PDA

View Full Version : Its all Bill's fault.

Qtec
11-21-2005, 09:04 PM
President Clinton announces another record budget surplus
From CNN White House Correspondent Kelly Wallace

September 27, 2000
Web posted at: 4:51 p.m. EDT (2051 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton announced Wednesday that the federal budget surplus for fiscal year 2000 amounted to at least $230 billion, making it the largest in U.S. history and topping last year's record surplus of $122.7 billion.

"Eight years ago, our future was at risk," Clinton said Wednesday morning. "Economic growth was low, unemployment was high, interest rates were high, the federal debt had quadrupled in the previous 12 years. When Vice President Gore and I took office, the budget deficit was $290 billion, and it was projected this year the budget deficit would be $455 billion."

President Clinton announces that the federal budget surplus for fiscal year 2000 is the largest in U.S. history

Instead, the president explained, the $5.7 trillion national debt has been reduced by $360 billion in the last three years -- $223 billion this year alone.

This represents, Clinton said, "the largest one-year debt reduction in the history of the United States."

The US paid $355 billion in interest this year alone.
The National Debt is approaching $9 trillion.

There was a prog on the tv that showed how easy it would be for the dollar to collapse.
Its in dutch but the interviews are mostly with english speakers. I will post the link. Just watch the first 10 mins.

Q

link (http://www.vpro.nl/programma/tegenlicht/afleveringen/24877874/)
click on 'bekijk hier de hele uitzending'. Its on the right, second down.

Gayle in MD
11-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Thanks Q.

Confirms much of what I am reading.

Gayle in Md.

Chopstick
11-22-2005, 05:51 AM
Wonder where he got the money Q. Let's see. When I look at my Social Security Fund all I see is a big fat IOU with his name on it.