PDA

View Full Version : Bush...He's no Kennedy...Here's proof

Gayle in MD
11-26-2005, 09:00 AM
This comes from the link in Wolfdancer's great post, entitled "He Also Had A Dream." W"hile reading it, I couldn't help being reminded of the difference between having a millionaire president who cares about and has regard for the interests of the commom working man, and a millionaire president whose first concern is to line his pocket and the pockets of his rich buddies....compare this, to GW and his no bid deals....and corporate tax cuts...

"In this serious hour in our Nation's history, when we are confronted with grave crisis in Berlin and Southeast Asia, when we are devoting our reservists to leave their homes and families for months on end, and servicemen to risk their lives---and four were killed in the last two days in Viet-Nam, and asking Union Members to hold down their wage requests at a time when restraint and sacrifice are being asked of every citizen, the American People will find it hard, as I do, to accept a situation in which a tiny handful of Steel executives (Read Halliburton, Read Oil) whose persuit of private power and profit exceeds thier sense of public responsibility, can show such utter contempt for the interests of 185 million Americans."

Compare that to the Repiglican Persident we have now!

Gayle in Md....

Fran Crimi
11-26-2005, 10:31 AM
What action did he take, and did it work?

Are you okay with the fact that the President of the United States was sleeping with a Mafia Boss's girlfriend?

Fran

Sid_Vicious
11-26-2005, 11:19 AM
"Are you okay with the fact that the President of the United States was sleeping with a Mafia Boss's girlfriend?"

What's the relevance? Who's death or who's economic demise did JFK's playtime cause? Who we all choose to sleep with, Kennedy included, is between ourselves and God. This goofball of a prez now is F'ing us all. I wish he WOULD clean his pipes instead of screwing with all of this contry's prosperity, just to fatten his and his buddies wallets.

You make a weak comparision which I find non connected to the subject. I'll answer you though. NO! i don't care that he slept with whomever. It didn't kill or impoverish anyone I know. Bush on the other hand...sid

Fran Crimi
11-26-2005, 11:34 AM
The President of the United States put himself in a compromising position with the FBI, the CIA and the Mafia, and you don't think that's significant?

Fran

DebraLiStarr
11-26-2005, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Compare that to the Repiglican Persident we have now!

Gayle in Md.... <hr /></blockquote>

Are you still in the 3rd grade?

Repiglican? Grow up.

Once again your criticism is not accompanied with a viable solution to any of the problems you have brought to the surface. You could add validity to your stance by presenting facts and ideas about how to solve the problem you are complaining about. You touch upon class values and you fail to do anything with it except to use it as a weapon. Your across the board - communistic, anti-capitalist statements lead me to believe that you live in the wrong country. Communism is an ideology that upholds equality by demanding an end to private wealth while insisting on public ownership of property and the means of production. I'm sorry, but I don't need my government to limit how successful I should be, and I damn sure don't need them trying to penalize me for my success either. People have fought and died to protect the way of life that you openly have disdain for. Your overall solution (the only one I have seen in any of your posts) is to get Bush out of the White House. In Jan 2009, that's going to happen anyway. You can bash him from now until kingdom come, but energy would be better spent looking for solutions designed to rectify all of these problems that make the American Liberal unhappy. Use your energy to find an electable candidate for 2008. Hillary would lose against Quayle if they held the election today - and you guys would whine and call foul once again. All I hear is a bunch of crybabies with nothing better to do than to piss and moan. Success breeds success. Lack of success breeds whining and fingerpointing. You'd do well to remember that.

nAz
11-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Yo Fran how are you doing and when are we going to play?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> What action did he take, and did it work?

Are you okay with the fact that the President of the United States was sleeping with a Mafia Boss's girlfriend?

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Some might think that sleeping with a mobsters GF is nothing compared to our current Prez sleeping with the Saudis and our own big oil companies.

wolfdancer
11-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Fran, look at the bright side....at least she wasn't a Republican....JFK knew where to draw the line.

Fran Crimi
11-26-2005, 01:51 PM
What kind of relationship do you think Kennedy had with the Saudis? How do you think he would treat them today? Would he have tried to secretly overthrow their government too?

Who in their right mind would be so arrogant and stupid, as to sleep with the girlfriend of a mob boss while they were President of the United States?

Fran

Fran Crimi
11-26-2005, 02:04 PM
I think he would have been much better off sleeping with a Republican than Sam Giancana's girlfriend.

...."I help you win your campaign, I give you my girlfriend, and you betray me like this? Giovanni has to go."

Rudy went after the mob, but there were never any mixed signals coming from him. They knew where they stood with him from the beginning.

Fran

DickLeonard
11-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Debra don't give me that people have died to protect us bullshut. Why is it that the soldier dies while the Industrial Complex reaps the rewards. Only a fool would be fighting with his life so a corporation can reap the rewards.

Once one life is to be risked all corporations should come under the govts control. No Profits,nothing but supplying the war efforts. Then you would see no wars or anything like one.Why should some Corp profit by a soldiers death when they are risking nothing. You get a notice from a President who when it was his chance to serve shunned his duty if fact you cannot retrieve his service record and a Vice Pres. who had 5 deferments.

Only a fool would fight for this country. This from a person who had two brothers career servicemen. War if for the dumb,poor and unconnected.

Watch the 2006 elections the Republican House will be overturned and the Democrats will start the Impeachment Process. You now see Rep Congressmen not wanting to be Seen with The President. You know they realize that He has Jeopardized their re-election. ####

wolfdancer
11-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Yeah, you eastern, elitist, effete, pinko, commie, liberal...we're wise to you. You might live in that $600k house in Ocean City....but you probably go scavanging on the beach for returnable bottles to make ends meet...all the while,planning along with your fellow libs, on how to redistribute the wealth, by taking it away from the folks that worked hard for it.

nAz
11-27-2005, 04:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> What kind of relationship do you think Kennedy had with the Saudis?
<hr /></blockquote> <font color="red">
I'm not certain maybe making sure they were stable and that the oil flowed uninterrupted, i do not think that the Kennedy family had so many business ties with the monarch like the bUSH family as well as dIck has. then again I'm sure that is all innocent. </font color>

How do you think he would treat them today?
<font color="red"> I don't know how he would be treating them today I doubt anyone could accurately answer that.</font color>

Would he have tried to secretly overthrow their government too?
<font color="red">Again i don't know maybe if they tried to go communist I'm sure he and most of the country @ that or this time would approved of him doing so. </font color>

Who in their right mind would be so arrogant and stupid, as to sleep with the girlfriend of a mob boss while they were President of the United States? <font color="red">
Ha i agree with that takes a lot of balls to do but i guess since his father was so "tight" with the mob that he didn't think twice about doing so... best way to stay in touch with the underworld. yeah maybe she was a conduit to both of them. </font color>

Fran

Who in their right mind would be so arrogant and stupid as to try to invade an Arab country and believe they would "greet us as great liberators, throwing flowers at our feet"? who in thier right mind would reelect a person like that?

Gayle in MD
11-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Fran,

I think that each president creates a mood in the country through his speeches, and his actions. I, for one, have no interest in other people's sex lives, or religion, nor do I think that either is an issue in the performance of a president, although repiglicans have wasted billions due to the right wing obsession with the private sex lives of politicians, while they themselves are no different, and no better in regard to their own piccadillos. Men are men, and soom things never change, no matter how much money you waste as voyuers, Jefferson's secret tunnels to Sally's bedroom happened long long ago, and men will be indulging in their extra curriculars long after we are all gone and burried.

You ask what Kennedy gave to us, and the first thing that comes to my mind is the Peace Corp, if you want specifics. Also, he used diplomacy to divert the first and most severe threat to date to our nation in the Cuban Missile Crises, and it worked, and not a shot was fired. IOW, his first and most preferred action was not to turn to military action. But he was prepared to protect us and defend us. But his affect on our nation was more valuable than any one contribution he made. He was a uniter, who never forgot that every man, woman and child in our country deserved equal treatment, not just the wealthy. And, he was loved not only here, but all over the world, hence the great respect that America enjoyed in his tenure, unlike today.

Americans are being gouged by the Oil Corporations, and the Pharmaceutical Industry. You will find that both industries gave hundreds of thousands to the Bush campaigns. The Bush family has been in bed with the Saudis for decades, and the Saudis invested in George Bush's first and failed attempt to be a big oil man in Texas. Wonder why they would invest in oil in Texas when they sit on more oil than any other nation? His handholding with the Prince of Saudi Arabia, where most of the Highjackers on 911 came from, is a good clue about where and with whom his loyalties lay, IMO. His immediate effort to fly the Saudis, and bin Laden's relatives out of this country, when all other planes were grounded, tells me a great deal about who he is and how he operates. Not one of them were interrogated, but rather wisked away. Their safety being his first concern while our nation was under attack.

Watching him sit dumbfounded and frozen in time when our country was under attack, reading in a classroom, was a sight I will never forget.

His tax policies, and his spending habits, have mortgaged the future of our kids and grand kids. It is unheard of to cut taxes in wartime, and not good for our country, IMO.

He has done nothing to stop illegal immigration to this country, in spite of the fact that our economy is being drained by illegal immigration.

He has turned his head the other way while our jobs are being outsourced to other countries, which his policies encourage, and big corporations practice profiteering during wartime.

His cloak of secrecy regarding the torture of prisoners, and the receiving of the bodies of troops who have died in service to this country, says a lot to me about who he is and how he operates.

The secret meetings with oil executives, who gouge Americans daily, during wartime, and rake in exorbitant profits as the country struggles to re-build devasted areas from hurricanes, and pay for Bush's War, and while this country sinks deeper and deeper in debt to China, disgracful. His tax policies continue to favor most the wealthy among us, and our poverty levels rise to higher and higher levels, a disgrace.

This administration will go down as the worst this country has ever had to overcome. George Bush is the worst president of my lifetime. The results of his actions and inactions have devasted this country, and our reputation around the world. His policies have greatly increased the hatred against our country, and the welfare of its citizens.

A great majority of us in this country have seen through his lies and deceit, the incompetence of his administration, and the failure of his policies. The corruption of the republican, repiglicans on the hill has only just begun to surface. The months to follow will reveal much more about their money mongering illegal actions as Delay, Safavion, Abrahmoff and Company continue to be investigated.

But nothing, nothing has hurt America more than showing the world that our system of checks and balances failed to expose in time a faulty case for war, embroidered by an administration who refused to heed the warnings of impending attack against America, and then flew off half cocked into a war which has accomplished nothing to assuage our problems with extremist Muslims around the world, but has increased their numbers and determination. These are mistakes, Kennedy would never have made, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-27-2005, 06:34 AM
Rudy screwed around on his wife for years, and then tried to put both she and their kids out on the street. How come Rudy's piccadillos didn't bother you Fran. Just look at what kind of man the NYPD Chief, Rudy's cohort, turned out to be.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Tap Tap Tap! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
11-27-2005, 06:40 AM
LMAO... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
11-27-2005, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Also, he used diplomacy to divert the first and most severe threat to date to our nation in the Cuban Missile Crises, and it worked, and not a shot was fired. <hr /></blockquote>

Diplomacy??? He sent the strongest navy in the world to Cuba. They backed down because they knew if they didn't, Kennedy would certainly have used whatever force necessary. If they hadn't backed off, Cuba would have been a big rock in the ocean. Sadam wasn't that smart. He chose to defy the UN and the US. Since the UN was too weak and ineffective to call his bluff, someone else had to.

Gayle in MD
11-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Saddam was of no immediate threat, bin Laden was, and still is. Insurgency has increased, not only in Iraq, but everywhere in the surrounding countries. Extremist Muslims have recruited thousands more to their cause. War in Iraq has accomplished nothing to prevent terror attacks, they have in fact increased, all over the world, and in Iraq. Ultimately, Iraq will fall into civil war, which is what would have probably happened if we had just had Saddam and his top cabinet assasinated, and there would be over two thousand young Americans alive today that have died for Iraqis who throw stones at them, and want them to get out of their country.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Talk about re-writing history!!! The inspectors were saying their were no WMD's, Bush wouldn't listen, he couldn't wait another month to let them finish their jobs. Instead, he held back from the Congress and the Sentate all the intelligence which did not support his pre-presidential plan to attack Iraq, lied to everyone, then sent our boys overthere with Rumsfeld calling the shots, a man with no war experience, while ignorring the advice of four and five star generals. Our troops didn't even have body armor! All he has accomplished is to kill thousands of people who never hurt anyone, while the terrorist population has increased, yet you can continue to defend his policies?????

Blind Faith and denial....the way of the right.

Fran Crimi
11-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Gayle, my question about what action did he take was regarding the quote you posted. What action did he take and how did it turn out? I'm asking seriously because I don't know.

Fran

9 Ball Girl
11-27-2005, 10:09 AM
A president slept with a Mafioso's GF. Another president received fellatio from an intern. I wonder how many other president's did similar if not worse (think orgies though I don't see that as being worse) and we don't know about it. A man, regardless of how powerful, will be a man before anything else.

Wendy~~~thinks maybe GW could use a BJ

Fran Crimi
11-27-2005, 10:35 AM
You mean this, Gayle?

Mayor Designates Estranged Wife a Ferret, Seeks to Have Her Banned From Gracie Mansion as Health Hazard

Rudolph Giuliani announced that Donna Hanover is not a stuck pig but a small-eyed weasel whose presence in the official mayoral residence violates the law. Says Giuliani, "She tried to bite me."

--New York Times, Digest, July 23, 2001

Sure it bothers me. I don't think anyone should carry on while they're in public office. It's nasty stuff. He filed for divorce citing cruel and inhuman treatment, and a year later, she filed citing adultry. During the time they were legally separated, she refused to leave the Mansion. I guess that's where you meant he tried to throw her and the kids onto the street. I do think, however, that 'onto the street' probably would have been someplace pretty cushy. You know, there's two sides to every story. He did marry "the other woman."

But you have to look at the era invloved. First of all, exposing JFK as an adulturer back in the early '60s would have been bad enough, but exposing him as cheating on Jackie, who everybody adored, would have been a terrible scandal. He knew that and so did the FBI and CIA.

But to be exposed having an affair with a mob boss's girlfriend would have really sent the country into a tailspin. He would have been finished as a credible President. Sleeping with the enemy? He may very well have wound up resigning, or even impeached.

The big question is, to what lengths would he have gone in order to prevent it from leaking out? Great lengths? It put him in a horribly compromising position with Hoover. Now, that's a scary thought.

Fran

dg-in-centralpa
11-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Gayle,

I hope that when the next prez comes, more than likely a democrat, that you will be just as hard on them as you are on GW, or any GOP. Nobody's perfect. Every prez has had their own mistakes. Even the great humanitarian Carter. He gave away the Panama Canal, he was a wimp with the Iran hostages.

DG

DebraLiStarr
11-27-2005, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>

Only a fool would fight for this country. <hr /></blockquote>

That is a disgusting comment.

Any impeachment process would be completely retaliatory - and it would be a waste of time, money and effort - just like when the GOP tried to do it to Clinton. Like I said in my last post, instead of pissing and moaning with your keyboard - work towards finding an "electable candidate" - Hillary won't win. Find somebody that supports your Marxist views of absolute governmental control and put their name on the ballot as a Communist. Let them come right out and tell everyone that they plan on penalizing every six figure annual income to support people and issues that are caused by this type of thinking. This thinking is started by people that are unwilling to do anything to advance themselves in the world - so they exercise governmental control on those that do succeed - they would rather sit back and point up in the sky at the people that have worked their asses off to get somewhere in life. Unlimited potential for success is what America is supposed to be about - being the best - its not about being a whiney sect of Marxists sitting around in a circle feeling sorry for ourselves and singing Kumbaya. If you want something to change, find your candidate. Bush is out next election. Hillary won't win, neither will Ted Kennedy, or Algore.

If some of you think too harsh on ####'s comments and Gayle's comments - here is a link to website that shares their views.

Communist Party USA (http://www.cpusa.org/)

Read some of the stuff that is at this website and you will see that you are supporting a socialist-communist agenda - not a liberal agenda. Congratulations.

JPB
11-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I don't think Bush will be regarded kindly by history. However, kennedy's treatment by historians says more about the historians than his administration. Kennedy was a lousy president. If anything, it was his immaturity and recklessness which scared the Soviets in the Cuban Missle Crisis, which was obviously the biggest event in his short presidency. The skewed view of the kennedy family has always puzzled me. Say what you will about the current president, but to hold kennedy out as an example of a good president isn't accurate IMO.

nAz
11-27-2005, 02:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>

Only a fool would fight for this country. <hr /></blockquote>

That is a disgusting comment.

<hr /></blockquote>

Hi baby doll, Taken in the context Dick put it in i do not find it disgusting, If i thought that this war was being fought to make rich people richer and are security concerns second then hell yeah he is right on the mark.

BTW i met and have spoken with Dick the man is far from being a Marxist he is just very passionate about the plight of poor people here and abroad. and not for nothing when i hear $300 billion plus being spent (probably wasted) in Iraq it bothers the sh!t out of me. when that money could be used here to help the poor and the middle class or just to rebuilt are infrastructure.

wolfdancer
11-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Debra, your fears are unfounded. Communism has failed as both an economic and political system. Even the Chinese are now better capitolists then we are (let's hope they don't call in their notes).
It's only practiced mainly in Cuba, N. Korea, and Wal-Mart (where the associates, workers, share the glory, while the profits go to the state, er, estates, of the Waltons).
We survived Woodrow Wilson, and his leftist "League of Nations"...and commie inspired reforms, like prohibiting child labor, an 8 hour day for railroad employees....and a fed income tax...
We survived William DuBois, who founded the NAACP, and ironically died on the day another man with "commie" ideas, gave a famous speech, MLK.Jr.
We survived Harry Bridges,who may have been a Communist, and his famous ILA strike, which led to a general strike, and shut down the city of San Francisco...worker's rights...just a euphemism for Communism.
We survived the strikes against Ford Motor Co in the late 30's and early 40's,where estimates place the number of commies in the UAW at 250, which included the editor of their newspaper.Fortunately, the Nazi loving, Jew hating Henry Ford had his right wing Goon squad, to put down these "Reds"
We survived Communist support of the labor movements in the 30's...even survived the noted rabble rousing, Woodie Guthrie, and his comrade, Pete Seeger, who went around to the labor camps, singing the Commie inspired "This Land is your Land..."
We got thru President Roosevelt's socialistic WPA, the Mad Bomber, Harry S. Truman(wait, maybe Darryl Lamonica was the mad bomber) We outlived the radical ideas of JFK, stumbled along with LBJ, and somehow survived even Jimmy Carter, and Wild Bill Clinton....and never even thought of turning to Communism. Along the way we even defeated at the polls, Henry Wallace and his Progressive Party. Arthur Schlesinger though calls him the best Secretary of Agriculture, we ever had, but a naive politician, and a mystic......and he was a noted liberal...I mean how communistic is that?

Whenever the country leaned too far left, visionaries like Eisenhower, Nixon, Agnew, Reagan, Bush, and now Bush Reloaded, were there to get us back to our roots...plantations and slaves (at least it meant full employment)
Chanches are we'll survive the next Democratic President, even if it's Hillary, or Rudy. In the meantime, I hope we surive the President we now have....the one God elected...the voters sure didn't.
As a footnote....I had an economics teacher, who had the idea that Christ and the Apostles, were the first true communists. Imagine that, if he's right....GWB is relying on a Commie to guide him.

nAz
11-27-2005, 02:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
As a footnote....I had an economics teacher, who had the idea that Christ and the Apostles, were the first true communists. Imagine that, if he's right....GWB is relying on a Commie to guide him. <hr /></blockquote>

ha hehe Bwahahahahaa oh Mercy!!

Fran Crimi
11-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Somehow I wound up posting this to myself by mistake. I meant for it to be posted after yours:

Gayle, my question about what action did he take was regarding the quote you posted. What action did he take and how did it turn out? I'm asking seriously because I don't know.

Fran

wolfdancer
11-27-2005, 04:24 PM
the proof is in the pudding...."Hasty Pudding", that is
I'll take that over the "Bonesmen" every day

wolfdancer
11-27-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wendy~~~thinks maybe GW could use a BJ <hr /></blockquote>

"ask not what your country can do for you: Ask what you can
do for your country."

Sid_Vicious
11-27-2005, 08:34 PM
"Gayle,

I hope that when the next prez comes, more than likely a democrat, that you will be just as hard on them as you are on GW, or any GOP."

Count on that. Gayle simply cares for honesty and the betterment of the American interest...sid

Gayle in MD
11-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Believe me, if he lies about issues that lead us into a war, and runs up a raging deficit, encourages Corporations to ship our jobs overseas with his tax policies, and ignores an influx of illegal aliens, I will be against him, regardless of his party affiliation. I have been Republican, and Democrat, and Independent in my years. My concerns are about the issues we face, and those whom I feel are responsible. The managing of the war has been a dismal disgrace, and our young folks are paying the price for a bunch of inept, irresponsible idiots, namely, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice. How very unrealistic they have been to send our people overthere to build a mansion with two nails. The misguided idea that they could force with fire power, democracy, on an area whose inhabitants have been in battle with one another forever, proves to me that they don't have a clue what they are doing. They played right into bin Laden's hands. This is exactly what he wanted. Bush has strengthened bL's cause, and the determination of those who hate us, and support for bL is now greater than ever among extremist muslims. I would never support any president who failed to use war only as a last resort, and left out intelligence, and exagerated the facts that would lead this country into war. He sould be impeached, and Cheney should be indicted for lying to the Congress and the Senate, which is a felony. They did what they WANTED to do, instead of going all out after bin Laden. He is still not captured, you know. It is very simple, Saddam did not plan and execute 9/11, about which I, for one, am still furious. Fighting a war in the desert, does absolutely nothing to protect us from another attack by alQeada, nothing.

Gayle in Md. I don't blindly follow any administration.

Gayle in MD
11-28-2005, 01:21 AM
LOL, Fran, I don't know either....but I think it was great that he spoke out against it. Now, if I heard Bush boiling over Halliburton gouging us in Iraq, instead of giving them no bid contracts, or mad over the influx of illegal aliens, or still angry and determined to get bin Laden, instead of saying, "I don't know where he is, he's hiding, I don't think about him" that would be good. I don't think that most people understand how many ways his policies hurt the poor, the middle and even upper middle class, and advantage the extremely wealthy. We have a whole generation of young people out there who think they know about economics, and they don't have a clue about what Bush is doing to our country. They don't even know what communism is, LOL.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-28-2005, 06:26 AM
Debra I don't know about Al Gore he won once maybe people would feel sorry for the screwing he took and elect him. It is sort of like Paul Newman winning the Oscar for "The Color of Money". The Movie Industry knew Paul was Screwed on "The Hustler" role. So they felt sorry and gave it to him for "The Color of Money".####

eg8r
11-28-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, Fran, I don't know either....but I think it was great that he spoke out against it. <hr /></blockquote> Your subject says, "Here's the proof", however when you are questioned on the proof, all you have is a giggle and an "I don't know". I guess a few words to warm your heart is all the proof you will need.

eg8r

eg8r
11-28-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Diplomacy??? He sent the strongest navy in the world to Cuba. They backed down because they knew if they didn't, Kennedy would certainly have used whatever force necessary. If they hadn't backed off, Cuba would have been a big rock in the ocean. Sadam wasn't that smart. He chose to defy the UN and the US. Since the UN was too weak and ineffective to call his bluff, someone else had to. <hr /></blockquote> Highsea has had this discussion with Gayle in the past and I am sure she still is not ready to hear the truth.

eg8r

pooltchr
11-28-2005, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Diplomacy??? He sent the strongest navy in the world to Cuba. They backed down because they knew if they didn't, Kennedy would certainly have used whatever force necessary. If they hadn't backed off, Cuba would have been a big rock in the ocean. Sadam wasn't that smart. He chose to defy the UN and the US. Since the UN was too weak and ineffective to call his bluff, someone else had to. <hr /></blockquote> Highsea has had this discussion with Gayle in the past and I am sure she still is not ready to hear the truth.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

That's obvious by the fact that she didn't address it in her reply...she just went off on her usual rant.
I'm done trying to get through to her...my golden retreiver has a more open mind.
Steve

catscradle
11-28-2005, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> What action did he take, and did it work?

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Oh we mustn't forget driving an already very unstable movie star over the edge to suicide.

Kennedy may or may not have turned out to be a good President, I don't know. However he did nothing except the Cuban missle crisis that I consider special. Even at that he could have started WW III (the really big one). He "talked the talk", but he never "walked the walk". Maybe he would have, given the chance, but we'll never know the answer to that question.

No Kennedy has done anything of note other than play the political game real well.

catscradle
11-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Gayle, Bush may or may not be a screw-up, some of us don't think so, but please don't be so naive to think Kennedy was any different from every other politician and/or rich SOB. Despite his talk, he is the one who started us down the path to Vietnam when he cranked up the barely perceptable foothold Ike had to an "advisory capacity". He paved the way for that other Democratic icon LBJ to really throw us in head over heels. Politicians of all colors are the same, wake up and use your eyes and your ears.
Go ahead and attack Bush if you must, but they are all the same.

Gayle in MD
11-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Tap Tap Tap!

Gayle in Md. Well said friend.

Gayle in MD
11-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Nam was a horrible mistake, one that Bush and company obviously have forgotten. They have created a scenario which is by many standards much worse. All has come about just as they were warned by others more knowlegable and with much more war experience, we broke it, now we own it. My post is only an example of one president speaking out against the gouging of the American people during war time, something that Bush would never do, hence the secret meetings between Cheney and the oil executives.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
11-28-2005, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> What action did he take, and did it work?

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Oh we mustn't forget driving an already very unstable movie star over the edge to suicide.

Kennedy may or may not have turned out to be a good President, I don't know. However he did nothing except the Cuban missle crisis that I consider special. Even at that he could have started WW III (the really big one). He "talked the talk", but he never "walked the walk". Maybe he would have, given the chance, but we'll never know the answer to that question.

No Kennedy has done anything of note other than play the political game real well.
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I guess Kennedy got UN approval for the Bay of Pigs? Wait, did he get a resolution for his unilateral actions in the Missle Crisis?

All presidents are rememebred more fondly with the passage of time. Even Carter, who couldn't get a bill passed to save his neck or any meaningful, lasting work until he introduced his carpentry skills. The excitement of his being attacked by a giant rabbit and seeing flying saucers didn't diminish his charm to the left even with his faith on his sleeve!. LBJ was a racist, who's lies should now make GWB look like a saint, are glossed over by most.

Kennedy was a war hero, something the left might otherwise chuckle at but for their wish to make a republican president look like a draft dodger, at least he served somewhere while everyone on the left overlooked Clinton's
avoiding service altogether.

Instead of trying to write history ourselves, let the historians do so in good time. You vilified Reagan, but all your leaders lined up to glorify him when he died. Was this intellectual dishonesty or just becuse a great man was no longer a threat to you in elections? Did your leaders lie, just to be politically correct?

I laugh at your insistence that GWB used bad judgement in waiting for 8 minutes when the nation was under attack and how you glorify your party leader who drove off a bridge and killed a young woman and waited hours and hours to report it ( I think it is the left that says, "One death is too many, unless it si a Kennedy at the wheel.) Double standard for the Kennedy's. you bet. Their Dad made millions off the backs of the really poor and the sons try to make it up with crippling welfare programs that just furthered the dependency of the poor. Halliburton, at least they are giving high paying jobs to Americans. Did the Kennedy's ever offer to give back those plundered millions, No, they offered everyone your money....

Bush may be wrong, yep, that's right. However, he certainly is not pandering to political interests as the Kennedy's have always done. His friends are getting rich, come on, they are already rich as are the Kennedy's friends. What he may be doing is insuring we have oil, cause if we don't, all your liberal ideals will go out the window. As they say, "If you don't have oil and food and heat, you won't care where it came from." </font color>

Deeman
thankful Bush is not a Kennedy....

supergreenman
11-28-2005, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> A president slept with a Mafioso's GF. Another president received fellatio from an intern. I wonder how many other president's did similar if not worse (think orgies though I don't see that as being worse) and we don't know about it. A man, regardless of how powerful, will be a man before anything else.

Wendy~~~thinks maybe GW could use a BJ <hr /></blockquote>

I pity the poor woman that would have to do that. Oh wait, isn't that Dick Cheneys job?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
11-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Eg8r, I was adding up the points scored by each side in this
"friendly exchange of political views"....and had originally awarded the rightous right, 50 bonus points, for you not addding your two cents
Now I have to deduct them, plus another hundred, penalty points for relying on Highsea's, instead of your own response.

Qtec
11-28-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess Kennedy got UN approval for the Bay of Pigs? Wait, did he get a resolution for his unilateral actions in the Missle Crisis? <hr /></blockquote>

Are you equating a REAL threat on your borders, to an IMAGINARY threat, 6000 miles away ? The Soviet Union to Saddam- a broken down dictator, crippled by years of sanctions?

Dont make me laugh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms. <hr /></blockquote>Groucho Marx

Q.

Gayle in MD
11-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Just more right spin, lol. That's all they know how to do, twist the facts. Bush still says "They voted for the war" When in fact, they voted to give him the power to arrange for allies, if in fact it turned out that SH had in fact reinstituted his WMD's, so Bush and Cheney just left out info against their desire to fight in Iraq, and trumped up what they could glue together. Kennedy, BTW was one who did not vote for it. And Hilliary is acting like a whore, not taking any stands, afraid she won't get the nomination...disgusting. I hope she doesn't run. In fact, I would vote for McCain before I would vote for Hilliary. I hope Biden runs, with Feinstein or Murtha as a running mate.

Gayle in Md. Disappointed in Hilliary, and in my used to be literary hero, Bob Woodward.....speaking out against the investigation, without revealing his inside knowledge...not good.

wolfdancer
11-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Deeman, I wish Gayle had never began this thread,comparing GWB to JFK. As I see it, everytime a new charge is leveled against GWB,
instead of responding directly to that, his followers try to draw a comparision to someone else's wrongs.....
like trying to make Ted Bundy less evil, by comparing him to John Gacey.
The only valid comparision I can cite is....there has never been a President so vilified in print, then GWB. When so many "insiders" so many knowledgeable people add to what has already been written....well, where there's smoke......
Replying to your points:
I think missiles aimed at the U.S. from 90 miles away,with a fanatical, anti-American, communist,leader posed a bigger threat, then the still misssing WMD's several thousand miles away.
Carter was a good man, who wasn't a great politician...at least there was no scandal in his admin.
Yes, LBJ was a rascist....and a schrewd politician.H e was also known to have conducted interviews, while sitting on the toilet...probably trying to embaress the interviewer.
Why would the "left" laugh at JFK's war record, and heroism?
That statement is perplexing.....
Yes Clinton dodged the draft...and a Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces....without any military background is bothersome....fortunately GWB had experience serving in the National guard.
But I'm sure all President's rely on the counsel of their Joint chief's...well, maybe not all...I don't think President "Strangelove" sought out any.
I can't think of anything good, nor bad, to write about Reagan.
And why would you laugh at the idea that GWB did nothing for 8 minutes after hearing that we were under attack?
That could have just been the first of nationwide attacks...and the nation needed to see immediate, strong leadership.We'll never compare GWB with Winston Churchill, or even FDR, who calmed their respective nations, when they were in a time of extreme crisis.
How long would he wait if missiles were launched at us?
And your last paragraph...the most bothersome ....do you honestly believe GWB doesn't pander to political interests?
It's hatred of the "left" and "liberals" that blind people to this flawed admin. And those labels, which somehow are supposed to mean that one is radical, and un-American, are applied to anyone not buying into GWB.....shades of Nazi Germany....
History will judge this Presidency......not too favorably,
I believe.
In the book "God and George W. Bush: A Spiritual Life"
written by the same author that wrote "God and Ronald Reagan...."
this books speaks favorably of GWB.....and GWB believes to this day, that on that day, in Texas, in 1953, when he was 7 years old, he saw his younger sister, in the back seat of the limo, as his parents drove up. She was in fact, dying from leukemia, in a hospital in NYC.
Perhaps it was this same gift of vision, that enabled him to see WMD's, when others could not.

Deeman3
11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Deeman, I wish Gayle had never began this thread,comparing GWB to JFK. As I see it, everytime a new charge is leveled against GWB,
instead of responding directly to that, his followers try to draw a comparision to someone else's wrongs..... <font color="blue"> Yes, but there is no admission of the other's flaws, only an asault on GWB. </font color>
like trying to make Ted Bundy less evil, by comparing him to John Gacey. <font color="blue"> Yes, they are in effect, saying, Ted was really bad but we'll ignore Gacey.</font color>
The only valid comparision I can cite is....there has never been a President so vilified in print, then GWB. <font color="blue"> I might agree but I would modify it to say, "There has never been anyone vilified as much by the left wing media as GWB and the simple fact is that all future presidents will be even more vilified as a result of this." Now that any accusation with or without merit can be slung, it is open season on all from now on. Sad but this is really true.</font color> When so many "insiders" so many knowledgeable people add to what has already been written....well, where there's smoke...... <font color="blue"> I agree there is smoke but also that you are holding GWB to a much higher standard thean anyone in the past. </font color>
Replying to your points:
I think missiles aimed at the U.S. from 90 miles away,with a fanatical, anti-American, communist,leader posed a bigger threat, then the still misssing WMD's several thousand miles away. <font color="blue"> Right, but my point was, where was the UN vote to blockade and threaten atomic war? </font color>
Carter was a good man, who wasn't a great politician...at least there was no scandal in his admin. <font color="blue"> If you don't count Billie peeing on the front lawn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>
Yes, LBJ was a rascist....and a schrewd politician.H e was also known to have conducted interviews, while sitting on the toilet...probably trying to embaress the interviewer.
Why would the "left" laugh at JFK's war record, and heroism? <font color="blue"> In normal times, when not trying to look nonpacifist, the left would belittle any military record. Right now, the left is saying, "We can do war, it just needs to be to our criteria." In fact, most would not support war in any circumstances. You know in your heart, that Hillary would take a stand against war if it was not a fact this would cost her the nomination. Admit it. In fact, I would have more admiration of she did take unpopular stands, but unlike Bush she has no courage. </font color>
That statement is perplexing.....
Yes Clinton dodged the draft...and a Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces....without any military background is bothersome....fortunately GWB had experience serving in the National guard.
But I'm sure all President's rely on the counsel of their Joint chief's...well, maybe not all...I don't think President "Strangelove" sought out any. <font color="blue">I'm not sure who he relied on myself. However, he did the war right but the follow-up is horrible and he has to take the blame for that.The buck has to stop at him so I will hold him accountable for the mess we have now. </font color>
I can't think of anything good, nor bad, to write about Reagan.
And why would you laugh at the idea that GWB did nothing for 8 minutes after hearing that we were under attack?
That could have just been the first of nationwide attacks...and the nation needed to see immediate, strong leadership.We'll never compare GWB with Winston Churchill, or even FDR, who calmed their respective nations, when they were in a time of extreme crisis. <font color="blue"> Churchill, FDR nor any other leader has had to make a decision in the media glare as GWB has had to. Nothing GWB could have done in that 8 minutes would have solved anything even if 100 planes had been sent. I think you will have to wait for the next media event to see what another leader would do. If, for instance, cars were being set on fire all over Paris, hoolums or mistreated young north African males were buring down a city, how fast would the President of France react and what would be the reaction of the left? What if he had waited 12 days until 45,000 cars had been burned. I know you would have been the first to call him on this, right? </font color>
How long would he wait if missiles were launched at us? <font color="blue"> 22 minutes...I have a reason to know this. How quickly would you have reacted? </font color>
And your last paragraph...the most bothersome ....do you honestly believe GWB doesn't pander to political interests? <font color="blue"> No, I believe he does pander but just not as much to political pressure, the changing political winds. Yes, he's a crook, but not as much as say, Ted Kennedy. </font color>
It's hatred of the "left" and "liberals" that blind people to this flawed admin. <font color="blue">You have heard no hatred from me of the left. Just disagreement. I believe in their right as I do for moderates and people on the right. </font color> And those labels, which somehow are supposed to mean that one is radical, and un-American, are applied to anyone not buying into GWB <font color="blue"> No, not applied to all opposed to GWB. Heck, a lot of right wing republicans are anti-Bush. I never called them liberal. I don't think of liberal as name calling. Is it a bad thing to be a liberal? I don't think so, just misguided. </font color> .....shades of Nazi Germany.. <font color="blue">You are comparing our defense of some of GWB's ideas and actions to Nazi Germany? You must not have any idea of what happened in Nazi Germany. There was no opposition allowed. Who is stopping your desent? Have we said shut up, you can't have your opinion. I think that comparison is the most revealing about your view. Why would you try to throw hyperbole about Nazi's into the mix? Is that not implied labeling at it's ugliest. Do you beleive, from what you have read from my posts over the years that I would not want your views heard? That I would want you burned in a gas oven? If so, you know less about me than I thought. </font color> .. <font color="blue"> Labels? Yes, left wing, or liberal is a label as right wing or repigucan is to Gayle. </font color>
History will judge this Presidency......not too favorably,
I believe. <font color="blue"> Maybe, maybe not. </font color>
In the book "God and George W. Bush: A Spiritual Life"
written by the same author that wrote "God and Ronald Reagan...."
this books speaks favorably of GWB.....and GWB believes to this day, that on that day, in Texas, in 1953, when he was 7 years old, he saw his younger sister, in the back seat of the limo, as his parents drove up. She was in fact, dying from leukemia, in a hospital in NYC.
Perhaps it was this same gift of vision, that enabled him to see WMD's, when others could not. <font color="blue"> I can't say what revelations GWB saw when he believed he saw his sister. I really don't think there was a lot sinister in that, do you?</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Deeman

eg8r
11-28-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r, I was adding up the points scored by each side in this
"friendly exchange of political views"....and had originally awarded the rightous right, 50 bonus points, for you not addding your two cents
Now I have to deduct them, plus another hundred, penalty points for relying on Highsea's, instead of your own response. <hr /></blockquote> Thank you for posting your rating system. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I did not need to post mine since I did not have one.

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Deeman, that was a great reply....without the name calling, the invective, that seems to be so prevalent in political discussions here. You got your points across clearly,calmly...
(you sure you ain't a closet liberal?)
For myself, while I'm guilty of Hyperbole...nothing was meant to be taken personally.
I've made my own deal with the "oven" man....keep "agitating" me though, and I'll have the ashes dumped on your property....lol

Deeman3
11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Deeman, that was a great reply....without the name calling, the invective, that seems to be so prevalent in political discussions here. You got your points across clearly,calmly...
(you sure you ain't a closet liberal?) <font color="blue"> I am a closet liberal at least I was very liberal many years ago. </font color>
For myself, while I'm guilty of Hyperbole...nothing was meant to be taken personally. <font color="blue"> Not taken that way. We always deal in Hyperbole anyway... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>
I've made my own deal with the "oven" man....keep "agitating" me though, and I'll have the ashes dumped on your property....lol <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> I love agitating you wolfdancer but as I said, I'll fight anyone who wants to shut you up and I think you would for me. This is a big world and there's plenty of room for more than one opinion.

Funny, as a hunter, I have not shot a deer in 15 years. I always see several but decided I like the going out and sitting in the sunrise more than dragging a dead deer to a truck. Does that mean I don't want others to hunt, heck no. Just don't make me kill another animal to prove I'm a redneck....</font color>

Deeman
why do I still buy a liscence if I don't even load the gun?

pooltchr
11-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Deeman,
If I recall correctly, Nixon took a pretty good beating from the press...very close if not worse than GWB is getting. Of course, he was another republican.....

steve

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 12:02 AM
FRan,
He was involved with the other woman for years and years before any separation from his wife. Why doesn't that bother you? Those were different times, and I would venture to say that Kennedy felt assured that the press wouldn't touch that story with a ten foot pole.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Thank you martin...

Gayle

pooltchr
11-29-2005, 06:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I would venture to say that Kennedy felt assured that the press wouldn't touch that story with a ten foot pole.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

So as long as you don't think you will get caught, it's ok??????

DickLeonard
11-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Gayle as for our jobs going overseas I think David Letterman said it best while Joking about George Bush's trip to China.

George is in China for a weeks meetings. He is visiting our Jobs.####

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Did I say that? No. Just pointing out that for a president to do such things back in those days was not as Stupid as it is today. Do you think that republicans are all faithful to their wives? To bring up marital infidelity in a political discussion is a moot point as far as I am concerned. To lie to the public, or mislead them in any way when in office, and regarding the process of building a case for war, is quite another thing. To never address the phenomena of profiteering during wartime, as president, at a time when it is running rampant, is a disgrace, which was the subject of the post. It will be a cold day in hell when Bush addresses the vast amount of money which Halliburton has stolen from all of us. There will be so many crooked, bribe taking, law-breaking repiglicans in jail in a few months, infidelity will be the last subject on people's minds, anyway, lol.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Catscradle wait I think your wrong on that assessment. JFK older brother died in WW2, his war record shows what a coward GWB was and is. He was wounded in the War and couldn't wait to get back fighting. Two assinations in the Family what more would you ask of a family.####

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 06:52 AM
LOL, yeah, I hope he looked in on our money while he was there, since the Chinese are stealing from us through faulty devaluation of the Yen, hence creating the biggest trade deficit in history.

How about yesterday, he has to resurect his non-solution for the illegal alien crises in an effort to take the attention off his failing presidency, and declining support for his war. But, being the Wizard of Duh, from the land of Ugh, he only appears in front of our troops, who have no choice but to suppress their major boo's or be called out by their superriors. He doesn't have the balls to speak in any public forum, he'd be boo'd right out of the place!

What a joke, he thinks people are going to work here for six years under his proposed worker program, and then say, "Uh OH, my time is up, gotta get back to Mexico where I promised to go in six years, LMAO!~ Like they won't have created any anchor babies for six years who will be American Citizens. OH, I forgot, we can just ask the religious right to get them to agree to practice celibacy while they're here. Another Bush Non- Policy for solving a major problem!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 07:03 AM
Wolfdancer, "History will judge this presidency, not too favorably I believe."

Deeman, "Maybe, Maybe not."

AH HA HA HA HA! Talk about a cockeyed optimist! When these next repiglican indictments go out, my sources say atleast six repiglican representatives, and some of their congressional wives, this presidency will be right in the dumpster! There will be more than just one repiglican who has raked in the profits from bribes, and more than just one indictment by the special prosecutor naming Senior White House Officials who lied under oath. The repiglicans will have to work on restoring honor and decency to government form their jail cells.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Debra I am not a communist I happen to believe in the Declaration of Independence,Bill of Rights,Constitution.

I believed when it said All Men are Created Equal that included Black Men. That only took nearly 200 years for Congress to Read Their by-laws.

I didn't change the wording to read We the Corporations in order to protect our interests will bribe ever Congressmen,Senator,Vice President,President.

This will be the best government money can buy. Must I go on.####

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 07:11 AM
And also, he was another remote, ivory tower, liar, so paranoid over his critics that he launched illegal methods for holding his precieved enemies at bay, while having his Senior White House Officials do the dirty work, LOL. Wow, some things never change!

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
11-29-2005, 07:35 AM
Deeman wait a second this Liberal Democrat was the first to diagnos Reagans Alzhimer disease. That was in his first term, Nancy was running the White House, her and her Astrologer.

Ronald had no thought unless it was on paper for him to read, The President, the Script,Act One, Look the Part act Presidental. Let us not talk about Clintons War Record until you read Reagans, wait he did make War Bond appeals.

As I have said before my Choice for the Greatest American in the last 100 years was Ted Williams, He was an Marine Fighter Pilot in World War 2 and in the Korea War in between he hit 344 lifetime batting average.
As a side I never liked Ted, I was Yankee Fan but when all was said and done he has earned my admiration as one Great American.####

Deeman3
11-29-2005, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Wolfdancer, "History will judge this presidency, not too favorably I believe."

Deeman, "Maybe, Maybe not." <font color="blue"> Gayle, do you know how badly even Lincoln was hated and run down by all political sides in his day? Truman was so hated he didn't want to goout of the White House. These were in a day when the pressmostly stayed out of the fray. But both recovered well in the history books. All politicians lose in the end of their terms weather it be through term limits or loss of election. Even though I respect your learned opinion, I don't believe, in the end, the left will write the history. The bulk of this is just the "noise" we get during the middle of the second terms of a president. If there are real charges that will impeach the president, I'm sure we will see them and justice will be done. That's the beauty of the American system, you won't convict GWB here, no matter how hard you try. It will have to be done in a court of law or in Congress. See, in our country, a person can be attacked by baseless accusations by everyone who can rent a copy of Michael Moore's movie, but thankfully it takes much more than that and even the left should be thankful for that. </font color>

AH HA HA HA HA! Talk about a cockeyed optimist!

<font color="blue"> I am only optimistic that the left will continue to try and achieve in the courts what they have not been able to do in the elections. However, if the charges are proven true, they should be thrown out so that the next group of thugs can be elected. How is that cockeyed? </font color>

Deeman

Deeman3
11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman wait a second this Liberal Democrat was the first to diagnos Reagans Alzhimer disease. That was in his first term, Nancy was running the White House, her and her Astrologer. <font color="blue"> Dick, thanks, you just proved my point. No matrer how the liberal democrats thought of Reagan, history has rememebred him as a great leader/president. </font color>

Ronald had no thought unless it was on paper for him to read, The President, the Script,Act One, Look the Part act Presidental. Let us not talk about Clintons War Record until you read Reagans, wait he did make War Bond appeals.

<font color="blue"> So he might not could run 50 balls or hit a high inside curve but he played the part of president pretty well. </font color>

As I have said before my Choice for the Greatest American in the last 100 years was Ted Williams, He was an Marine Fighter Pilot in World War 2 and in the Korea War in between he hit 344 lifetime batting average.
As a side I never liked Ted, I was Yankee Fan but when all was said and done he has earned my admiration as one Great American.####

<font color="blue"> I believe Martin Luther King was probably the greatest American in the last 100 yeares. Hands down the best public speaker in history, could rally large groups to action with a fair amount of control over their actions, intellegent and saw more than his own life as the most important issue at hand. Knew he would probably die to bring our country together and changed 30 million Americans lives but did it anyway. I like Ted Williams myself but don't think it's even a contest.... </font color>

Deeman
within 3 blocks of him when he was killed.....a terrible waste
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
11-29-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe Martin Luther King was probably the greatest American in the last 100 yeares. <hr /></blockquote> I find it funny that every chance DickL can mention slavery, or blacks being held to a lower standard, he does so, however when he is mentioning his pick for Greatest American in the last 100 years he chooses Ted Williams over the one American who positively changed the lives of all black Americans from that point forward. Who got the raw end of that deal DickL; a famous white baseball player, who oh by the way was a fighter pilot, or Martin Luther King Jr.?

eg8r

eg8r
11-29-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There will be more than just one repiglican who has raked in the profits from bribes, and more than just one indictment by the special prosecutor naming Senior White House Officials who lied under oath. <hr /></blockquote> I believe just today or yesterday the Rep Congressman from California resigned because of accepting bribes. As Boortz said, it is hard to hide the yacht, Rolls Royce and Mansion on a 160k salary. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
11-29-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, yeah, I hope he looked in on our money while he was there, since the Chinese are stealing from us through faulty devaluation of the Yen, hence creating the biggest trade deficit in history. <hr /></blockquote> Do you think there is any chance he will pick up the nuclear secrets that Clinton gave the Chinese?

eg8r

Qtec
11-29-2005, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
There will be more than just one repiglican who has raked in the profits from bribes, and more than just one indictment by the special prosecutor naming Senior White House Officials who lied under oath. <hr /></blockquote> I believe just today or yesterday the Rep Congressman from California resigned because of accepting bribes. As Boortz said, it is hard to hide the yacht, Rolls Royce and Mansion on a 160k salary. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

He will soon have company ....DeLay, Libby, etc, etc,.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hypocritical, Moral Majority, Christian Coalition, holier than thou,.......... ba$t^rds.

Q...the truth will out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec
11-29-2005, 11:04 AM
etc, etc.................

Political Scandal Scorecard
Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham's (R-Calif.) resignation from the House yesterday after pleading guilty to corruption charges is just the latest in a series of scandals -- some large, some small -- currently dogging high-level elected officials.

Scandals are nothing new in politics, but it seems as though the past year has produced more than an average number. And with Michael Scanlon -- a key player in the influence-peddling scandal surrounding former lobbyist Jack Abramoff -- agreeing to talk to federal prosecutors, it's possible we'll see more allegations concerning members of Congress in the coming weeks.

In an attempt to catalogue these improprieties (alleged or proven), The Fix offers up a "Scandal Scorecard." We limited the scorecard to members of Congress and governors currently in office to keep the list manageable. Did we miss any? E-mail or post in the comments section.

THE HOUSE

* Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas): DeLay is currently fighting a two-front war. In Texas he is under indictment for his alleged role in funneling corporate dollars into 2004 state legislative races -- a no-no under Texas law. In Washington, DeLay's name is frequently mentioned in connection with disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff, especially considering that his wife worked for a lobbying company to which Abramoff regularly referred business.

* Rep. John Doolittle (R-Calif.): Doolittle is another potential Abramoff casualty. Abramoff hired Doolittle's wife to handle some fundraising for a nonprofit organization he founded and frequently used as conduit for the millions of dollars he received in fees from Indian tribes. Documents connected to fundraising done by Doolittle's wife for Abramoff have been subpoenaed.

* Rep. Bob Ney (R-Ohio): Ney appears to be the lawmaker most endangered by his relationship with the former lobbyist. Ney has been subpoenaed by the Justice Department to turn over any documents relating to his dealings with Abramoff and has been informed by prosecutors that they are preparing a possible bribery case against him. Ney's problems center on two incidents in which he inserted comments into the Congressional Record favorable to a casino company that Abramoff was seeking to buy.

* Rep. Bill Jefferson (D-La.): In August Jefferson's homes in Washington and New Orleans were raided by FBI agents seeking information in an ongoing investigation concerning the congressman's relationship with the vice president of Nigeria. Subpoenas issued in the case seek evidence about whether Jefferson sought or made payments to Nigerian officials in relation to a telecommunications deal he was seeking to broker in the country. Jefferson's chief of staff, who has been subpoenaed to testify in the case, is leaving her post, although she insists her departure has nothing to do with the ongoing probe.

* Rep. Duke Cunningham (R-Calif.): Cunningham accepted more than $2 million worth of bribes from two defensive contractors in exchange for conducting official business. He resigned Monday and is likely headed to prison.

* Former Rep. Frank Ballance (D-N.C.): Ballance left office in 2004 and pleaded guilty to charges of mishandling money controlled by his charitable foundation.

THE SENATE

* Sen. Conrad Burns (R-Mont.): Burns is yet another member who could be brought low by his ties to Abramoff and Scanlon. His former state director was a lobbyist at Abramoff's firm, and Burns has acknowledged that a provision that benefited several of Abramoff's clients was put into an appropriations bill overseen by a committee he chaired -- albeit, he said, without his knowledge. Democrats have already run two television commercials seeking to tie Burns, who is up for reelection in 2006, to Abramoff.

* Sen. Bill Frist (R-Tenn.): Frist is currently under investigation by both the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Justice Department for his sale of stock in a health care company founded by his father and brother. Frist authorized the sale of millions of dollars worth of stock in HCA Inc. shortly before the stock's value dropped, prompting questions of insider trading. He has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.

GOVERNORS

* Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D-Ill.): Blagojevich has struggled through his first term thanks to a series of allegations regarding wrongdoing in a variety of matters -- from his hiring practices to his alleged involvement in a fundraising scheme where businesses rewarded with contracts to handle teacher pensions would make donations that would eventually be funneled back to political campaigns. Blagojevich will be on the ballot next year.

* Gov. Ernie Fletcher (R-Ky.): After winning the governor's office in 2003, a handful of aides to Fletcher allegedly broke state hiring laws that mandate personnel be hired based on their merits not on political connections of any sort. Fletcher pardoned the nine men in late August and then immediately fired them. One of those who was pardoned has suggested Fletcher should resign his office in order to fully rid the state of questions surrounding hiring practices in the administration. A grand jury is still looking into the matter.

* Gov. Bob Taft (R-Ohio): Taft plead guilty this year to four misdemeanor charges centered on his acceptance of gifts from lobbyists. Taft is also entangled with the ongoing "Coingate" scandal surrounding the mismanagement of the state's pension fund by rare coin dealer Tom Noe, a personal friend and campaign contributor to Taft. The governor is not running for reelection next year.

-- Chris Cillizza

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't compare Bush to Lincoln, if I were you, or even to Truman. Also, although this may surprise you, I am quite familiar with second term presidential lame ducks, tell me something we both don't already know, for a change.

Also, I think the retaliation by Truman was way out of line, retaliation should be comparable to the original attack, IOW, we didn't need to burn down half the country, and kill all those innocent people, to win that war. It was totally uncalled for, and a black mark on our country as far as I am concerned.

Your original statement indicates that you think that there is a chance that Bush will be well reviewed by historians, to which I say, those are the words of a cockeyed optimist. My statement is that Bush will go down as the worst president in history, and I stand by that statement.

Also, if you think that I am dumb enough to think for one moment that anything anyone could say or do, or anything George Bush could say or do, any crime against humanity, or our country, could change the mind of extreme right wing conservatives such as youself, well, believe me, no one is more aware of the complete inability of Bush supporters to see through the bald faced lies, propaganda and rearranging of the facts practiced by this administration. If the right were aware enough to accomplish that, he would never have been re-elected in the first place, oh forgive me, I should say re-installed, since he wasn't elected the first time.

He now looks like a dear in the headlights....he knows the gig is up, and knows right now better than any of us he is on his way down the tubes as far as his legacy goes...

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
11-29-2005, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I wouldn't compare Bush to Lincoln, if I were you, or even to Truman. <font color="blue"> Why not? You are the one that started comparing Kennedy to Bush.</font color> Also, although this may surprise you, I am quite familiar with second term presidential lame ducks, tell me something we both don't already know, for a change. <font color="blue"> You are trying to be arrogant about your knowledge of second term, lame duck presidents, but you may already know that. </font color>

Also, I think the retaliation by Truman was way out of line, retaliation should be comparable to the original attack, IOW, we didn't need to burn down half the country, and kill all those innocent people, to win that war. It was totally uncalled for, and a black mark on our country as far as I am concerned. <font color="blue"> While very wrong, it's your right to have that misguided opinion. </font color>

Your original statement indicates that you think that there is a chance that Bush will be well reviewed by historians, to which I say, those are the words of a cockeyed optimist. <font color="blue"> No, those are the words of a person who has seen unpopular presidents in the past viewed much different by history. </font color> My statement is that Bush will go down as the worst president in history, and I stand by that statement. <font color="blue">Maybe, but you have made untrue statements in the past. Gore will beat Bush, Kerry will beat Bush. Let's face it, your record is not that impressive at predictions. </font color>

Also, if you think that I am dumb enough to think for one moment that anything anyone could say or do, or anything George Bush could say or do, any crime against humanity, or our country, could change the mind of extreme right wing conservatives such as youself, well, believe me, no one is more aware of the complete inability of Bush supporters to see through the bald faced lies, propaganda and rearranging of the facts practiced by this administration. If the right were aware enough to accomplish that, he would never have been re-elected in the first place, oh forgive me, I should say re-installed, since he wasn't elected the first time. <font color="blue">Dislution but if it comforts you, so be it. There were just not enough hanging chads, not matter who counted. </font color>

He now looks like a dear in the headlights....he knows the gig is up, and knows right now better than any of us he is on his way down the tubes as far as his legacy goes... <font color="blue"> They said the same thing about most unpopular presidents many of whom have their heads engraved in granite on Rushmore. </font color>

<font color="blue">Gayle, you are right. You are never going to get over this. I am sorry for that but just be happy that his unpopularity may allow a democrat in the White House again for a while. </font color>

Deeman

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 12:56 PM
And don't forget Rove, he isn't going to get away from this prosecutor, IMO, then there's Frist and Safavian. Just the tip of the iceberg...and five other Repiglican Congressmen...I predict.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 01:32 PM
You're learning D., you're learning from the right how to twist the truth. Saying you hope Gore or Kerry wins, is not the same as predicting they will win.

Well, the truth seems to be in great demand these days, and I predict the truth will be exactly what brings Bush down. In fact, it is already under way....

BTW, you don't think giving Harriet the thumbs down was pandering to his base? You know damn well when she offered, he would have insisted that she stay, if he was a real man....

Again, your assessments of my predictions is way way off. This war, for one thing, is precisely where I predicted it would be. The mood of the country, is right where I predicted it would be. Had I been lying about how Bush and Cheney and Rice lied, I don't think they would be returning to investigations about our path to war, and what they told us. And then there's Rove, who I wrote of many times regarding his practice of personal destruction against Bush's percieved enemies. And now they are calling his attorney back in for more questioning. They're not finished with him yet....

The incompetence of George Bush which I wrote of years ago, is now the belief of the majority of the people in this country, who also think he lied to them, and that he is incompetent, and that this war is a mistake.

Really Deeman, like Bush, you really should read the papers now and then.

I'll stand by my prediction. Unless, ofcourse, Bush decided to put his emergency plan for devastating the insurgency into effect. It's a secret plan, but my sources say it will be the only plan that could save his ass.

He's going to put Laura in an armoured Hum-V, no weapons, just Laura, with huge signs of Cheney on both sides, and have her drive all around Iraq. He figures if she doesn't mow them all down, the pictures of Cheny will scare them all to death. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Love,
Gayle....

nAz
11-29-2005, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>

<font color="blue">Gayle, you are right. You are never going to get over this. I am sorry for that but just be happy that his unpopularity may allow a democrat in the White House again for a while. </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Hey D I gotta ask you IYO what makes him unpopular?

Deeman3
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You're learning D., you're learning from the right how to twist the truth. Saying you hope Gore or Kerry wins, is not the same as predicting they will win. <font color="blue"> I had thought you used stronger words than "hoped" but I will stand corrected if that is what you said. </font color>

Well, the truth seems to be in great demand these days, and I predict the truth will be exactly what brings Bush down. In fact, it is already under way.... <font color="blue"> If it does, he deserved it. </font color>

BTW, you don't think giving Harriet the thumbs down was pandering to his base? <font color="blue"> Yes, but I never liked her anyway. She was an unknown. </font color> You know damn well when she offered, he would have insisted that she stay, if he was a real man.... <font color="blue"> I'm glad he caved. </font color>

Again, your assessments of my predictions is way way off. This war, for one thing, is precisely where I predicted it would be. The mood of the country, is right where I predicted it would be. Had I been lying about how Bush and Cheney and Rice lied, I don't think they would be returning to investigations about our path to war, and what they told us. And then there's Rove, who I wrote of many times regarding his practice of personal destruction against Bush's percieved enemies. And now they are calling his attorney back in for more questioning. They're not finished with him yet....

The incompetence of George Bush which I wrote of years ago, is now the belief of the majority of the people in this country, who also think he lied to them, and that he is incompetent, and that this war is a mistake.

Really Deeman, like Bush, you really should read the papers now and then. <font color="blue"> I do, we just don't read the same ones. </font color>

I'll stand by my prediction. Unless, ofcourse, Bush decided to put his emergency plan for devastating the insurgency into effect. It's a secret plan, but my sources say it will be the only plan that could save his ass.

He's going to put Laura in an armoured Hum-V, no weapons, just Laura, with huge signs of Cheney on both sides, and have her drive all around Iraq. He figures if she doesn't mow them all down, the pictures of Cheny will scare them all to death. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue"> Maybe that's a plan. Let me get with George.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif </font color>

Love,
Gayle.... <hr /></blockquote>

DickLeonard
11-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Deeman Having Ken Lay in the White House figuring ways to screw the people of Calif by diverting gas thru Montana then to Calif doubling the cost is okay. Ken made Sam look like a piker.

I don't know when his father robbed the poor he was a bootlegger with ties to Seagram from what I read or thought I read. ####

SnakebyteXX
11-30-2005, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>
Who in their right mind would be so arrogant and stupid, as to sleep with the girlfriend of a mob boss while they were President of the United States?

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Apologies for the belated response. The answer is: A sex addict would. Sexual addiction is as real a malady as addictions to alcohol, drugs, or gambling. Both Kennedy and Clinton were addicted to sex. Both of them were driven by their obsessive need for extra-curricular sex to commit the kind of high risk behaviors that could lead (and in Clinton's case - almost did lead) to loss of public office.

In the case of Kennedy, his addiction was allowed to go unchecked because (at that point in time) a President's extra-curricular love life was not considered grist for the media. Hence he was protected from the kind of public scrutiny that would have surely cost him the respect of the electorate if not his job.

OTOH: As to the mafia connection? The Kennedy family fortune was built during the Prohibition Era when Pappa Joe positioned himself as an 'importer' to supply a thirsty American market with illegal drink. That surely must have taken some kind of working mob connections to accomplish.

There are some who feel that it was JFK's father leaning on his mafia connections (particularly in Illinois) that helped him earn the critical votes to narrowly defeat Nixon. There are even a few fans of Kennedy assasination conspiracy theories who believe that Kennedy was killed because once he was elected he went back on promises that were made to the organized crime lobby. Particularly, that he allowed brother Bobby to use the office of Attorney General to mount an attack on the self-same Mob bosses who helped him get elected (but that's another story.).

Snake

DickLeonard
11-30-2005, 07:55 AM
Gayle if he came out with this 9/15/2001 I would listen to this garbage but 4 years later is an offense to the dead of 9/11.####

DickLeonard
11-30-2005, 08:01 AM
EG8r Ted was my pick that would meet with approval of the right wing wackos to replace Reagan. I thought MLK philandering would hurt his cause.####

Qtec
11-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Amazing. It seems that the GOPs dont want to comment on how many CROOKS are in GW's team!
The last election wasnt decided on the real issues. It was reduced to a MORAL question, ie Gay marrige and abortion.ie, we are holier than you.............
I think it despicable that the party that claims to be for the 'common man' and 'American values' are so corrupt and all the Reps ignore it.
No complaints from the Rep 'do anything but dont take my gun' mob. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Gw couldnt get a job at WalMart! I,ll bet he couldnt find Pakistan on a map with a torchlight!

Q ...........disgusted........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wolfdancer
11-30-2005, 10:05 AM
Q, here's something along that line of thought:
[ QUOTE ]
July 19, 2004
Bedtime for Bozo

This, from Jim Testa, of Jersey Beat zine fame:

I remember a moment in the 1996 presidential campaign. Bob Dole was sitting across from Tim Russert on Meet The Press, and Russert asked a pretty easy question: Why was Bob Dole siding with the NRA and opposing the ban on assault weapons? Dole thought about it a second, shifted in his seat, and then mumbled some mumbo-jumbo that his handlers had made him memorize. But you could tell this his heart wasn't in it; that inside, he knew damn well there was no reason to legalize automatic weapons and submachine guns, weapons of mass destruction that were going to fall into the hands of drug dealers and terrorists. Nobody goes duck hunting with an AK-47, and nobody needs something that spits out a hundred rounds of ammo in ten seconds to protect their hearth and home. But Bob Dole couldn't bring himself to say that, to say what he knew was true, and right. . And as he mouthed his Republican platitudes and kowtowed to a small handful of well-funded fanatics, I thought I saw something... an unutterable sadness in his eyes. Because at that moment, Bob Dole knew he was never going to be president. And somewhere, deep down inside, I think he also knew that he didn't deserve to be president.

You're never going to see that kind of insight in George W. Bush. When he mouths those Republican platitudes, when he kowtows to the religious right or the NRA or the rich, he's not merely mouthing soundbytes. That's what he really believes. He doesn't think gay people deserve the same rights as the rest of America. He doesn't think the poor deserve any more than what they already get. He doesn't think the rich should pay taxes. And he doesn't care what anybody in Iraq or the rest of the world thinks about his crackpot scheme to turn a nation of Islamic fundamentalists into happy God-fearing Republican consumers and voters. That's why I've never trusted born-again Christians. They go through life always thinking they're right, that they have the one true answer. History and religion don't mean much when you've got the Lord on your side. God bless America. And everybody else be damned.

I won't even look into Dick Cheney's eyes. I'm not sure I even believe that I have a soul; but if I do, he'd be the one to steal it. I don't think Cheney is even human; he's like something out of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, the human incarnation of pure evil. Greed, power, and a callous disregard for any agenda save his own. That's what you get from Dick Cheney. And he's a heartbeat away from the presidency.

I've been voting since Jimmy Carter ran for President. I've voted for Democrats, and I've voted for Republicans; for presidents and mayors, county supervisors and Congressmen, Senators and the Weehawken Board of Ed. But I don't think I've ever cast a vote as important as the one coming up this November. If you think the last four years have been a nightmare, just think about a second Bush-Cheney term. You won't hear a word about reinstituting the draft as long as the campaign is still going on. But Bush can't run for a third term and Cheney probably won't live that long, so what do they have to lose? Tax cuts for the rich? Why not push that a little further and privatize Social Security? Let's put the future of a nation of senior citizens into the hands of stock brokers and corporate CEO's. We all know how trustworthy they are. And forget about gay marriage. The Supreme Court is already just a justice or two away from overturning Roe Vs Wade. What's next on the agenda after that? Maybe Brown Vs The Board of Education? If you're going to make gays and women second-class citizens, why not go all the way and bring back segregation too?

These are scary times. And as Hunter Thompson so eloquently put it, When the going gets weird, the weird get going. So, dammit... Register. Vote. Get that bastard and his rich, sick cronies out of the White House. The life you save may be your own.

- Jim Testa, Editor, Jersey Bea <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
11-30-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't think gay people deserve the same rights as the rest of America. He doesn't think the poor deserve any more than what they already get. He doesn't think the rich should pay taxes. And he doesn't care what anybody in Iraq or the rest of the world thinks about his crackpot scheme to turn a nation of Islamic fundamentalists into happy God-fearing Republican consumers and voters. That's why I've never trusted born-again Christians. They go through life always thinking they're right, that they have the one true answer. History and religion don't mean much when you've got the Lord on your side. God bless America. And everybody else be damned <hr /></blockquote>

He doesnt realise that he HIMSELF is a religious fanatic and is just as dangerous, probably more dangerous, as the other fanatics.
The most powerful man in the world is a religious fanatic and has the intellect of a 5 year old Collie!
How scary is that?

Q

wolfdancer
11-30-2005, 10:44 AM
I think Bush is a very intelligent scheming, ruthless man, claiming to be a very moral man.....but with zero ethics.
He was basically a failure in private business...the oil company that he and Sr. founded, cost friends and investors millions.Oddly enough....with no experience at deep seas drilling, they won a huge contract to do just that. This one time $100 stock, now trades at $.61.
No problem though, big oil, as Dick Leonard pointed out, has made record gains, record profits, since the Bush election.
But that's off topic.....like so many religious zealots, operating under the idea that God is directing them, he can overlook his own inequities, his own faults.
And they used JFK's Catholicism as a reason to vote against him.....

eg8r
11-30-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle if he came out with this 9/15/2001 I would listen to this garbage but 4 years later is an offense to the dead of 9/11.#### <hr /></blockquote> What a great day 9/15/2001 was. That was the day I got married. Which means it was a Saturday and we all know politicians don't work on weekends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Any little Republicans, crawling around your house yet??
Belated ( by four years) Congratulations on your marriage.
Off topic, but....
Seems like everybody now is getting ready to take the vows.
Elton John announced his plans recently, and today I see on Yahoo, that George Michael is about to do the same.

eg8r
12-01-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any little Republicans, crawling around your house yet?? <hr /></blockquote> Certainly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have posted about her here in the past. If interested, here is her website with a bunch of pics, Haleigh Newman's website (http://www.haleighnewman.com) .

eg8r

Deeman3
12-01-2005, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Hey D I gotta ask you IYO what makes him unpopular? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> The continuation of the war, mostly. If you think about it, most of us claim not to like politicians who blow with the current political wind but we, as a country, are very fluid and almost act as if we want our leaders to lead by popularity poles. The saving grace to all this is the short memory of things such as this. One event could change the political views in this country overnight. </font color>

Deeman

DickLeonard
12-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Eg8r, that must have been a scarry time to get married, not knowing what was going on in this country. Most people were walking around numb with memories of watching the airplanes crashing into the Twin Towers. ####

wolfdancer
12-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Your daughter is cute as can be.....looked like she was
really enjoying her birthday party.
And just when i was going to suggest you take up pro soccer,
turned out to be a commercial.
Nice site......wish I had the talent to do something like that
or even the brains.

Qtec
12-01-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Bush is a very intelligent scheming, ruthless man, claiming to be a very moral man.....but with zero ethics.
<hr /></blockquote>

I dont think so. I think he is being manipulated. Nothing I have seen of suggests to me that he is clever. Have you seen the docu "Journeys with George"?
You should.
Do you remember when he was asked a question in one of the Pres debates and couldnt answer for 90 seconds?

Q

wolfdancer
12-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Q, he is an "Eli" with a degree....and more ominous, a "bonesman"
I'm not sure if scholastic aptitude is one of the requirements
for that "secret society"
My favorite H.S. football player went to Yale...Brian Dowling, who made it to the NFL, as a backup for one of the all-time greats, Jim Plunkett. Brian had a great college career....but achieved everlasting fame as BD, in Doonesbury
Had to get off the subject of (G)ulf (W)ar Bush for
a few minutes.
He's smart but might not be a quick thinker....I was going to say not "glib".. thought that implied fast responses, but found this meaning"
marked by ease and fluency in speaking or writing often to the point of being insincere or deceitful.
He is....and he isn't.......

pooltchr
12-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Not only was GW a Yale man...but as it happens, so was his opponent in the last election. Care to hazard a guess as to which one, Kerry or Bush, had the higher academic scores?
(Hint...if you are a dem, you might not want to know the answer)

wolfdancer
12-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Don't keep us in suspense.....
Anybody that graduated from such a prestigious University, no matter his class standing, has to be very intelligent.
I understand Eisenhower graduated dead last from West Point?
George just might be the type that weighs his answers before responding, carefully considering the effect of his reply??
I bet Kerry was not a member of the secret Skull &amp; Bones Society....bet his daddy wasn't a member of the Tri Lateral commission
TLC (http://Is the Trilateral Commission the secret organization that runs the world?)
nor the Council on foreign Affairs.....
Ok, so Jimmy Carter was a TLC guy, and Bill Clinton a CFR man....but there's a conspiracy in there somewhere...just let me dig out my old John Birch handbook
and toss in the Cia directorship for George, the first....
It might all be laughable, except for the family business ties with.......
Bottom line is I don't like GWB, and I like neither his foreign nor domestic agendas. Can the next President, either Republican, or Democrat...clean up the mess? I hope that they get two terms to do it....it'll take at least that long

Gayle in MD
12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
You know Jack, I think the total damage from this administration can't be cleared up by any following president. I think that Bush's policies will be the downfall of this country. All things considered, the deficit, illegal aliens, loss of world repsect, growing hatred from the fanatics, loss of Jobs from corporate greed, the outsourcing of American jobs, massive trade deficits, and the billions wasted on this war, I really don't see how we will come out of it. Between debt to China, the middle east mess, and our weakened army and loss of allies, and his policies which encourage corporations to sell the American worker out for more profits through cheap labor elsewhere, he has just about destroyed us. Things look pretty grim to me. If Iran or North Korea, or china decide to attack us, through war or economics, we're in big trouble, thanks to the chimp.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
12-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Jack, there wasn't much of a spread between the points, two or three, I think. They must have been giving some extra for cheerleading, LOL.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
12-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Sorry, I don't agree. They are not all the same, IMHO. Some are more dishonest than others, some are dishonest over trivial things, and some are dishonest over major things. The latter describes Bush.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
12-02-2005, 05:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> and our weakened army ... If Iran or North Korea, or china decide to attack us, through war or economics, we're in big trouble, thanks to the chimp.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle,
Think hard...this is not a trick question....
Which president in recent years CUT THE MILITARY BUDGET THE MOST??????????????????

Gayle in MD
12-02-2005, 06:08 AM
Look, if we are ever to correspond in a resonable fashion, the first thing you will have to accept is that I am not a party lines person. In fact, I didn't like Clinton. Over the years, he won me over because he kept us out of war, and took care of the economy, and the deficit. Also, I took great offense to the Right during his tenure. They wasted a fortune. It's a wonder that he could accomplish anything with the incessant right wing investigations. I've said this before, they were the most investigated people in this country, and all the right could come up with was a blow job! I couldn't stand Kenneth Starr, he was a pompus, arrogant, beady eyed, right wing little automaton, as far as I could see. I think the right wing hurt this country enormously, and I get tired of hearing the right harp on Clinton letting bL go, when Reagan never got the ones who killed 220 marines in Beruit, and traded arms with the Contras. Who do you think was behind the attack on our Marines?

Vietnam went all the way back to Truman. It became a devastating mess. Bush didn't learn anything from it. We are now back in the impossible position of fighting an invisible, unidentifiable enemy. Even those who embed with our troops, Iraqis, later fight against us after learning our plans. These people over there are of a determined mind set, and the ball is in their court. They've been fighting each other since the dawn of time, and they're not going to stopm, and anyone who thinks they are is just totally uninformed. The Bush administration has been out there slinging the bull around for long enough. They have been extremely dishonest on more than one occasion. Do you really think that Dick Cheney didn't know he was lying when he got up there on Meet The Press and said the insurgency was in it's last throes? Do you know how long ago that was? I am sick of their lies, and sick of their egos and their pompus mud slinging responses to people who are heroic patriotic Americans with more knowledge than they have, and much more integrity. They need to take responsibility for their colossal wrong doing, and unrealistic decisions, and stop lying to the American people. While I wasn't a flower child, I was in front of the White House on a regular basis demonstrating against Lynden Johnson, so just cut the BS about partisan politics. I will assure you that if the right would read and watch more than the Weekly Review, and Fox News, both owned by Ruppert Muhrdock, aka the rich right wing, this country would have a chance at filtering through all the bs that the right never wants to address. When I am lied to, that's it, I don't go back for more lies. This administration intentionally mislead the American people and the world. We will pay dearly for their lies. Many are dead, and many more will die. When I sit and listen to this idiot, and his requirements for leaving Iraq, I realize over and over again, that he and his administration want only an extended stay in Iraq, that's what they want because what they outline is impossible to accomplish. I notice they NEVER mention oil. How honest is that? If they had spent the money they have wasted on this mess, building up our defenses, building manufacturing here in this country, addressing the problem with illegal aliens, our open borders, the outsourcing of our jobs, and our dependency on foreign fossil fuel, right here in this country, we'd be a lot better off right now,... instead, the perpetrator of 9/11, who leads the terrorists of the world, is still out there, and we are fighting Bush's war, a mission impossible to which his only suggestion is Stay The Course.

If the democrats were in there committing this assault against the welfare of America right now, I'd be just as angry about it as I am about Bush. In my eyes, both Bush and Clinton started out on the same damn footing with me. I thought they were both phonies at the start, Clinton won me over, Bush has totally turned me off. I still think that in his heart, Clinton had more caring for the common man, the average American. Everything that Bush does neglect the plight of the poor and hungry here in this country, and makes life even more cushy for the rich and corrupt.

I really don't care what you think of me, but I do care about the fact that there are so many people on the right who are totally partisan in their thinking, and close their eyes to anything that doesn't support it. I spend a lot of my time researching, reading, talking to our troops, going to literary events for the purpose of being informed about what is happening in this country because I am more concerned about our country than I have ever been in my lifetime. What you think of me personally is of no interest or consequence to me. I'm not some young twit who doesn't know her ass from a whole in the ground. You can aim all the insults at me you wish, but it won't shut me up, so if you can't handle a different opinion from that of the ignorant right, too bad, take a pill and go to bed.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
12-02-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jack, there wasn't much of a spread between the points, two or three, I think. They must have been giving some extra for cheerleading, LOL. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, loser. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Kerry could not even cheer better than W. What a dope. It appears he was the best the left had to offer and he could not even cheer as good as his opponent.

eg8r

eg8r
12-02-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Things look pretty grim to me. <hr /></blockquote> Everything always looks "pretty grim" to a person shackled by the mentality of the desperate left.

eg8r

eg8r
12-02-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Look, if we are ever to correspond in a resonable fashion, the first thing you will have to accept is that I am not a party lines person. In fact, I didn't like Clinton. Over the years, he won me over because he kept us out of war, and took care of the economy, and the deficit. <hr /></blockquote> Well, I thought you might be on to something but you ended your last sentence a bit short. What happened to him mortgaging our SS future to hide his overspending (you were tricked again, just like the first time you believed that man could pull a quarter from behind your ear), how about him letting OBL go which led to OBL orchestrating 2 planes flying into the WTC and one failed attempt at the Pentagon (we are not even going to talk about USS Cole, Embassy, etc)? You always seem to stop short of the biggies and accept the little things as the whole.

Sure, there is more we could add, but we both know, you are not interested in hearing anything that undercuts a point you so desperately want to make.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
12-02-2005, 07:04 AM
"If the democrats were in there committing this assault against the welfare of America right now, I'd be just as angry about it as I am about Bush. In my eyes, both Bush and Clinton started out on the same damn footing with me. I thought they were both phonies at the start, Clinton won me over, Bush has totally turned me off. I still think that in his heart, Clinton had more caring for the common man, the average American. Everything that Bush does neglect the plight of the poor and hungry here in this country, and makes life even more cushy for the rich and corrupt."

Exactly my sentiments...sid

DickLeonard
12-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Gayle I was talking to my brother, the retired general, on how stupid George was in his handling of the country since 911. I said Osama bought 18 airplane tickets and spent maybe $100,000. We have spent nearly a trillion dollars with Iraq,Home land security, etc.

All Alquida has to do is spread the rumor that they are going to bomb the subway and we go to code red and spend another 10 or 15 million with increased security. They have us snookered an are smiling from ear to ear on how stupid the Pres. is.####

DickLeonard
12-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Gayle, My daughter did her Post Doctorate at Yale and she found most students that were taking courses to past the time never participated in class. Their attitude was my father graduated here and my family donates millions, go ahead give a bad grade. The rich connected kids are given a free pass.####

Sid_Vicious
12-02-2005, 10:44 AM
"They have us snookered an are smiling from ear to ear on how stupid the Pres. is."

You are absolutely right. GWemBarassment...sid

wolfdancer
12-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Eg8r, that post is beneath you. Kerry was the Presidential choice of the Democratic Party....have you now expanded your definition of left wing, to include the majority of that party, and it's supporters?
Maybe Kerry was the best, they could offer....but the best the other party could offer was GWB??
a no win/ no win situation?....but there would be a few thousand soldiers not killed, nor maimed, if John Kerry had won and we could be repairing our own aged infrastructure, instead of rebuilding Irag's.
Here's a bit of past policy:
"In November 1979, a group of student radicals overran the U.S. embassy and took everyone inside hostage, with Khomeini's support, in retaliation for the U.S. agreeing to shelter the Shah. The crisis lasted for more than a year, paralyzing Jimmy Carter's presidency and eventually contributing greatly to his loss to Ronald Reagan in the 1980 election. After the Shah died, the hostages were released on Jan. 20, 1981, the day of Reagan's inauguration.

Reagan wasn't one to take aggression lightly; his brilliant response to the threat he perceived from Iran was to arm Saddam Hussein with conventional, chemical and biological weapons and unleash him on America's enemy. That'll teach him!

Hussein had seized power in neighboring Iraq at about the same time Khomeini made his grab in Iran. Naturally, the two despised each other. In 1980, Iraq invaded Iran. The war lasted nearly eight years, depleting the resources of both countries. The Soviets surreptitiously aided Iran even, as U.S. envoys like Donald Rumsfeld spread goodwill in Baghdad, because you just can't have enough proxy wars to satisfy some people."
Some people believe that the Americans were kept hostage, in some sort of secret deal, to influence the election

I think we are all being manipulated....

wolfdancer
12-02-2005, 12:39 PM
eg8r, again your reply is trite, banal.....it adds nothing of merit to the discussion....you're not refuting her point ...just making some frivolous comment on it.
It can only mean one thing.....you've run out of intelligent
replies....your "facts" have been challenged and found to be erroneous....common sense is beginning to prevail.....you are slowly escaping from the influence of the "dark side"
Hallelujah !!! others will soon follow

Gayle in MD
12-03-2005, 05:56 AM
You're right Dick. Unfortunately, many don't realize that it is in the interest of all of us to give a hand up to those who need it the most. Under Bush, there will be more and more of those spoiled little rich kids with a free pass, but they will have to live in a much more dangerous country because they will still have to be out on the streets with the poor and hungry, the uneducated and poverty strickened who didn't have a ghost of a chance in this country, and it won't be pretty. Not only do his policies favor the rich, but his failure to address our problems with our borders, and illegal immigration, will greatly increase the numbers of poor uneducated people in this country, who are the greatest perpetrators of violent crime. One of the first things he did was to end the Head Start Program, which was the best thing that ever happened in this country for education. Bush labeled it as a non working program, and his no child left behind has created a stiuation where teachers who want to keep their jobs, push out students, and the drop out rate is through the ceiling. The teachers in my literary club tell me it is a total failure that wastes time and holds back the very essence of education.

Our educational system has been very poor since the fifties, IMO, and not what it sould have been, but a great deal better than where it is today. Bush used his faulty number in Texas to establish no child left behind, but the numbers were rigged, and the drop out rate in the poor areas was increased, which is just what is happening all over the country in poor areas now.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
12-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Snake in Boston the Irish were the mob. Rumor was 3 Westies could take care of the Italian Mob. They didn't believe in dressing the part that the Italians did eg John Gotti.####

DickLeonard
12-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Gayle I remember reading that Rupert Murdock donated 5 million,billion? to Bush senior to get the law past about foreigners owning TV stations,newspapers etc. WE are paying for that bribe to this day. It can be traced.#### 3

eg8r
12-05-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r, that post is beneath you. Kerry was the Presidential choice of the Democratic Party....have you now expanded your definition of left wing, to include the majority of that party, and it's supporters?
<hr /></blockquote> First of all, that post was meant as a joke, so no it is not beneath me. I joke all the time. Second, I did not expand anything. If you believe the majority of the party is in the center then we both have different perceptions of that party.

However, no matter how you slice it, he was the champion for the Dem party and the fool could not even cheer as well as W. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Kerry was the best, they could offer....but the best the other party could offer was GWB??
a no win/ no win situation?....but there would be a few thousand soldiers not killed, nor maimed, if John Kerry had won and we could be repairing our own aged infrastructure, instead of rebuilding Irag's.
<hr /></blockquote> I am not one to sit around play a guessing game for too long but since you started it, how about, just maybe, if Kerry had one the Presidency those few thousand killed would have been American citizens?

eg8r

eg8r
12-05-2005, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
eg8r, again your reply is trite, banal.....it adds nothing of merit to the discussion....you're not refuting her point ...just making some frivolous comment on it.
<hr /></blockquote> Quite hypocritically your post is no different, maybe even to a worse degree. I don't see any reason why I should be forced to inject merit to a discussion that includes the trivial rants of Gayle? Why should I have to be the one to pick this discussion up from the gutter (and add merit) after Gayle has trampled all over it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
your "facts" have been challenged and found to be erroneous <hr /></blockquote> Which ones?

eg8r

eg8r
12-05-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Quite hypocritically your post is no different, maybe even to a worse degree. I don't see any reason why I should be forced to inject merit to a discussion that includes the trivial rants of Gayle? Her posts are always doom and gloom. If you don't believe me, point out a couple posts in which she has something positive to say or where she is offering up a suggestion to fix a problem. Do I waste my time thinking you will try, NOPE!

Why should I have to be the one to pick this discussion up from the gutter (and add merit) after Gayle has trampled all over it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
your "facts" have been challenged and found to be erroneous <hr /></blockquote> Which ones?

eg8r

eg8r
12-05-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle I remember reading that Rupert Murdock donated 5 million,billion? to Bush senior to get the law past about foreigners owning TV stations,newspapers etc. WE are paying for that bribe to this day. It can be traced. <hr /></blockquote> Which law is it, and how are you paying for it?

eg8r

wolfdancer
12-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Eg8r, I believe that a law that we had that prohibited foreign
ownership of Television stations, newspapers.....was amended to allow Mr. Murdoch to do just that.
How are we paying for it?
One word "O'Reilly"
Doonesbury has a better reason, contained in a comic strip

http://www.jimgilliam.com/images/db040719.gif

http://www.jimgilliam.com/images/db040720.gif

http://www.jimgilliam.com/images/db040721.gif

http://www.jimgilliam.com/images/db040723.gif

Maybe China will buy the NY Times, now that we have amanded the law
I believe this book refers to the subject....and the author believes it was a good move.....
web page (http://books.google.com/books?ie=UTF-8&amp;hl=en&amp;id=DnFr-w6UJEYC&amp;lpg=PA1&amp;pg=PA2&amp;sig=tB2B7l2UzkW9o441H1-msjqc1FU)
Other countries have restrictive laws on Foreign ownership, but....

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 10:49 AM
AH HA HA HA...this is fabulous. How can anyone seriously watch Fox. It is nothing more than a lying back up to the lies told by Bush and friends daily! You really can't call it a news channel! Believe me I know how they operate, my daughter worked there for years! You can find more truth watching The Daily Show, or Bill Maher, or Al Franken, even the commedians have more truth in their programs than Fox! I wish someone would do a documentary about Fox!~

Gayle in Md.....

supergreenman
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I think Michael Moore has that on his to-do list. After of course he takes on the medical industry.

James

wolfdancer
12-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Gayle, I used to listen to a late night talk show. the host
was A Black man, who was understandedly biased about certain topics. But even on general topics, if you called in and disagreed with his views, even though you could cite facts to support your position....he would cut you off with some smart remark..."you're an idiot" and hang up.
O'Reilly reminds me of Ray....challenge even slightly his beliefs....and you are a liberal. I don't think people view his show to get any intelligent insight, but rather to watch him put someone down.
It's the same reason people watch "The Apprentice" God, in the form of Donald Trump, delivers final judgement on one's shortcomings...well, that's a little off topic.
News is supposed to be reported fairly, unslanted....while editorial columns can express the publisher's/editor's views.
What we see now on "news" shows...are "editorial columns", replacing news. And yes, there are shows that support/slanted towards, the opposition to GWB and Co.

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 11:39 AM
C-Span, and their web service, S-Span .Org, and also, CapitalNews.org, great sights. When you are watching C-Span live, you are seeing everything, and can form your own judgments.

Of all the Newspeople, Lou Dobbs, IMO, is the best. Also, Meet The Press, and Face The Nation, both excellent sources for what's happening, and both sides of the issues.

As for Fox, that channel is a joke, and I personally think that the rudeness displayed by O'Reiley, and Sean Hannity, and screaming militants like Anne Coulter, who interrupts EVERYONE, are greatly responsible for the rude and condescending way that the people from the right react to the contrary opinions.

Gayle in Md....

eg8r
12-05-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doonesbury has a better reason, contained in a comic strip <hr /></blockquote> All I have to say is Clinton News Network. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r

eg8r
12-05-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone seriously watch Fox. It is nothing more than a lying back up to the lies told by Bush and friends daily! You really can't call it a news channel! Believe me I know how they operate, my daughter worked there for years! <hr /></blockquote> It is funny because, given enough line, you will choke yourself. In the quote above you begin to build some credibility, you actually give a bit of reason for someone to believe you, your daughter worked there. That is more insider information than we would have, so it does add a bit of credibility. However you don't stop their (this is the part in which you kick the chair away and swing by your neck)... [ QUOTE ]
You can find more truth watching The Daily Show, or Bill Maher, or Al Franken,... <hr /></blockquote> Al Franken are you kidding me. He is the last person on earth anyone goes to for credible, factual, information. You might as well be talking with Michael Moore or Ann Coulter. Anyone with their ideals so far in either direction (left or right) as Al Franken, Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, etc will never give you facts at face value. What they do best is to spin part of facts in the direction they lean most.

eg8r

eg8r
12-05-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone seriously watch Fox. It is nothing more than a lying back up to the lies told by Bush and friends daily! You really can't call it a news channel! Believe me I know how they operate, my daughter worked there for years! <hr /></blockquote> It is funny because, given enough line, you will choke yourself. In the quote above you begin to build some credibility, you actually give a bit of reason for someone to believe you, your daughter worked there. That is more insider information than we would have, so it does add a bit of credibility. However you don't stop there (this is the part in which you kick the chair away and swing by your neck)... [ QUOTE ]
You can find more truth watching The Daily Show, or Bill Maher, or Al Franken,... <hr /></blockquote> Al Franken, are you freaking kidding me. He is the last person on earth anyone goes to for credible, factual, information. You might as well be talking with Michael Moore or Ann Coulter. Anyone with their ideals so far in either direction (left or right) as Al Franken, Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, etc will never give you facts at face value. What they do best is to spin part of facts in the direction they lean most.

eg8r

wolfdancer
12-05-2005, 01:28 PM
I never said all the news was slanted for GWB....then we would really have "newspeak"...Oceania reports a big victory in the war in Eastasia.....

wolfdancer
12-05-2005, 01:52 PM
maybe, it's "shock" tv..but unlike Howard Stern and sex, the topic is politics..."who can be the most bigoted???"

pooltchr
12-05-2005, 05:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Maybe China will buy the NY Times, now that we have amanded the law <hr /></blockquote>

It couldn't be more of a rag than it is under the present ownership! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
12-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Thank you. Y'all have made me see the light. I now believe we should get rid of all the big businesses...Tax them until they go out of business. We could put Halliburton out of business, and give all the tax money they pay to the 100,000 employees who would be out of work. Oops, that won't work. Those ex employees wouldn't have any income so they wouldn't be paying taxes...and since we already took all the money from big business, where will we get our tax money from???? I know.....We will start taxing people who don't have anything anyway!!!!! Of course, after we get rid of big business and those nasty people who run them, all we will have left will be the poor people who don't know how to run a business to build the economy back up. Oh what the heck...it doesn't matter. We don't need big business anyway.
Oh happy day! I am now a true liberal!!!!!

Big_Jon
12-05-2005, 08:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>
Thank you. Y'all have made me see the light. I now believe we should get rid of all the big businesses...Tax them until they go out of business. We could put Halliburton out of business, and give all the tax money they pay to the 100,000 employees who would be out of work. Oops, that won't work. Those ex employees wouldn't have any income so they wouldn't be paying taxes...and since we already took all the money from big business, where will we get our tax money from???? I know.....We will start taxing people who don't have anything anyway!!!!! Of course, after we get rid of big business and those nasty people who run them, all we will have left will be the poor people who don't know how to run a business to build the economy back up. Oh what the heck...it doesn't matter. We don't need big business anyway.
Oh happy day! I am now a true liberal!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Tap Tap Tap /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
12-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Deeman, what I liked about Ted was he stepped up to the plate. No looking for deferments,no pulling strings, he risked far more imo than most going to war. ####

DickLeonard
12-06-2005, 06:39 AM
Qtec I think I read or saw that some one is coming out with a book on how GWB stole the last two elections. I know he wouldn't have done that because God Appointed him to rid the Earth of Terrorism. It must have been another who would have done that. I am waiting for Gayle to come out with her Fix on the Book. I know She will read it and not the snynapse.####

DickLeonard
12-06-2005, 06:47 AM
Pooltchr I think Nixon was evil and kept notes and tapes on it. George is evil but we have to find out their not taking notes/tapes anymore. GWB Gods Appointed Savior. ####

Deeman3
12-06-2005, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman, what I liked about Ted was he stepped up to the plate. No looking for deferments,no pulling strings, he risked far more imo than most going to war. #### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Dick,

No question Ted was a patriot just not my pick for the greatest American. </font color>

Deeman

DickLeonard
12-06-2005, 07:05 AM
EG8r Al Franken's book uses Nexus-Lexus info to refute all of the lies of the Right. ####

Gayle in MD
12-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Dick, Frankens book is great. "Lies, and the Lying Liars Who tell them" Fox News took him to court over it, and they were laughed right out of the courtroom!

On his TV show, he targets O'Reily, and goes point by point, showing how they take cuts from what other people say in interviews, to twoist what was actually said. He was Clinton's greatest critic in the Lewinski scandel, then he turned around and did the same thing. Fox, quietly paid off the young producer whom he sexually harrassed. My daughter knew her, and believe me, she wasn't the first one he sexually harrassed. He's a joke, even though he isn't a comedain like Franken, Daly and Mahr. Pretty bad when the somedians with their satire, actually put more truth than a so called "Fair and Balanced" News station like Fox. Rupert Murdoch should be run out of the country!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
12-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Al Franken??????????????????????????????????

Now I understand. I thought all this bs was coming from the New York Times and CBS. It's all starting to become much clearer now!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
12-06-2005, 10:59 PM
And, He doesn't know the words to Jingle Bells! Can you imagine! He was faking the words at the Christmas Tree Lighting...too funny! Condi and Dick forgot to reherse him, guess they were too busy shopping with all their oil profits! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle

DickLeonard
12-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Gayle this weeks New Yorker has an article by Seymour Hersh
in it he writes about George believing he is Anointed by God to stamp out Terrorism. It had nothing to do with stealing the election away from Al Gore, who God had Appointed to Stamp out Terrorism.

It is all right to bomb thousands of Innocent people in Iraq that is not Terrorism that is us Stamping out Terrorism.####

Gayle in MD
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM
How right you are friend. We are spending $17,000.00 a second under the heading of defense, IOW, on this war, while 500 people in Delphur die every day, and FEMA was asked for food, water and ice the day before Katrina hit, and it took our HLS/FEMA, six days to get it there! Imagine that, six days!

You notice also, these righties on here are still trying to claim that Bush won the election! Really, we all know that isn't true! I notice they don't say anything about the failing grades given this administration of protecting us by implementing the instructions of the 9/11 commission. That sure was a short thread, LMAO!

Today God's Deciple will speak again, and refer to the problems, to which he will answer, "But, progress is being made." IF any examples ARE given, of progress, that is, they will be either lies or exaggerations.

Rice is going around the world saying, the United States does not practice torture, REALLY???? They just ship people around the world to places where others do the torturing for the United States. Every word that comes out of their mouths, is either a lie, or a gross exaggeration!

Clinton contained SH, he had him in a box, in a weakened position. Richard Clarke said the bL was Clinton'[s main target. Atleast he didn't go off half cocked after the wrong person, LOL! Anyway SH wasn't killing near as many people as are dying in Delphur.

It was a real eye opener reading how some people talked about the poor people in N.O. The right doesn't want abortion, but they don't want any money going into welfare for the poor people so their kids will have food. The figures on hungry children in this country are a disgrace, but the right doesn't mind welfare for the big corporations, that's what it is, they call it subsidies, but it's nothing more than welfare!

They try to say that the jobs that are being stolen from Americans are jobs our people don't want, I guess not, after these illegals come in here and drive the value of the jobs down, and bilk us out of tax dollars.

What can you say about people who can't kill a dear, but think it was fine when our country incinerated half of Japan!!! The neocons are only happy when we are fighting a war, but it can't be a legitimate war, it has to be a "Calling" heard by some religious nut, who is raking in oil profits, and looking the other way while we are gouged by his cronies, Halliburton, Enron, Brown, Oil, all huge contirbutors to his campaign. Everyone who is Fing us, has paid off Gorgeous George, the amazing lying chimp! Just look at the phammaceutical industry! They sure were behind the Chimp! They're robbing us blind, while the Chimp comes out with a Medicaid plan that is a disgrace, and keeps us from getting cheap drugs from Canada., he' gotta take care of his contributors!

John Murtha should run for president. He is the hero and the leader IMO. He is telling the truth about Iraq. He will convince the other Democrats to throw out politics, and make their decisions according to what is realistic and true, IMO. We have absolutely no leadership. When your president is a raging lyer, only the ignorant right, will be dumb enough and partisan enough to follow him. This is all going to end in civil war anyway. There's no point in our people dying for Iraqis, it won't make us any safer, that's for sure. This is no war on Terror anyway. Only 7% of those we fight in Iraq are from out of that country! The ones we are fighting there, are Iraqis, who want us to get the hell out of there....80% want us out, 45% want us dead! When they yap about no attacks, here in this country, I have to laugh! They had better hold on to their asses....bL plans the attacks for years. Their a very sophisticated bunch, and I'm just waiting for the ax to fall!

How comfy it must be for those who drink the Kool Aid! Ignorance is bliss!

Gayle in Md.....

Chopstick
12-07-2005, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>
Oh happy day! I am now a true liberal!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Hallelujah brother! Step thee forward and be HEALED! Heeeeallll </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DickLeonard
12-08-2005, 06:47 AM
Chopstick Our problem with Hale Burton is there is Nine Billion Dollars Missing or UnAccounted For in the Money to rebuild Iraq of Which Hale Burton is the Major Recipent of Said Money. That money given to to the Victums of the War would far exceed the 25,000 they now receive.

It is sad Congress was forced to raise the death limit from 12,500 to 25,000. There is no money in the VA to treat the injured and psychologally damaged vets. Some of who can't even sit on the toilet because of their fear that it will explode.

So if a Criminal Enterprise employs 100,000 people its okay.
Lets bring back the mafia to Control Drugs ,Bookmaking,etc at least they love POOL.####

pooltchr
12-08-2005, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Today God's Deciple will speak again, and refer to the problems, to which he will answer, "But, progress is being made." IF any examples ARE given, of progress, that is, they will be either lies or exaggerations.
<hr /></blockquote>

This is exactly why it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you. You have already made up your mind what you think about something even before you hear what is said. Your crystal ball tells you that anything Bush says is a lie, so you are going to automatically disagree with anything you hear from someone with a different viewpoint. You are judging the person, and not the content of the information.

There are valid points made here and everywhere else by those on both sides of the issues. It's a shame that you are so closed minded to even be able to consider the possibliity that someone other than yourself might have a better idea.
Steve

Chopstick
12-08-2005, 09:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>
Lets bring back the mafia to Control Drugs ,Bookmaking,etc at least they love POOL.#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">The Halliburton money doesn't really bother me. They can just audit them and get it back, which I'm sure is already in progress. Speaking of the mafia, I was hanging out last weekend with a couple of guys you might know. Grady Matthews, Jimmy Fusco, and Mike Cernero. They were telling stories about pool and the mob guys years ago. I think Jimmy looks like a gangster in that suit he was wearing.</font color>

Gayle in MD
12-08-2005, 09:46 AM
AH HA HA HA HA...Pahleze, my sides are splitting!

If you would do a little reading, you would know this. It is a FACT...Bush, Rice, Cheney LIED! it's not just my opinion, but the opinion of seventy percent of the people in this country, and has been fully documented, sentence by sentence, not only by yours personally, but in many documentaries, and books.

My crystal ball tells me that a man who can stand before the Congress, the Senate, and the people of the United States of America, and LIE about sending our young people to die, using false information, and leaving out the information which weakens his case for war, and do it in the name of God, is no damn good, period!

I hope, now that this liar, and his deciples, have caused the deaths of over two thousand one hundred honorable young Americans, and the lasting physical and emotional injuries of seventeen thousand other troops, that SOMEONE, will be able to figure out a way to get out of Iraq, a country that does not want us on their soil, as soon as possible. I hope that someone will step forward, as did Representative Murtha, and have the courage to continue to force George Bush out in the daylight to account for his continuous misleading statements which he makes before the American people, to own up to the incompetent way that this war has been handled, and to subject himself to answering the questions of Americans who have now understood the untruthful way which this administration has dealt with all of us, and the rest of the world, so that there will be enough public outcry from those who have taken the time and interest to know what is happening in this world, can force these corrupt republicans to own up to the horrible injustices which they have caused, both here, and in Iraq, to our troops, the assult to our Constitution, and the squandering of billions of dollars which they have either wasted, or stolen over the last fifteen years.

One of us is surely closed minded.....

Gayle in Md.

Also, I hope some day the mindless right, will educate themselves well enough that they may understand the difference between being a partisan, and being a patriot, being a Liar, and being a Leader, being elected, and throwing and election, being democratic, between a free press, and untruthful propaganda, between being religious, and being spiritual, between settling for nothing but complete victory, and forcing our troops to die for years and year to come, and for nothing.

eg8r
12-08-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I hope some day the mindless right, will educate themselves well enough that they may understand the difference between being a partisan, and being a patriot,... <hr /></blockquote> Blah blah blah. Heard this lie before (mindless right, super smart, yet too stupid to beat W at cheerleading, left). Once again, if you think left is so smart why can't you win an election? If the left was even half as smart as you make them out to be, would they be losing nearly every major election? Every time you mention this mindless crap it proves to us just how far from reality you have slipped. Desperation is your game.

eg8r

Deeman3
12-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Also, I hope some day the mindless right, will educate themselves well enough that they may understand the difference between being a partisan, and being a patriot,... <hr /></blockquote> Blah blah blah. Heard this lie before (mindless right, super smart, yet too stupid to beat W at cheerleading, left). Once again, if you think left is so smart why can't you win an election? If the left was even half as smart as you make them out to be, would they be losing nearly every major election? Every time you mention this mindless crap it proves to us just how far from reality you have slipped. Desperation is your game.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>