PDA

View Full Version : Bert Kinister Videos

killerstroke
11-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Has anyone ever tried Bert's Mighty X (#11) and Advanced Fundamental (#12) videos? I have his 60 minute workout and Advanced Banking videos. I must say that they have helped my game in many ways. If anyone asks me, I endorse his technique. Lets face it Niels Feijen is one Hell of a player and he uses Bert's system. Thanks

Scott_The_Shot
11-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi Killerstroke,

IF you like Bert's Video's "The Mighty X" is a great addition to your Video Library. Pass on the Advance fundamentals and pick up "The Shotmakers Workout".
The Advanced fundamentals is about practicing one handed, thats about it. The best info on the advanced fundamentals is. Put your cue in your hand at the balance point and relax your hand. The cue will come to rest pointing in a certain direction. That direction (according to Bert) is your body's natural alignment. Line your shot up using the cue at its "resting" position, and align your body up with the shot from the inside of your right groin (right handed).
I do utilize the info but never had the time to draw 10 balls straight back, jacked up one handed (part of the lesson).
Hope this helps.

Scott Lee
11-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Killerstroke...Let's face it, Neils was a hell of a player before he spent some time with Bert. Not taking anything away from Bert, and spending a little time with Bert has probably helped Neils some, it is his dedication to practice, and natural talent that has him where he's at today.

Scott Lee

killerstroke
11-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Thank you Scott the shot for the video update. Scott Lee, good point well taken.

FastJoey
11-21-2005, 11:06 PM
i have a few of his tapes.. everyone of them was worth it...i use the X drill everyday...i think it is the best drill of any out there...

chas1022
02-02-2006, 09:12 AM
I have the mighty x,60 min. workout,6&9 pointed star,safty tape for 8&9 ball. I like his 60 minute workout tape and the pointed star.I don't like the x tape. If u go into a pool room and tear up their table u won't be able to go back. I have tried it just using a stop shot. I gave up on that because I didn't think it really helped my stroke at all.