PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Deeman3
11-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Happy Thankgiving to all. Even if you think you have little to be thankful for, just look around and you can find someone in worse condition. Be thankful for each day we are given.

May everyone stay safe and return to our little family in good health and spirits. You are all special.

Deeman

Rich R.
11-23-2005, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Happy Thankgiving to all. Even if you think you have little to be thankful for, just look around and you can find someone in worse condition. Be thankful for each day we are given.

May everyone stay safe and return to our little family in good health and spirits. You are all special. <hr /></blockquote>
And the same to you Deeman.

I think we all have a lot to be thankful for and I hope everyone has safe travels, this holiday weekend.

SPetty
11-23-2005, 10:39 AM
<font color="brown">May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize.
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving!</font color>

Sid_Vicious
11-23-2005, 10:47 AM
I am thankful I have a roof over my head, food to eat, a car to drive, my health(first on the list) and most definitely my good friends. I once heard that the persentage of people in the world without jusy the roof over their heads put me into a small percentage of the populus of lucky people, which at the time really made me think. Yea Dee, it's a time to look around and compare, AND BE THANKFULL. Y'all have a great holiday in Bama...sid~~~tons more to be thankful

wolfdancer
11-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Deeman, happy Thanksgiving to you as well. If'n yer going
to go out and shoot a turkey for dinner ( I assume you good ole boys wouldn't be caught dead, buying a frozen one )
here's a tip....don't underestimate the intelligence of them
Ala turkeys; been known to outsmart many a local hunter down there. And also don't overestimate the intelligence of them thar hunters....I wouldn't wear a brown jacket, and a feathered cap....wouldn't be using a turkey call
" I'm sorry 'bout yer husband maa'm, he looked like a turkey, sounded like a turkey....."
Well, this old turkey, hopes you n yers, has a great day, jjd

Deeman3
11-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Sid,

When living overseas, I worked with a group called Artz Ohne Grenza (Doctor's without Borders) in my spare time. They had some stats that went like, 75% of the world's population have never riden in a motorized vehicle. 72% have never talked on a telephone, 76% have never had electricity, etc. 80% have never had clean drinking water...It was unbelievable but if you consider China, India and parts of Africa, it is possible. My doaugther, now in Camaroon, says that many there believe using a condom once will protect you forever from AIDS! She councils young girls everyday that are pregnant and have AIDS, so, I look at my bad shoulder and a toothache and say, "What the hell have I got to gripe about?"

The worst among us are blessed.

Deeman

Sid_Vicious
11-23-2005, 12:44 PM
AMEN BROTHER...SID

9 Ball Girl
11-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Right back atcha babe!

cueball1950
11-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Right back at ya deeman. looks like we are going to have a WHITE turkey day........................mike

Gayle in MD
11-23-2005, 10:01 PM
What a beautiful post, Deeman, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you, and yours, and to all the other CCBers. Reading this thread is touching, and each post special. I hope all will be safe, happy, and well stuffed with great food and family, and most of all with love.

My thoughts tonight are about those who suffer and hunger and struggle, and of the angels among them, who reach to assuage their strife. My thoughts are with our young men and women who long to be just where we are tonight. May they all come home soon, safe and sound.

Love to all, and to all, BE LOVE.
Gayle in Md.

sack316
11-24-2005, 05:52 AM
Thanks Dee and all who posted in this thread. Most of y'all know where I was a little over a year ago. And since turkey day last year it's been an uphill struggle all the way. I've been without a car or even a drivers license, which has made finding a god job nearly impossible-- much being able to get to it if I were to find something decent. I had to serve off my jail time, deal with a ton of BS from my subsequent probation that just seems to continue to add up in terms of money and time spent on it. I've had to borrow money just to pay rent and eat from time to time. Lost loved ones, and just overall have had probably the most trying year of my young life. And you know what? I'd consider myself as one of the most fortunate and blessed persons in the world.

First off I'm still alive when by all rights I shouldn't be. I've discovered the true meaning and value of friendship and family. My relationship with God is good, and I'm still sober over 14 months now. While I don't have very much on one hand, I have so very much in reality. And to think, if not for all the bad things, I seriously doubt I would realize exactly how good all the truly good things are.

Add on top of that the great friends I have here--- people I have never met face to face that still take time from their lives in order to help me (and others) out when needed. Yeah, I'm I pretty lucky guy. I doubt I could ever express in words the true gratitude I have, but suffice to say I have a whole lot to be thankful for on this day.

Sack

dg-in-centralpa
11-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Same to you Deeman. We had a dusting of snow last night. Now I'm ready for spring. I'm thankful to be alive when I could have been dead earlier this year. I'm thankful for all my CCB friends who called, sent cards, and supported Mrs DG and myself with love and prayers while I was in the hospital. This is a great day for me.

DG

Fran Crimi
11-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Have a great day, Deeman, and happy Thanksgiving to all.

Turkey Day (http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i=382219626&amp;m=1652&amp;rr=y&amp;sou)

supergreenman
11-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Happy Turkey day to all of you south of the 49th /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hope you all have time to spend with the ones you love cuz really when it comes down to it they're the only thing that's more important than pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

James