View Full Version : Don`t tell me its hot in here again

houseman
11-22-2005, 09:53 PM
This is where I tell my customers to go when they think its hot at D&D

http://www.thebilliardstour.com/billiards-outdoor-poolhalls.html

SPetty
11-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Cute pics.

Just out of curiosity, why do you try to keep folks from easily getting the URL to those pictures?

Rich R.
11-23-2005, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Cute pics.

Just out of curiosity, why do you try to keep folks from easily getting the URL to those pictures?
<hr /></blockquote>
I don't know houseman's reason, but unauthorized use of copyrighted photographs is illegal.
In all cases, the original photographer is presumed to own the copyright for a photograph, unless they give someone permission to use it.

Trust me, this can get messy. I'm in the middle of a situation now, because someone used some of my photographs, without permission. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

houseman
11-23-2005, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Cute pics.

<hr /></blockquote>

Safety reasons for copy write stuff.

SPetty
11-23-2005, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> ...unauthorized use of copyrighted photographs is illegal.

Trust me, this can get messy. I'm in the middle of a situation now, because someone used some of my photographs, without permission.<hr /></blockquote>Of course. That's why folks include a copyright statement with their photos or better, a watermark of some sort.

In this case, I'd be real surprised if houseman owned the copyright to the pictures. It doesn't take much "savvy" to get the URL to the pictures, I was just curious why folks do that.

Rich, were your pics on a web site somewhere?

Rich R.
11-23-2005, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Rich, were your pics on a web site somewhere?
<hr /></blockquote>
No, they weren't hijacked from a web site. It's a long story, but they were used on a web site without my permission.

wolfdancer
11-23-2005, 12:09 PM
neat pix...i'm wondering though, how you level a table in the sand?
Hope the gang at Downingtown,Pa have a nice Thanksgiving.