PDA

View Full Version : Gold Crown knock-offs??

ballbanger
12-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I noticed there are tables on ebay under the name "Victory" that look identical to Gold Crowns. I'm not looking to buy one , I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Wouldn't this be an infringement on their patent?

Brad
12-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Over the past few years, there have been many Crown knock-offs being imported. I've seen them at the last couple of BCA shows. I don't think they care about patents. By the time you file a complaint, they disappear and pop up with a new name. And, with the popularity of the internet, they don't even have to go through traditional brick and mortar dealers. I haven't checked out the construction because anybody that steals a design doesn't deserve my respect.

JMD in VA
12-02-2005, 03:02 PM
I have a friend who sells them and he put one in a local poolroom right next to a black GC IV. It's the tightest table in the joint and it's the on to practice on! It is built, IMO, better than the GC. The shell for the rails is twice as thick as the GC. The ball area for keeping a 1 Hole score is cut deeper so balls can't rock out. They put a nice thick carpet in the ball return so the balls don't get scarred. I personally love the table and you are getting it for about 1/3 of the price of a GC.

It's a good buy, IMO!

JMD in VA
The Mayor

Cueless Joey
12-02-2005, 04:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/9-Victory-Pro-Pool-Table-Compare-to-Brunswick-and-Save_W0QQitemZ7197915719QQcategoryZ75198QQcmdZView Item

Gerry
12-05-2005, 05:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JMD in VA:</font><hr> I have a friend who sells them and he put one in a local poolroom right next to a black GC IV. It's the tightest table in the joint and it's the on to practice on! It is built, IMO, better than the GC. The shell for the rails is twice as thick as the GC. The ball area for keeping a 1 Hole score is cut deeper so balls can't rock out. They put a nice thick carpet in the ball return so the balls don't get scarred. I personally love the table and you are getting it for about 1/3 of the price of a GC.

It's a good buy, IMO!

JMD in VA
The Mayor <hr /></blockquote>
JMD
I to have been checking these tables out. I sold my GC4 before moving to Fla and now I'm ready for another table. The Brunswick dealer here wants almost $9k for a GC4, YEA RIGHT. From the construction pics, the table looks like a GC3. I have a few questions J,
Are the pockets tight from the factory? or did the pool room jam them up?
Can you order a ball return from the company with the table?....thanks....Gerry

JMD in VA
12-05-2005, 03:50 PM
My friend!

We thought the 2 GC IV's in the poolroom were double shimmed so they doubled this one. When we put it together, we noticed that this table seemed tighter then the GC's; and it was! Much tighter. When we have tourney's in there, we have them break for the big rack. It is the PITA to get a ball to go on that table. You have to hit the dead nuts center of the pocket when it's double shimmed.

Yes you can order it with a ball return. That's what we have in the poolroom.

Hope this helps. Any other question's, drop me a line!

JMD in VA
Knew Efren would win!
Picked him from the beginning.