PDA

View Full Version : Russian Style Pool Game?????

recoveryjones
11-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Someone from Russia sent me 3 Euro Tour pool DVD's.

The game they play is like nothing I've never seen before.
They rack 15 white balls, that are completley white with(small) numbers 1 to 15 on them incased in a very small black circle dot. They then break with a red cue ball. When they break they try to intentionally scratch with the red cue ball by glancing off of the pack of 15 balls.Then they shoot one of the 15 white balls(which number, I don't know)and either try to make another ball and/or scratch with the cue ball by succesfully caroming it off of an object ball.After that it seems that any of the remaining white balls can become the next cue ball.

Each time they make a ball or scratch with the cue ball it is stored(by the referee) in a ball rack located away from the table under their name and I'm guessing that they get a point for each ball.The whole DVD is in Russian so it offers me no answers.

Does anyone know what this Russian game is called and what the basic rules are and how the game is won.They sure get good sized audiences for these matches.Any help appreciated,as I might enjoy the DVD's more if I knew what the hell was going on.
RJ

ps. I've tried to get a hold of the Russian who sent them with no luck so far.

recoveryjones
11-26-2005, 10:41 PM
The game is called Pyramid.

Someone (from another forum) found me a link to the rules.

http://www.billiard-online.com/ecpsporte/rules.html

RJ

rackem
11-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Both the balls they use and the cues are quite a bit larger than ours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

recoveryjones
11-26-2005, 11:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackem:</font><hr> Both the balls they use and the cues are quite a bit larger than ours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I kinda thought the balls seemed bigger on the DVD I(briefly) watched. There are carom (scratches) involved and I know that the cues(tip diameter) and balls are also bigger in 3 cushion billiards so maybe there's some correlation.
RJ

nAz
11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackem:</font><hr> Both the balls they use and the cues are quite a bit larger than ours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I have played this once before... the balls are a little smaller then a grape fruit and the pockets are just big enough to accommodate them. it seem to me the best way to pocket the balls was to hit them pretty hard.. sort of force them in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif