PDA

View Full Version : Trick Shot Book

slipstroke
11-28-2005, 01:29 PM
I was watching the trick shots last evening between Allison Fisher and Ewa Laurance on ESPN. I noticed that it looked like they were referring to a book for their shots. Once, I even heard Allison give a page number to Ewa. Anyone have an idea what book they were using to help set up the shots?

Slipstroke

Billy_Bob
11-28-2005, 01:49 PM
I don't know, but here are a few titles...

Byrne's Treasury of Trick Shots - Byrne - 1982

Fun on the Billiard Table - Stancliffe - 1900
(AKA - Fun on the Pool Table - "Edited" by Herrmann - 1902,
AKA: Tricks and Games on the Pool Table - Herrmann - 1967,
AKA - Pool Table Tricks and Games - Herrmann - 1978)

Mike Massey's World of Trick Shots - Massey - 2003

Pocket Billiard Fundamentals and Trick Shots Made Easy - Caras - 1969

Steve Mizerak's Pocket Billiards Tips and Trick Shots - Mizerak - 1982

The Pool Hustlers Handbook - Anton - 2002

The World Champion on Winning Pool and Trick Shots - Varner - 1981

Trick and Fancy Shots in Pocket Billiards Made Easy - Caras, Jimmy - 1948

Bob_Jewett
11-28-2005, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote slipstroke:</font><hr> I was watching the trick shots last evening between Allison Fisher and Ewa Laurance on ESPN. I noticed that it looked like they were referring to a book for their shots. Once, I even heard Allison give a page number to Ewa. Anyone have an idea what book they were using to help set up the shots?

Slipstroke <hr /></blockquote>
If it wasn't an ESPN-only situation, they were probably using the standard Artistic Pool shots. See http://www.artisticpoolplayers.com/index.php

joewihit
11-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Hello Slipstroke,
Most times the players are referring to Mr. Mike Massey's Trick Shot book, but the female players also use the shots from the Artistic Trick Shot Program per other postings. Mike's book has become the standard reference and used by nearly all professional artistic / trick shot player.
I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Joe Whalen
Stefano Pelinga's Biggest Fan.

BANKS77
11-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Last year in the match between Lee and Mataya, you could see in the close-ups that it was Massey's book they were using. It's a shame, you'd think for competition they shouldn't be allowed to use a book.