PDA

View Full Version : The Plastic Turkey President

9 Ball Girl
11-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Anyone remember this photo op?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p0aaa7ac3b0015ea077b35cbf5e77dffb/f142f260.jpg

Bush's turkey in Iraq images was for show, not for eating

By Mike Allen

WASHINGTON President Bush's Baghdad turkey was for looking, not for eating. In the most widely published image from his Thanksgiving Day trip to Baghdad, the beaming president is wearing an Army workout jacket and surrounded by soldiers as he cradles a platter with a golden-brown turkey...

Read On... (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2001806972_bushturkey04.html)

Deeman3
11-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Wendy,

I think we should call for a full congressional investigation into this. Was this a turkey of mass distraction or just a display where he knew the soldiers would just get MRE's as soon as the photo op was over.

It is indeed a sad day when a president would stoop to a photo op with troops and as far as we know, has never, ever happened before.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman
wonder if the bird originated in China or was exposed to Bird Flu. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
11-29-2005, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> It is indeed a sad day when a president would stoop to a photo op with troops and as far as we know, has never, ever happened before.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif<hr /></blockquote>
We know they all plan these photo ops, but GWB seems to do it a lot more than his predecessors. He seems to especially like it when he gets to wear a military outfit, for the photo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r
11-29-2005, 09:37 AM
I did not read the rest, but I don't think he would be able to hold that tray if it was a real turkey (especially if it was stuffed with stuffing), not too mention everything else on the tray. It just seems he would be straining much more if it was real.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
11-29-2005, 10:07 AM
The rest of the article said that the turkey was there to dress up the buffet table and that no one knew he was going to pick it up. He did it on his own. The photo looks like he was doing some joking around with the troops. The photographer caught him in action. He wasn't posing for the picture. Looks to me like he was saying...here...have some of mine...I made it myself. Or how about...Sure...you guys get the real thing and all I get is this fake stuff.

Fran

Deeman3
11-29-2005, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> It is indeed a sad day when a president would stoop to a photo op with troops and as far as we know, has never, ever happened before.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif<hr /></blockquote>
We know they all plan these photo ops, but GWB seems to do it a lot more than his predecessors. He seems to especially like it when he gets to wear a military outfit, for the photo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> I don't know Rich, I think you guys are really reaching now.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Deeman</font color>

wolfdancer
11-29-2005, 10:26 AM
There is another possible explanation. Friend of mine makes
a "fortune" as a commercial photographer, shooting food and wine layouts, for some national mags. Food does not photograph well, unless it's prepared for the photo. A few year back, he was paying the food guy $700 a day.
So the plastic turkey may have been there for a photo op.
And how often do you get to see a real turkey, holding a plastic one?

wolfdancer
11-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Wonder if he still has his G.I. Joe figures?

Qtec
11-29-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we should call for a full congressional investigation into this. Was this a turkey of mass distraction <hr /></blockquote>

Almost. The 'Turkey'is actually a forgery planted by the French! Ask Fran. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Everyone knows that Haliburton sold the Army 75,000 Chernobel sparrows. They brought FW in just to convince the troops that they were eating real turkey.
If only the lights had gone off.......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec

wolfdancer
11-29-2005, 10:36 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
11-29-2005, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> And how often do you get to see a real turkey, holding a plastic one? <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Ah ha ha ha...Two phoney turkeys in one picture, that's one for the books!

Gayle.... too funny, Wendy!

wolfdancer
11-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Wendy, I think if one picture could sum up a presidency,
this would be it.
I hope when they build his library, on hallowed grounds (Haliburton's Industrial complex), that they feature this
photo, alongside the "heroic Aircraft Carrier" one.....
so that future generations, can not only get an insight on the man, but understand that they too can achieve greatness.
In America, anyone can be elected President....as long as you don't confuse ethics, with morals

9 Ball Girl
11-30-2005, 12:56 PM
All responses on this thread are making me LOL!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif