heart beats.
You like to listen to music with beats because of the beats inside your body. If there would be another race without any heart beats, only a long beep, then they would listen to music with a long beep.
If the body is able to move, then they would enjoy listening to music that changes.
I like to listen to music with very fast beats that changes, because I have very fast muscle twitch fibers. The faster movements you can do with your body, the faster music you like.
You also need to have a high intelligence to understand all the many different sounds, otherwise the music would sound like a mess.
A fast body isn't enough, you also need a fast brain. Fast movements in computer games, like the program ThinkFAST.

A fast body and a fast mind is the reason why you like fast music. Many intelligent humans like classical music, because of the many different sounds. But their body is not good so they like the music slow.

I will create special music for pool, to synchronize the beats to the speed of your muscles, so you will always play with the same rhythm.
Different music for the break too, it starts with small beats and then it ends in a big bang. When you listen to this, you will get consistency in your game.

"BURNING UP( MAIN MIX )." (http://vp3.0catch.com/tera.htm>http://vp3.0catch.com/tera.htm</a>) , <a target="_blank" href=http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1323/1323321.html>"AURORA BOREALIS"</a> , <a target="_blank" href=http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/789/789410.html>"LET THERE BE LIGHT"</a> (Fast beats after 3.22 mins)

Patrick

<font color=green>"I am the truth, the light, and the way"</font color=green>

Voodoo Daddy
06-29-2002, 07:10 PM
DUDE....are you for real?

Voodoo...shaking his head in disbelief

06-29-2002, 07:42 PM
All right, who was responsible for making sure Patrick took his medication today, damnit!?

06-29-2002, 07:45 PM
Lorri thinks Harold may have been beaten over the head with a Predator as a child......failing that, she thinks Cheese may be on to something here...

Alfie
06-29-2002, 07:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> I like to listen to music with very fast beats that changes, because I have very fast muscle twitch fibers.<hr></blockquote> Patrick, stop! You're killin' me! LOL

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> A fast body and a fast mind is the reason why you like fast music. <hr></blockquote> So that's why I like fat, out of shape music.

TomBrooklyn
06-29-2002, 09:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> Quote: TomBrooklyn: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/patrickduerr.htm>http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/patrickduerr.htm</a>
Hi TomBrooklyn,I believe you win the prize hands-down for the most eclectic artist here...<hr></blockquote>Thank you Gayle, but I just offered the above as possibly some good listening while playing pool.

The real musical genius is the composer who wrote one of the pieces at the above site when he was only twelve years old.

Alfie
06-29-2002, 09:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> (quote SPetty)<a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/patrickduerr.htm>http://www.angelfire.com/film/vp3elit/patrickduerr.htm</a>
Hi TomBrooklyn,I believe you win the prize hands-down for the most eclectic artist here...(unquote)
Thank you Gayle, but I just offered the above as possibly some good listening while playing pool.

The real musical genius is the composer who wrote one of the pieces at the above site when he was only twelve years old. <hr></blockquote> That's our own Patrick! Very good!

06-29-2002, 09:58 PM
Get the hell outta here! You can't be serious, can you? Did he even list music in his life's ambitions?

TomBrooklyn
06-29-2002, 11:08 PM
Perhaps for someone of his capabilities, writing an orchestral composition is possible just as a hobby./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

06-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Interesting...international folk tunes with an orchestral production. Cute. I kinda liked the Russian influences, reminded me of the dancing thistles in "Fantasia".