PDA

View Full Version : weight screws for Lucasi

06-25-2002, 10:53 PM
I have a 20 0z Lucasi. Lucasi's use weight screws which can be changed.
There is a set of cue weight screws for auction on Ebay. Their size is 3/8 by 16. It includes 1 of each of the following: 16 gr, 24 gr, 36 gr, & 48 gr screws. It also includes 4 half inch 8-32 bumper screws to achieve in between weights.
About how many grams is an ounce?
Does anyone know if this size will fit Lucasi cues?
Does anyone know what something like this costs?
Thanks.

06-25-2002, 11:02 PM
I think an ounce is about 28 grams....

Rod
06-25-2002, 11:45 PM
Eddie, 3/8 x 16 is common but that doesn't mean you have that size. You should take out your old screw to check size,thread pitch and weight. The head of the screw can be different so even though the thread is correct it may not work. You do need to know what you have before any change.

jjinfla
06-26-2002, 07:16 AM
Eddie, Why don't you check the yellow pages and call up a few of the dealers near you? They most likely will put the screw in for you and let you try it. They also have a special tool to remove the end plug so as not to damage it. Jake

06-26-2002, 08:16 AM
Hi Jake.
From waht I've read the rubber bumper screws into the center of the weight screw. It looks like it is just an ordinary phillips head screw on my rubber bumper. I was thinking for about $15 I could buy the set and experiment with a few different weights until I find the one I like the best. But I'll probably just end up continuing to use my cue at it's present weight of 20 oz. I live in a big city, Chicago. But I don't know any dealers around here. And the few pool halls I've been in, I never see anyone doing any repairs. I know Chris's Billiards on the north side advertises a repair man. But when I was there and asking about my joint, the counterman just told me to screw it in part way and bend it by hand to straighten it. I haven't seen any signs of any repair people since I started replaying the past couple months. But I've only played in 3 different pool rooms.

The set consists of four screws
1.---One inch screw weighing -----16 grams
1.---Two inch screw weighting -----24 grams
1.---Three inch screw weighting----36 grams
1.---four inch screw weighting------48 grams
4.---half inch 8-32 bumper screws
You may also cut these screws and achieve any weight in between.
Cashiers Check, Money order or you may pay with credit card through Paypal.com. Buyer to pay $2.00 s/h. Good Luck