PDA

View Full Version : GIFT iDEAS

nAz
11-27-2005, 02:49 PM
this one is for myself... I'm tired of carring around my 20gig mp3 player and i came across this on ebay. link ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/1GB-RETRACTABLE-MP3-WMA-Player-6-in-1-7COLOR-1G-FM-62B4_W0QQitemZ5832915652QQcategoryZ63292QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem#ebayphotohosting) it's what i been looking for and a cheaper then the sony bean Bean link (http://www.abtelectronics.com/scripts/site/site_product.php3?id=20194&source=froogle) (which is damn cool product) the only problem i is that it ships out of Hong Kong /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif probably take 8 weeks to get. what you think?

wolfdancer
11-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Musical Beans...what'll they think of next?
My first computer, the TR-80....had 8mb of computing power,
as I remember.And very easy to self program.....
just enter a 16 digit binary code for each screen pixel....

nAz
11-27-2005, 03:44 PM
ah them good ol Dot matrix days. i had a commodore C64-2
120 PRINT
130 PRINT "";
140 PRINT "F1 - TEACH PATTERN ";
150 PRINT "F2 - DUMP MATRIX"
160 PRINT "F3 - RANDOMIZE PATTERN ";
170 PRINT "F4 - FORGET ALL"
180 PRINT "F5 - RECALL PATTERN ";
190 PRINT "F6 - QUIT"
200 PRINT "F7 - DISC SAVE ";
210 PRINT "F8 - DISC LOAD"
220 PRINT

Arggghhhh!!

nAz
11-27-2005, 03:49 PM
I wonder if i can use this to add bubbles to my favorite crab juice drink /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Soda Siphon by Kovocas. Carbonate water or any other drink. Great for making mixed drink cocktails. Just pour the drink into the siphon and attach a CO2 cartridge (item # P1141). Made of glass and surrounded with a stainless steel net. 11.75%u201D in height and 1 liter capacity. (G91)
http://www.chefgadget.com/images/G91.jpg

wolfdancer
11-27-2005, 03:56 PM
You forgot the
"If, then..."
"Goto..."
I still have my Kaypro though....but no software, no OS for it

nAz
11-27-2005, 05:58 PM
found a gift for my sister... gift (http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FisItemNumberRedirect.as p&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&CLASSLEVEL=&txtD esc=shower+head&SearchClass=&search.x=0&search.y=0 &search=submit)
i'd like one for myself, now if could only figure out what to buy my Mother!!

dg-in-centralpa
11-27-2005, 06:56 PM
nAz- why not forget this idea,get a couple guys and have a nice weekend at Scores. The scenery is much better and it'll be a lot more fun.

DG - will get there one of these days

Fran Crimi
11-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Does your mother like antiques and collectables? Come to my house and you can go shopping for free. My family moved here from Brooklyn in 1945 and they took everything with them that they accumulated since 1913 when they came here from Italy.

A couple of years ago, my father and I decided it was time to tackle the basement and figure out what the heck was stored down there. We would dig for a few weeks then we have to stop from exhaustion. Yesterday, I pulled out a Singer sewing machine from 1915. There's a 4 ft. tall radio in the back. I can see it but I can't get to it. There are steamer trunks on top of steamer trunks. We got to one and opened it and found 40 pairs of brand new thermal underwear in sealed packages from the 1940's. Why????

Last year, we found 10 coffee cans filled with coins from the turn of the century to about 1960. I spend months going over them with coin books. I never want to see a coin book again.

We found about 8 turn of the century railroad pocket watches and some really, really old wristwatches. There's Ellis Island paperwork, and ship tickets.

There are radios from every decade. They saved every radio they had. All of them work. I think we may have the first Sony transister radio.

A few months ago, my father found and drank a bottle of Coke from the 1950's, just for fun. He said it tasted fine. I thought it tasted like puke.

Does your mom like porcelain? C'mon over! We got it. How about a crank-handle coffee grinder? Maybe a Victor wind-up victrola? We got it. 78 Records? No prob.

Cast iron pots with removable handles, anyone? I now have enough Bordon's milk bottles to start my own delivery service.

The store's open 24 hours. Just give a yell. Oh, it's not all for free...I ain't that stupid. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif But seriously, if your mom likes collectables, there's plenty you can take for free.

Fran

SPetty
11-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Wow, how cool is that? Sounds like you need to make eBay your friend...

Fran Crimi
11-28-2005, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Wow, how cool is that? Sounds like you need to make eBay your friend... <hr /></blockquote>

I know, right? First I have to find out what this stuff is worth. I found 2 gold sharpshooter medals dated 1907 (How do you get a value for that?) and a small gold pocket watch with a chain, inscribed "First Communion, 1912."

....And crucifixes! I should definitely go to Heaven with all these crucifixes. Big ones...HUGE ones. All sizes. Some of them must have come from Italy, made of onyx and brass...

I found a stained glass encasement that you plug in, and it lights up, filled with very old statues of saints, probably from Italy. Apparently, Mother Cabrini was big around this house.

Fran

Rich R.
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Fran, it sounds like you need to invite the "Antiques Road Show", to your home,
for an extended stay. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, it sounds like you have things that may be of substantial value.

wolfdancer
11-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Wait !!! you didn't mention that the stuff was Italian..
it's probably worthless....lol

eg8r
11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, I love my iPod so I could not even fathom getting another brand player. However, I have been toying with idea of getting an iPod Nano. They are tiny and use flash memory.

eg8r

nAz
11-28-2005, 01:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Does your mother like antiques and collectables? Come to my house and you can go shopping for free. My family moved here from Brooklyn in 1945 and they took everything with them that they accumulated since 1913 when they came here from Italy.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Fran like Spetty says EBAY it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really appreciate the offer my moms likes stain glass. I am willing to rummage through you basement... mostly for myself /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifI once worked in an antique shop on Atlantic ave. and use to do that all the time, it's amazing what great stuff mostly furniture one can find.

I am curious to know what section of Brooklyn did your parents come from. Bayridge, Ridgewood maybe?

Give me a holler @ 718-314-0471 and i'll treat ya to a round at the driving range at Chelsea /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran Crimi
11-28-2005, 01:11 PM
fugghedabouddit

My family (My grandfather and his brothers. He's sitting on the right.)

La Famillia (http://www.piczs.com/is.php?i=19950&amp;img=IMG_0599.JPG)

wolfdancer
11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Don't give 'em my address......

nAz
11-28-2005, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Well, I love my iPod so I could not even fathom getting another brand player. However, I have been toying with idea of getting an iPod Nano. They are tiny and use flash memory.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Dude Flash memory is way to go, i still can't believe that the price has not come down enough to make 10 gig players.

Fran Crimi
11-28-2005, 01:48 PM
My family originally settled in Bushwick. After the 40's they all started moving to different places.

I'm probably going to keep the stained glass. That basement is a danger zone. As we bring stuff out and clean it, it's easier to see. I've got about 40 pieces sitting on my living room floor right now. I've already checked those out. You do know that I'm not going to give away anything until I know what it's worth, right? LOL My father would have my head.

Anyway, sure, you're welcome to come check it out and you can take from the 'okay to take pile'. There's still some really nice stuff there.

I'm taking you up on that Chelsea driving range offer.

Fran

Fran Crimi
11-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Rich. This definitely calls for an Antiques Roadshow sleepover. Do they do that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I love the furniture twins. I'll give them lunch.

Fran

dg-in-centralpa
11-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Fran,
Some of the medals nobody can put an estimate on because of the rarity of them. Ebay will tell you what it's worth. As for the coins, a dealer will give you 25-33% of it's value on the rare coins, some they will just lump together of the common coins. Overall, your best bet is to do Ebay if you want the hassle of packing everything and shipping it.

DG

Fran Crimi
11-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Okay, thanks. I've been looking for similar items on Ebay and watching what they sell for. I guess I'm going to have to learn the art of packing and shipping. Not looking forward to that.

Here's a photo of the medals still in their original box. I think they're fascinating:

1907 Medals (http://www.piczs.com/is.php?i=19972&amp;img=IMG_0585.JPG)

nAz
11-29-2005, 02:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> You do know that I'm not going to give away anything until I know what it's worth, right? LOL My father would have my head.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Of course... but if you happen to find an extra faberge egg laying around think of me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif