PDA

View Full Version : What a great idea these Canadians have

wolfdancer
11-28-2005, 08:07 PM
...course they borrowed it form the Brits....why wait 'till the term of office is up? Take a "no-confidence" vote...and then it's "don't let the door hit you in the ass, on the way out."

Deeman3
11-29-2005, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...course they borrowed it form the Brits....why wait 'till the term of office is up? Take a "no-confidence" vote...and then it's "don't let the door hit you in the ass, on the way out."
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> While this sounds like a good idea, it is really a shell game where back room deals are and very bad compromises are made just to get into power. It would destroy what little political freedom our leaders have. I wouldn't even want to have this in a democratic administration. However, a recall I would go for. if you can get 2/3rds of the country to recall a president, I'll sign up.</font color>

Deeman

supergreenman
11-29-2005, 08:57 AM
It's a great idea, but it only works when you don't have a majority government in power. However, some of our best legislation has come from minority goverments. We wouldn't have the healthcare system we have(although it's being erroded by conservatives) if it wasn't for minority governments.

There are flaws to the system, in a minority situation an opposition party can force an election when the political climate is more favorable for them to benifit(which is the situation right now).

J

wolfdancer
11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Dee, we probably don't need anymore political intrique, then there is.I think it gives a true minority...a third party...some real power...aligning with one of the two dominant powers in exchange for.........

supergreenman
11-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Just think you guys could have Ralph Nader and the Green party looking for leverage on Social, Consumer and Environmental issues with this system.

LOL now that would make for some interesting politics.