PDA

View Full Version : Help picking first cue?

06-26-2002, 07:46 AM
I recently purchased my first pool table, after growing up with one for years, and I thought I would get a stick that was nicer than the the ones that came with the table. Since I had a table growing up I've always played pool, but I always just used the straightest stick I could find. Now that I have my own table I would like something a bit nicer. I will only be playing recreationally but I would like a quality stick that will be consistent, durable, and with a little style. I appreciate any advice you may have.

Harold Acosta
06-26-2002, 08:06 AM
Players Cues and or Lucasi Cues are great initial purchases for your pool table. If you want something more fancier, then you should try playing with friends cues so you can get acquainted with them, then choose one to your liking.

06-26-2002, 11:30 AM
The bottom line here would be the amount of money you wanted to spend if you say $500.00 then you could go with things like joss, meucci.. mcdermott all of which have some pretty decent cues if you say $1000.00 then there are many manufactuers that you can go with... after about 500 bucks the only real difference in the cues is the amount of inlays in the butt.... after you get a good butt that you like you can always add a predator 314 shaft on it ($200.00) the shaft has more to do with the hit than any other part of the cue.... although some cues are weighted differently.... if you only have a couple hundred bucks to spend then your options are limited but you have to really try them out because at that price there is probably not as much consistancy in the craftmanship of the cue.. good luck.

Doctor_D
06-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Good afternoon:

You might want to look at the cues at www.dominiak.com (http://www.dominiak.com)

Custom cues and production prices...

Dr. D.

Chris Cass
06-27-2002, 09:28 AM
Hi,

After looking on ebay and every pool site on the net lastnight, for a pool cue for my 9 yr old son.(RIP's buddy). I found the one he likes. It's reasonable and straight. Durability is ok. Looks ok too. He wanted points.

After him picking out tons of cues. Bender's, Joss, szamboti's(sp), Corker, and everything over $200. I found it. It's an Action Cue. He likes the ACT27. So, I'm ordering it today. Under $75. and straight. It's bigger than him but he's bend on having it. This was a brutal search. I had already gotten him a 54" Stealth. It didn't have the pointed points, they were rounded. He also, scrapped the finish up bad. He's not a tall kid but has the heart of a lion.

Regards,

C.C.~~internet cue store.....

SPetty
06-27-2002, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr>I found it. It's an Action Cue. He likes the ACT27. <hr></blockquote>

In case anyone wants to see this cue:
http://www.hawleys.com/action/ACT27.htm